IGNORED

Richarlison

2 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

We do though. Nevermind the general feeling before he said anything that he’d look for a move this summer . He was directly quoted as saying “when I talk about leaving a club..” etc.. which means he has talked about leaving our club. I suppose you could say they made up a direct quote but, barring that, he’s had those discussions. 

You mean in the same interview where he’s asked about leaving and he says that he doesn’t want to say anything yet. 
He doesn’t answer the question by saying “yes I want to leave Everton”. Feel free to watch the who press conference again, but he doesn’t confirm anything. He says it’s difficult to talk about leaving and about the fans loving him. Doesn’t say he wants to leave. 
So still, no, you and no one else knows what he wants, yet. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

You mean in the same interview where he’s asked about leaving and he says that he doesn’t want to say anything yet. 
He doesn’t answer the question by saying “yes I want to leave Everton”. Feel free to watch the who press conference again, but he doesn’t confirm anything. He says it’s difficult to talk about leaving and about the fans loving him. Doesn’t say he wants to leave. 

Again, he says “when I talk about leaving a club…” There aren’t many lines to read between there. He makes the point that he doesn’t like to do that publicly because of the fans etc.. Which is classy but also a clear indication he’s talked about leaving the club. For what reason would a player ever say that if they hadn’t had those discussions? If he was planning to stay he would never say “when I talk about leaving”. 

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

Read your own comments back. “He says it’s difficult to talk about leaving”. No player would ever say this if he wasn’t having conversations about leaving. If you need him to say outright  “I want to leave Everton” it’s unlikely to happen. Would be bad for the club and likely bad for him personally. 

5 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Read your own comments back. “He says it’s difficult to talk about leaving”. No player would ever say this if he wasn’t having conversations about leaving. If you need him to say outright  “I want to leave Everton” it’s unlikely to happen. Would be bad for the club and likely bad for him personally. 

All I see is a man who has made his opinions clear to the club which he has confirmed he has, which only a week ago (after these comments) was being reported as he wants a pay rise to stay but would like to leave if one of europes top clubs came after him. Now there is a bunch of journalists around the world, each with a different rumour, he’s confirming he wants to leave, which is still not what he’s said. 
Again, he may well want to, but he’s not confirmed a thing. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

All I see is a man who has made his opinions clear to the club which he has confirmed he has, which only a week ago (after these comments) was being reported as he wants a pay rise to stay but would like to leave if one of europes top clubs came after him. Now there is a bunch of journalists around the world, each with a different rumour, he’s confirming he wants to leave, which is still not what he’s said. 
Again, he may well want to, but he’s not confirmed a thing. 

The journalists from around the world aren’t relevant though. I agree that most of that is just rumors not to be taken seriously. What is relevant is that Richarlison himself has talked about why it’s difficult for him to discuss leaving a club because he loves the fans etc..  The implication there is as clear as we are likely to get. He’s a good soldier and he’s not going to hurt the club by being publicly difficult about a move but he’s obviously told them he’d like to go. There is probably some chance we don’t get a great offer and we put him on 150k a week and he stays but I think it’s pretty obvious at this point he’d like a move. Also, even without the rumors and quotes, it makes all the sense in the world for a player of his age and ability to leave. Particularly as it would help our finances a lot. We had our window to become a club he might stay at and we couldn’t make it happen. 

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

The journalists from around the world aren’t relevant though. I agree that most of that is just rumors not to be taken seriously. What is relevant is that Richarlison himself has talked about why it’s difficult for him to discuss leaving a club because he loves the fans etc..  The implication there is as clear as we are likely to get. He’s a good soldier and he’s not going to hurt the club by being publicly difficult about a move but he’s obviously told them he’d like to go. There is probably some chance we don’t get a great offer and we put him on 150k a week and he stays but I think it’s pretty obvious at this point he’d like a move. Also, even without the rumors and quotes, it makes all the sense in the world for a player of his age and ability to leave. Particularly as it would help our finances a lot. We had our window to become a club he might stay at and we couldn’t make it happen. 

Yep, it’s difficult to talk about it. Doesn’t mean it’s happening. Would be difficult for me to talk about leaving my wife, doesn’t mean I’m going to. 
Keep reading between the lines and thinking you know what the lad actually wants. Or just read the lines themselves. 
The bit in bold, just makes me laugh. Obviously. 

24 minutes ago, StevO said:

Yep, it’s difficult to talk about it. Doesn’t mean it’s happening. Would be difficult for me to talk about leaving my wife, doesn’t mean I’m going to. 
Keep reading between the lines and thinking you know what the lad actually wants. Or just read the lines themselves. 
The bit in bold, just makes me laugh. Obviously. 

If somebody asked you about if you planned to leave your wife and you responded “it’s difficult for me to talk about leaving my wife” I expect we/and your wife could guess your intentions. 

He could have answered by saying he didn’t want to leave. He could have answered vaguely and said we will just see what happens this summer. He answered in a way that makes it pretty clear he’s spoken to management about leaving but finds it uncomfortable to talk about because he loves the fans. Any other reading , for me, is very wishful thinking. It’s also very possible, given our financial situation, that Richarlison being sold this window is best for everyone,  much as we like him as a player. 

