IGNORED

Fixtures 2017/2018

Matt

Bailey. I agree. Play them early, they're normally a bit shakey.

My only reservation would be, if we get hammered in all 5 of those games, the morale/confidence could take a beating and put us behind quite quickly. Win vs Stoke and grab a couple of away draws and I think we'll be OK.

Bailey. I agree. Play them early, they're normally a bit shakey.

My only reservation would be, if we get hammered in all 5 of those games, the morale/confidence could take a beating and put us behind quite quickly. Win vs Stoke and grab a couple of away draws and I think we'll be OK.

I'm hoping the Europa qualifiers will put us in good stead, if don't treat them as friendlies (which I don't expect)

at first I thought it will be a horror show but with Europa and playing on sundays after (a lot of stats show teams don't do as well) I'd rather get those hard games out the way then have to do it later in the season if we are progressing in the Europa.

Just to be precise about our early-season fixtures and Europa League --

If Everton win in the EL Third Qualifying Round, it progresses to the Play-off Round. We would play the first leg of the Play-off Round on Thurs Aug 17, followed by a Sunday match @ Man City. The second leg would be Thurs Aug 24, followed by a Sunday match @ Chelsea.

If Everton progress to the EL Group Stage, we would play Matchday 1 on Thurs Sept 14, followed by a Sunday match @ Man U.

A challenge, to put it mildly.

Lets hope we get our transfer activity moved on early on because I don't want to see us messing around with players on their way out or new players not settled in going into that lot plus the European games!

That was going to be my first point.

Brutal first month along with Europa, koeman will want the numbers coming in now to cope. December and January look another rough one other than that smooth sailing

And that was going to be my second.

Something's not right. We play Chelsea twice before we ever play West Brom. I thought the season was broken into two halves, playing each team once in each half?

No all teams always play somebody twice before they play a different team once, it happens every season.

Not that I'm cynical enough to think we're done doing business, but just to present the case and to calm us all down a little, assuming Lukaku and Barkley leave, this is our best line-up for opening day:

Pickford

Kenny/Holgate Williams jags/Mori Baines

Gana schneiderlin Davies

Mirallas Klaassen

DCL

Definitely still need some more bodies in.

Not that I'm cynical enough to think we're done doing business, but just to present the case and to calm us all down a little, assuming Lukaku and Barkley leave, this is our best line-up for opening day:

Pickford

Kenny/Holgate Williams jags/Mori Baines

Gana schneiderlin Davies

Mirallas Klaassen

DCL

Definitely still need some more bodies in.

Whoops. On my phone and posted this in the wrong thread. Meant to post it in the transfer window thread.

Did you people know all this stuff? Especially all that complexity over "so many links that you wouldn't expect," such as "pinch points" and pairings for police reasons and sharing of stewards?

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3143770/premier-league-fixture-list-devised-by-man-named-glenn-thompson-and-his-computer

Did you people know all this stuff? Especially all that complexity over "so many links that you wouldn't expect," such as "pinch points" and pairings for police reasons and sharing of stewards?

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3143770/premier-league-fixture-list-devised-by-man-named-glenn-thompson-and-his-computer

Crazy I never realized it was that complicated

• 3 weeks later...