IGNORED

Henry Onyekuru

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He doesn’t qualify for a work permit because he isn’t “an exceptional talent” or whatever they call it or because he doesn’t play something like 70% of his national teams matches.  Most of us are hoping his time with the national team this year will help him qualify.  Also he is doing well in turkey which always helps to raise his profile.  

Honestly big bucks moshiri should just find the guy who takes the bribes. Richarlison fulfilled neither and was denied then magically accepted by Watford.  Clearly a payoff or something there.  Find that judge or civil servant and make them your best friend.

Are you implying that we should bribe?!

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Are you implying that we should bribe?!

I’m saying we should figure out how these other teams do it.  Richarlison and many others are allowed in and we struggle to get permits.  Id be surprised if there were bribes involved but I’m sure there are legal ways to improve your chances.  A small donation to the judges re-election campaign is how it’s done over here, totally legal, ethically ambiguous.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47960695

"I did a medical for Paris St-Germain on a Friday and we had to wait until Monday so they could make both signings [me and another player] official," Onyekuru told BBC Sport.

"Then I spoke to my friends because I have some good friends, and I asked if it was a good idea to play in Paris and they gave me their opinions.

"I also spoke to my mother and she said she just wants me to play because I'm young and still need to improve, and from there the right club will come.

"So I decided to go with my mother's advice so I just cut the deal off - just like that. I told my agent to call PSG that we are not going ahead with it."

The player explained that Everton had been looking at him long before that summer, and after speaking to his mother he opted for the Merseyside club.

"The conversation with my mum helped my decision-making, so it was to a club with better plans for my development," said Onyekuru.

"We had Everton before PSG and we all knew getting a UK work permit was going to be difficult. But their relationship with Anderlecht helped a lot in finalising things.

"I was going to be an Everton player then play on loan at Anderlecht who were competing in the Uefa Champions League.

"I wanted to get the exposure and experience of playing in the Champions League hence the decision to join Everton via Anderlecht."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Interesting that he mentions having 4 wingers with a right foot -- does that mean he wants a lefty?

I'd like to see Theo moved on and have Onyekuru try and stake and chance if not.

A manager will always look at the lowest risk. Theo might only be a 6/10, to lose him for Onyekuru who might be 8/10 but he could be a 4/10. The risks could cost the manager his job. 

I would like a lefty though. 

9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

We sell him vlasic and lookman that never play or have never played that could be £60-£70 million. That could a top striker and winger sorted. You don’t miss what u never had I guess? Still would rather have him though 

i think so to.  not saying i want to.  but i could totally see lookman vlasic and henry all sold this summer.

Silva was saying he wants a left footed winer when asked about him, didnt he?

Could see him moving away. It's a shame when clubs like Bayern are interested in him, the lads clearly got quality. We would probably be better off getting rid of Theo and taking the risk on this Henry, as long as we can get a work permit.

Sounds like he should be working on his left foot then 

31 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Silva was saying he wants a left footed winer when asked about him, didnt he?

Could see him moving away. It's a shame when clubs like Bayern are interested in him, the lads clearly got quality. We would probably be better off getting rid of Theo and taking the risk on this Henry, as long as we can get a work permit.