IGNORED

Henry Onyekuru

Fran Mitchell
16 Posted 30/05/2019 at 14:05:34

From what I can see on the Net, the last 2 years have seen 29 international games and Henry has played in 7.

Henry needs 75% i.e. 21 but has only 24%. Even playing all African Nations games he is still way off, so looking like another year.

To be more exact, you need to analyse each game in the two-year timeframe and keeo tracking.

Hopefully another year and he will continue developing, playing CL footbalplayi, with a contract extension, we should see him next year, if not, sell him for a good 20million +future sale%

From the article above that Romey linked. It's not looking good on the international side of it.

22 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Maybe him and vlasic will get another year on loan and ready for first team squad the season after? 

Vlasic got in the Russian leagues team of year based on ratings. https://www.football-addict.com/en/article/everton-fc/nikola-vlasic-in-the-russian-team-of-the-year-does-silva-need-to-be-taking-another-look-at-this-lad-everton/5cec7d98f691454872012232?utm_campaign=post-auto&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=toffees-addict-en

Hopefully he'll be in our side this year. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Niasse and McGeady both had decent times in Russia before their moves....

7 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Tbh if he doesn't come in and play for us for next season, then forget it. I'm bored with the whole saga. Let's get on with players who can figure in future plans.

I agree, he's a winger we've got plenty of them so are we really struggling in that department no. 

Like you said this has been going on for to long now let's take the money and move on.  

15 hours ago, pete0 said:

Yet pundits over there don’t seem to think much of him. Doesn’t light up matches is a common quote. He seems the typical stat player, has moments of involvement, but mostly anonymous.

I always click on the links that are imbedded in links in other Everton news. And reading the one that gave a review of his season sounded a bit meh!, it was along these lines..... he’s a good player, but nothing special, more of a peripheral player.

And that’s in one of the poorest European leagues. He won’t ever come back to play here as the club know this. 

Maybe i’m always down on him as I expected too much at the start. I was really excited after his first appearance, but then it all faded away.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

they can't afford that.  i would sell in a heartbeat for that much but i dont' think they have that kinda dough.

They can't afford it, but they will spend it. Turkey's "Big 4" (Galatasaray, Fenerbache, Besiktas and Trabzonspor) have mounted debts that combined reach around the £1bn mark however the government has bankrolled the four of them for years and don't look like stopping. There are serious whispers that the bubble is about to burst on Turkish football where we could see the four teams mentioned literally removed from existence as we know it but for now they are operational and free to spend so long as the state back them. 

Galatasaray would happily spend £30,000,000 on Onyekeru and give him as much money as he wants regardless of whether it is sustainable in the long run, given the fact that we won't get a work permit for him and he himself has stated that he wants to stay in Turkey I think this deal will be done over the coming months. It's a shame what has happened with him because he sounds quite the player but I'm sure we will live without him just fine considering he never set foot in Goodison Park. 

55 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

They can't afford it, but they will spend it. Turkey's "Big 4" (Galatasaray, Fenerbache, Besiktas and Trabzonspor) have mounted debts that combined reach around the £1bn mark however the government has bankrolled the four of them for years and don't look like stopping. There are serious whispers that the bubble is about to burst on Turkish football where we could see the four teams mentioned literally removed from existence as we know it but for now they are operational and free to spend so long as the state back them. 

Galatasaray would happily spend £30,000,000 on Onyekeru and give him as much money as he wants regardless of whether it is sustainable in the long run, given the fact that we won't get a work permit for him and he himself has stated that he wants to stay in Turkey I think this deal will be done over the coming months. It's a shame what has happened with him because he sounds quite the player but I'm sure we will live without him just fine considering he never set foot in Goodison Park. 

Interesting comments on Turkish football. Thanks @Zoo 2.0

11 hours ago, c1982 said:

I don’t ever remember a Turkish team paying £30m or anything anywhere near that! They’ve obviously had older players on high wages like van Persie, Drogba and Roberto Carlos but not for fees like that. If he goes to Turkey, it’ll be another loan.

This. Turkish clubs look to scrimp and save when it comes to fees for players. They're an absolute fucking nightmare to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2019 at 01:46, markjazzbassist said:

Interesting comments on Turkish football. Thanks @Zoo 2.0

it is quite unrealistic comment in some ways... Things about the debts and state backing are all correct however there is absolutely no way neither Galatasaray nor the other 3 can spend 30m. euros on anyone. They simply can not do that.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Finn balor said:

We obviously don’t grease the right palms. He’s what 22? Another year on loan and we finally get his permit? You have a player there ready to take over from Walcott? Still young and ready to go 

agreed.  richarlison had no international experience nothing, he went to the exceptions council and was denied, then they went again and he was approved.  Moshiri needs to find that panel and ask watford how much they paid them off.  

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

right footed?  just sell him already.  i'm sure we will make money on him, get rid of the issue and use the money towards bringing players that have permits!

Not sure what right footed has to do with it. The lad has been linked with Bayern, PSG. There is a player there obviously. What’s the point of making five or ten million now. When you could have player that is far better than Walcott etc and be worth £40 or £50 million in a few seasons? 

4 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Not sure what right footed has to do with it. The lad has been linked with Bayern, PSG. There is a player there obviously. What’s the point of making five or ten million now. When you could have player that is far better than Walcott etc and be worth £40 or £50 million in a few seasons? 

all our wingers are right footed, even the left sided ones.  marco has said he wants a left footed winger in.

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I get that but you posted u want rid of him because he is right footed. Let’s get rid of inferior players in his position instead 

if you read the article you will see marco said "i'm not sure, he is right footed as well as all our wingers, i haven't decided yet".  meaning marco is taking the strong foot into consideration as well.

• 3 weeks later...