IGNORED

Mindless Atrocities

Paddock

Irrelevant and never in question, all religion has its hands washed with blood the difference is most move with modern times some don't sadly

Get over it humans? If only it were that easy

Except that people of faith built and ran the first hospitals, the first schools, the first welfare systems, were the most prominent fighters against slavery, etc. etc. What did atheist regimes achieve in the 20th century? The worst atrocities, by far, in human history. Can we focus on the problem (terrorism) and stop bashing other points of view?

There will always been terrorists. They've existed since the beginning of time, although often called by another name. When they are driven by an idea, you can't just try to kill them all, because that fans the flames of more violence. But there are sensible things we can do without any particular community being distrusted or made to feel like villains.

Except that people of faith built and ran the first hospitals, the first schools, the first welfare systems, were the most prominent fighters against slavery, etc. etc. What did atheist regimes achieve in the 20th century? The worst atrocities, by far, in human history. Can we focus on the problem (terrorism) and stop bashing other points of view?

There will always been terrorists. They've existed since the beginning of time, although often called by another name. When they are driven by an idea, you can't just try to kill them all, because that fans the flames of more violence. But there are sensible things we can do without any particular community being distrusted or made to feel like villains.

What are you babbling about! You don't half fabricate some shite at times

I've not once bashed anyone's point of view or said anything about the stuff you've just spouted

Christian Muslim, Catholic Protestant, Hindu, or Jew, people murder in the name of religion, because they believe it legitimises their actions.

I personally believe in no God or religion, but try to live my life treating people how I would like to be treated, no need for a bible or the Koran to tell you how to be a good person, but they come in handy if you want to have conflict with someone with different religious views from yourself.

Christian Muslim, Catholic Protestant, Hindu, or Jew, people murder in the name of religion, because they believe it legitimises their actions.

I personally believe in no God or religion, but try to live my life treating people how I would like to be treated, no need for a bible or the Koran to tell you how to be a good person, but they come in handy if you want to have conflict with someone with different religious views from yourself.

Agreed

I know full well of the violence advocated in many religious "books" Mike but Christianity isn't involved in this topic nor is it the most problematic of current times

That's debatable, if you live in the US chances are you are not going to be greatly affected by Islamist terror events, under say a Mike Pence presidency which is a very real possibility, Christian fundamentalism could pervade your everyday life with serious consequences say if you are a woman or gay.

This is not an attempt at whataboutery but Christianity is a long way away from being a benign institution in the west, while not being overtly evil like ISIS , a lot of Christians end up wanting evil things due to their beliefs, which puts them on the same continuum.

That's debatable, if you live in the US chances are you are not going to be greatly affected by Islamist terror events, under say a Mike Pence presidency which is a very real possibility, Christian fundamentalism could pervade your everyday life with serious consequences say if you are a woman or gay.

This is not an attempt at whataboutery but Christianity is a long way away from being a benign institution in the west, while not being overtly evil like ISIS , a lot of Christians end up wanting evil things due to their beliefs, which puts them on the same continuum.

Please don't confuse evangelicals in America with the teachings of Christ. In too many ways, the two are polar opposites.

And many would say that terrorists who claim the mantle of Islam bear little resemblance to the faith practised by mainstream Muslims.

You're right, though, that present-day "Pharisees", those who (regardless of faith or even of no faith) constantly look to find fault in others, laud themselves over others, and push their beliefs on others, are a factor in extremism. Charismatic leaders influence the vulnerable and marginalized, planting the despicable seed that violence and aggression can win them power. This is, in many ways, the story of human history.

Edited by Cornish Steve

No debating that Chach my points and opinion are purely on this topic though

As said each to their own I've no issues with anyone of any faith unless it involves what you say and what's been going on here lately

We put my daughter in a Catholic school due to it being one of the best around our area and although she's only six she loves the religious side of it and me being a "science is God" type I'd never divert her opinions thoughts or beliefs unless it was necessary

I'm not daft enough or arrogant to overlook the good religion can do individually or on a huge scale it's just not my cup of tea

"This is for Allah" was the words being shouted! more dead more wounded. Same religion of peace? Wake up people. More FUCKING BLOOD shed!

