IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Sunday October 1st

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, tonkaroost said:
2 minutes ago, Bailey said:
Nothing wrong with Baines' legs. 

That burst was not expected. Why doesn't he do that more?

Baines is a prime example of Koeman’s comment about players “afraid to go forward.”  I don’t get Baines’s hesitancy.  I will say he was very aggressive against Apollon, but less so today.

/$$   /$$ /$$$$$$ /$$$$$$$$/$$      /$$ /$$$$$$ /$$   /$$        /$$$$$$ /$$   /$$/$$$$$$$$/$$
| $$  /$$//$$__  $| $$_____| $$$    /$$$/$$__  $| $$$ | $$       /$$__  $| $$  | $|__  $$__| $$
| $$ /$$/| $$  \ $| $$     | $$$$  /$$$| $$  \ $| $$$$| $$      | $$  \ $| $$  | $$  | $$  | $$
| $$$$$/ | $$  | $| $$$$$  | $$ $$/$$ $| $$$$$$$| $$ $$ $$      | $$  | $| $$  | $$  | $$  | $$
| $$  $$ | $$  | $| $$__/  | $$  $$$| $| $$__  $| $$  $$$$      | $$  | $| $$  | $$  | $$  |__/
| $$\  $$| $$  | $| $$     | $$\  $ | $| $$  | $| $$\  $$$      | $$  | $| $$  | $$  | $$      
| $$ \  $|  $$$$$$| $$$$$$$| $$ \/  | $| $$  | $| $$ \  $$      |  $$$$$$|  $$$$$$/  | $$   /$$
|__/  \__/\______/|________|__/     |__|__/  |__|__/  \__/       \______/ \______/   |__/  |__/

He has to go after that, absolutely has to. He doesn't have a fucking clue. He wants us to play narrow against a team that sit in. He leaves one of our best in form players on the bench. He takes off one of our most potent players and the only one proving any width bringing on players who will add to the problem instead of solving it. 

If we were knocking the door down I would have some sympathy but they had almost as many good chances as us. 

Only DCL, Vlasic and Baines were worthy of the shirt today. The rest tried but looked bereft of confidence and direction. 

5 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:
5 minutes ago, Bailey said:
Nothing wrong with Baines' legs. 

That burst was not expected. Why doesn't he do that more?

1 minute ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Baines is a prime example of Koeman’s comment about players “afraid to go forward.”  I don’t get Baines’s hesitancy.  I will say he was very aggressive against Apollon, but less so today.

I disagree, I think it's tactical. Ever since Koeman came in Baines has got forward less and less. He has no support whatsoever on that side (as shown by the Limassol position map) and he can't do it all himself. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

He has to go after that, absolutely has to. He doesn't have a fucking clue. He wants us to play narrow against a team that sit in. He leaves one of our best in form players on the bench. He takes off one of our most potent players and the only one proving any width bringing on players who will add to the problem instead of solving it. 

If we were knocking the door down I would have some sympathy but they had almost as many good chances as us. 

Only DCL, Vlasic and Baines were worthy of the shirt today. The rest tried but looked bereft of confidence and direction. 

This for me. I wanted to give him until Christmas but nothing has changed and no sign of it doing so. Too many changes to the squad and zero change from the manager to address it. 

After they scored, that was as bad as I've seen us play at Goodison in almost 30 years. Utterly lacking in imagination, pace, power, threat. Half the team should be nowhere near the first XI they are so out of form. And it all stops with Koeman, his consistently terrible tactical decisions have sucked the confidence out the team. 

Moshiri has to show his ambition and sack him, now. He isn't good enough for a club aiming for trophies and regular European football. If he is in charge v Lyon we will lose and be out of Europe. If Koeman isn't sacked now, this season is a write off already. 

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We started well and then their goal killed us for the rest of the game. That shouldn't be happening, they're still just Burnley, and we should've had the belief we could still win. 

Time for a change. 

How is the atmosphere at GP? It sounded 'fair' to me...as in, not too toxic but more on the quiet nervous side.

I think once it gets a bit toxic, it will be almost impossible for things to change.

18 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

How is the atmosphere at GP? It sounded 'fair' to me...as in, not too toxic but more on the quiet nervous side.

I think once it gets a bit toxic, it will be almost impossible for things to change.

First half the Gladys picked up in reaction to the lively start. After the goal and the players didn't give anyone anything to shout about.