IGNORED

Fixtures 2017/2018

Matt

If we got Chelsea first game and Lukaku is gone it'd be Calvert-Lewin leading the line because we won't have even begun mulling over Lukaku's replacement yet :lol:.

I hope not, if we have yet another joke window i don't see the majority of fans putting up with another round of the same old excuses again, we have listened to that rubbish year on year from BK. If Moshiri starts on them it will be interesting to see the reaction. He can't use the stadium as an excuse as a) nothing much is happening with it at the moment, and b he's not paying for it the council are.

Edited by Simon

I hope not, if we have yet another joke window i don't see the majority of fans putting up with another round of the same old excuses again, we have listened to that rubbish year on year from BK. If Moshiri starts on them it will be interesting to see the reaction. He can't use the stadium as an excuse as a) nothing much is happening with it at the moment, and b he's not paying for it the council are.

Are you a redshite?! The council aren't paying for the stadium. They are being the guarantor and setting up an SPV company that will help the club secure the finance in the most tax efficient, safe for all, way. The Council will benefit nicely from the arrangement. As will the city.

As Newty says, the council are paying for shit. The only thing they'll be paying for is improving infrastructure around the ground.

Are you a redshite?! The council aren't paying for the stadium. They are being the guarantor and setting up an SPV company that will help the club secure the finance in the most tax efficient, safe for all, way. The Council will benefit nicely from the arrangement. As will the city.

fair enough, just i have read things that say Moshiri is not putting his own money into it that's all, you have cleared it up a bit

fair enough, just i have read things that say Moshiri is not putting his own money into it that's all, you have cleared it up a bit

Well yeah, very rarely does anyone actually pull out their credit card and pay for such things directly these days, if ever. The club, the council, Moshiri etc all took some pretty expensive legal advice on how to do this 'the best way to suit all parties'.

I would prefer to play them early than late. After those first handful of games we have a really good schedule with none of the big games coming that late either. Even if we do get off to a bad start we have a big chance of gaining a lot of momentum as the season goes on.

I'll put it to you this way, would you have rather played those teams early or late last season? Utd, Chelsea, Spurs all average, only City came out of the blocks. Utd improved, Chelsea and Spurs went on to look unbeatable at times and only City had a quiet patch before improving again late.

We just need to make sure we are on it and there is no excuse not to be especially with the Europa games. We will be much sharper.

Edited by Bailey