I don't think it helps anything when people say "but it's nothing to do with religion". Of course it is! It may be their twisted version of it but it is, nevertheless, about religion. To brush it under the carpet and pretend it's not causes problems.

people using religion as an excuse to justify their evil actions is not the same as a religion being evil.

Horrible news to wake up to

It's promoted through preaching in the mosques. We don't go hard enough on hate speech, we let the evil bastards corrupt kids in to doing terrible things.

It's promoted through preaching in the mosques. We don't go hard enough on hate speech, we let the evil bastards corrupt kids in to doing terrible things.

ive not been to a mosque, but I have a friend who does and pretty sure she'll confirm that's bullshit.

Oh, and she was one of the first responders too. Evil woman.

Edited by Matt

It is about religeon- of course it's about religeon. I despise religeon it is the cause of hate, murder, wars, genocide and has done for thousands of years.

Thing with this is though- it's a fanatical few flying under the flag of a religeon, you cannot blame all muslims for it it's absolutely absurd to do that. There will of been muslims helping the wounded and dying yesterday (and before) there are muslims condemning what is happening.

It's no different to everyone blaming us for those dickheads from the EDL marching yesterday- well they are white British so we must all think and act like that mustn't we.

I don't have the answer to it but I know what we shouldn't do - and that's put everyone who is of any faith under the same umbrella as these fanatics

It is about religeon- of course it's about religeon. I despise religeon it is the cause of hate, murder, wars, genocide and has done for thousands of years.

Thing with this is though- it's a fanatical few flying under the flag of a religeon, you cannot blame all muslims for it it's absolutely absurd to do that. There will of been muslims helping the wounded and dying yesterday (and before) there are muslims condemning what is happening.

It's no different to everyone blaming us for those dickheads from the EDL marching yesterday- well they are white British so we must all think and act like that mustn't we.

I don't have the answer to it but I know what we shouldn't do - and that's put everyone who is of any faith under the same umbrella as these fanatics

I hope you don't think that's what I was doing with my post, Pad? Because I can assure you I wasn't. Not for a minute am I saying all Muslims are terrorists, that just isn't true, we'd be in even bigger trouble if that was the case! It just winds me up when people come out with that classic line of their acts not being about religion. They are and, like I said, to dismiss that doesn't help in the slightest IMO.

ive not been to a mosque, but I have a friend who does and pretty sure she'll confirm that's bullshit.

The Manchester bomber was reported by a Didsbury mosque. How many more did he go to that never?

'Mr Ramadan said he understood that Abedi had been placed on a watch list because the mosque reported him to the authorities for his extremist views.

A well-placed source at Didsbury Mosque confirmed it had contacted the Home Offices Prevent anti-radicalisation programme as a result.'

Edit. Didn't comment on the second part. Stop being a tit. I never said all Muslims, so since that statement up your arse. My uni mate was terrified her brother was being influenced in the mosque. It happens.

Edited by pete0

Far from bullshit Matt many Mosques practice Wahhabism and Salafist and are funded by Saudi "charities" to start with

It was something that was supposed to be outlawed due to it's vile views etc but these terror linked groups get around it by registering as charities, then they fly the clerics over and let them loose

Saudi really are a massive problem on multiple levels but sadly nothing will change because we cut cloth with them on billion £ arms deals

No clear solution to it all imo it's a problem that's been allowed to go past a point of return and more and more innocent people from all sides will only suffer

Edited by EFC-Paul

I hope you don't think that's what I was doing with my post, Pad? Because I can assure you I wasn't. Not for a minute am I saying all Muslims are terrorists, that just isn't true, we'd be in even bigger trouble if that was the case! It just winds me up when people come out with that classic line of their acts not being about religion. They are and, like I said, to dismiss that doesn't help in the slightest IMO.

It was in response to MC mate not you.

