IGNORED

Henry Onyekuru

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UK definitely should reconsider those stupid work permit rules when it comes to football players. All these rules make no sense and only bring frustration. Either remove the work permits or employ a slot system that is used in most countries in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Haiku said:

UK definitely should reconsider those stupid work permit rules when it comes to football players. All these rules make no sense and only bring frustration. Either remove the work permits or employ a slot system that is used in most countries in Europe.

Don’t worry, Brexit will sort all that out...

34 minutes ago, Haiku said:

If they reconsider them for footballers they obviously need to consider them for everyone else as well. It would be ridiculous to allow footballers to have work permits easier than other professions.

11 minutes ago, Makis said:

If they reconsider them for footballers they obviously need to consider them for everyone else as well. It would be ridiculous to allow footballers to have work permits easier than other professions.

Prioritisation of who gets permits dependent on a skill set already exists.

3 hours ago, Makis said:

Yeah, that must be considered for all professional athletes and the corresponding association may imply rules over how many foreign athletes, if any, can be registered. It is like that in other countries and seems fair.

19 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Yeah, that must be considered for all professional athletes and the corresponding association may imply rules over how many foreign athletes, if any, can be registered. It is like that in other countries and seems fair.

You misunderstood. I meant for all workers. Footballers, from the perspective of law are employees like plumbers or software engineers. Those association rules have nothing to do with work permits and they do not stop clubs from signing any number of foreigners, only limit the number that can play at the same time.

5 hours ago, Makis said:

You misunderstood. I meant for all workers. Footballers, from the perspective of law are employees like plumbers or software engineers. Those association rules have nothing to do with work permits and they do not stop clubs from signing any number of foreigners, only limit the number that can play at the same time.

No, it's not the same for all workers. Apparently footballers are not considered as workers, because in order to get work permit, the foreign players are classified with points on certain criteria for example: games played for national team, rank of nation within football world, value of the transfer etc. It's weirdly discriminative towards players and clubs as well, because the richest clubs can get the best Brazilians with no problem whatsoever, and others are restricted to EU nationals only. Yet players with growing reputation like Henry Onyekuru, who probably has something to offer to the PL can't get WP, but if Manchester City pays us 60m for him, he'll get that WP instantly, because he'll collect the points required through the huge transfer fee. It's just ridiculous and makes little sense. I'm not sure how's the thing with normal workers, but I know people who are not EU citizens and moved to UK. Let me tell you, they are not driving a Ferrari as far as I know.

4 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Can someone please explain the Onyekuru situation, it lost me a while ago. Ta!

He doesn’t qualify for a work permit because he isn’t “an exceptional talent” or whatever they call it or because he doesn’t play something like 70% of his national teams matches.  Most of us are hoping his time with the national team this year will help him qualify.  Also he is doing well in turkey which always helps to raise his profile.  

Honestly big bucks moshiri should just find the guy who takes the bribes. Richarlison fulfilled neither and was denied then magically accepted by Watford.  Clearly a payoff or something there.  Find that judge or civil servant and make them your best friend.