"This is for Allah" was the words being shouted! more dead more wounded. Same religion of peace? Wake up people. More FUCKING BLOOD shed!

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/kabul-isis-explosion-attack-no-one-minutes-scilence-a7767341.html

"There will be no one minute silence to pay tribute to the victims of Isis’s latest murder rampage. No “I heart Baghdad” captions or #JesuisKabul hashtags. But the atrocities that struck both of these cities are just as devastating as the attack that recently took place in Manchester.

This week’s latest terror attacks remind us that most of Isis’s victims in fact belong to the religion it claims to represent. It is important to note that the vast majority of Muslims not only condemn Isis but bear the brunt of its brutality. There is a sad irony in how the group which has the largest number of victims of terrorism are often blamed for it."

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/kabul-isis-explosion-attack-no-one-minutes-scilence-a7767341.html

"There will be no one minute silence to pay tribute to the victims of Isis’s latest murder rampage. No “I heart Baghdad” captions or #JesuisKabul hashtags. But the atrocities that struck both of these cities are just as devastating as the attack that recently took place in Manchester.

This week’s latest terror attacks remind us that most of Isis’s victims in fact belong to the religion it claims to represent. It is important to note that the vast majority of Muslims not only condemn Isis but bear the brunt of its brutality. There is a sad irony in how the group which has the largest number of victims of terrorism are often blamed for it."

What's your point?

I'll be honest... if someone did something to create the utmost anger in me - my Roman Catholic upbringing and beliefs would be the strongest persuasion there is for not seriously harming that person.

I don't believe in killing- Simple as that.

Religion isn't the biggest cause of wars IMO.... it's desire for greed, wealth and passion. Religion can be a very powerful method of collecting and uniting people to a common cause.

There is no doubt in my mind that Christian occupation of Muslim countries over the past century has caused a lot of what we are seeing. That isn't because of religion.... it's merely the fact that the religion has been used as a common denominator and hugely used by Islamist terrorists in getting people to fight.

We should never have been involved in half the shit we were. The yanks have been at it for a long time with their support of Israel... innocent people getting blown up in the middle east long before it came on our shores.

The only solution to this is to get together with Muslim leaders - to even discuss matters with the senior terrorist leaders. Find out what exactly it is they want to achieve. Because continuing the bombing etc... offering death to them is what they want... martyrdom.

The western world has done a very good job in providing young impressionable jihadists the excuses they need to be radicalized.

It's all very well Mr Blair making catastrophic decisions that costs young soldiers and hundreds of thousands of civilians their lives... he's hardly exposed to any risk is he?

I'll be honest... if someone did something to create the utmost anger in me - my Roman Catholic upbringing and beliefs would be the strongest persuasion there is for not seriously harming that person.

I don't believe in killing- Simple as that.

Religion isn't the biggest cause of wars IMO.... it's desire for greed, wealth and passion. Religion can be a very powerful method of collecting and uniting people to a common cause.

There is no doubt in my mind that Christian occupation of Muslim countries over the past century has caused a lot of what we are seeing. That isn't because of religion.... it's merely the fact that the religion has been used as a common denominator and hugely used by Islamist terrorists in getting people to fight.

We should never have been involved in half the shit we were. The yanks have been at it for a long time with their support of Israel... innocent people getting blown up in the middle east long before it came on our shores.

The only solution to this is to get together with Muslim leaders - to even discuss matters with the senior terrorist leaders. Find out what exactly it is they want to achieve. Because continuing the bombing etc... offering death to them is what they want... martyrdom.

The western world has done a very good job in providing young impressionable jihadists the excuses they need to be radicalized.

It's all very well Mr Blair making catastrophic decisions that costs young soldiers and hundreds of thousands of civilians their lives... he's hardly exposed to any risk is he?

Catholics have been killing in the name of religion for hundreds of years and still are, the truth is religion has been the reason for many conflicts round the world.

The reason being religion makes you different from someone who doesn't share your religious views and values, whether right or wrong this has caused more conflict and killing, than if there was no religion.