45 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

If somebody asked you about if you planned to leave your wife and you responded “it’s difficult for me to talk about leaving my wife” I expect we/and your wife could guess your intentions. 

He could have answered by saying he didn’t want to leave. He could have answered vaguely and said we will just see what happens this summer. He answered in a way that makes it pretty clear he’s spoken to management about leaving but finds it uncomfortable to talk about because he loves the fans. Any other reading , for me, is very wishful thinking. It’s also very possible, given our financial situation, that Richarlison being sold this window is best for everyone,  much as we like him as a player. 

As the original reports were that he had asked the club for more money or let him go if a top European club came in for him, if that was correct, why would he say I’m not leaving? He had already said we would see this month, so why would he then offer commitment one way or another? If the initial reports are true we may not know his intentions until August if no bids come. He may even sign a new contract in July and leave us this summer. It’s happened in the past. 
He did answer vaguely though, extremely vaguely, but you’ve interpreted it in one direct way, but he’s not clarified a thing. If I was to take it positively I’d try to say he’s saying a transfer is difficult and he loves the club so he’s staying. But he’s done nothing but leave it wide open and shouldn’t be taken one way or the other.

I’ve seen enough players do this dance, enough journalists say a player was sold or signed, to know that until it’s done we don’t know a damn thing. If we believed all of this stuff Lukaku leaves us after the first season, Baines signs for United, Michael Owen signs for Everton, plus many many more examples. 
Manny Fernandez told me he was signing his contract the next morning sat in La Tasca in Liverpool, the next day he was on a flight to Spain.
You just don’t know and the media have an agenda before you even see the story they write, and most of the time it’s to drive up the advertising for their website. When you have a Brazilian international who plays in the premier league it’s like Christmas for them. 

Maybe I’m long in the tooth, maybe I’ve seen it too many times. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

As the original reports were that he had asked the club for more money or let him go if a top European club came in for him, if that was correct, why would he say I’m not leaving? He had already said we would see this month, so why would he then offer commitment one way or another? If the initial reports are true we may not know his intentions until August if no bids come. He may even sign a new contract in July and leave us this summer. It’s happened in the past. 
He did answer vaguely though, extremely vaguely, but you’ve interpreted it in one direct way, but he’s not clarified a thing. If I was to take it positively I’d try to say he’s saying a transfer is difficult and he loves the club so he’s staying. But he’s done nothing but leave it wide open and shouldn’t be taken one way or the other.

I’ve seen enough players do this dance, enough journalists say a player was sold or signed, to know that until it’s done we don’t know a damn thing. If we believed all of this stuff Lukaku leaves us after the first season, Baines signs for United, Michael Owen signs for Everton, plus many many more examples. 
Manny Fernandez told me he was signing his contract the next morning sat in La Tasca in Liverpool, the next day he was on a flight to Spain.
You just don’t know and the media have an agenda before you even see the story they write, and most of the time it’s to drive up the advertising for their website. When you have a Brazilian international who plays in the premier league it’s like Christmas for them. 

Maybe I’m long in the tooth, maybe I’ve seen it too many times. 

What I tend to care about are the direct quotes. Why would a player say “When I talk about leaving a club” if that was not on his mind and hadn’t been communicated? The most favorable reading of that from a perspective of him staying is that he’s intentionally doing that to strengthen his negotiating position. But this doesn’t seem in character for Richarlison and it’s also unnecessary. He can tell the club “Look unless I get X I’m going to ask for a transfer”. There isn’t a need to put anything in the press as you’ve already told the club. In fact putting yourself in the window like that could even hurt your chances as it hurts the club’s negotiating position and might make them less likely to sell. All things being equal the simplest explanation is usually correct and in this case the simplest explanation for a player to mention leaving the club is that he wants to leave the club. 

2 hours ago, RPG said:

Reluctantly have to agree. But if Frank can get him on loan for a season, who knows what might then become possible.

It’s an odd spot. If he came and was successful does that lessen or increase our chances of signing him longterm? We were a bit lucky with Lukaku as he was blocked at Chelsea and didn’t want to wait. 

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

Could be responding to a question? 

Reporters are very leading with questions.

He was responding to a question, after he’d just said he’s already told the club and the manager what he wants in response to a previous question. So he wasn’t going to give any confirmation after already being vague on the first answer. 

13 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

It’s an odd spot. If he came and was successful does that lessen or increase our chances of signing him longterm? We were a bit lucky with Lukaku as he was blocked at Chelsea and didn’t want to wait. 

Exactly. I think Gallagher is an outstanding player for us but @Romey 1878he is short of the class required (currently) to be a part of Chelsea MID. His stats are actually pretty poor against the so called "big teams"...call that a symptom of playing in an inferior side if you will. He also tailed off towards the end of the season (1 goal/1 assist in last 20 games or so playing significant minutes)

I say all of this not to knock his talent but to say that it is not fantasy that he could come here whether that be loan to buy or permanent outright. Less than likely - yes, stuff of dreams - that's a bit far.

*Sorry for derailing the Richi thread. Feel free to move to CG dedicated thread.

40 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Exactly. I think Gallagher is an outstanding player for us but @Romey 1878he is short of the class required (currently) to be a part of Chelsea MID. His stats are actually pretty poor against the so called "big teams"...call that a symptom of playing in an inferior side if you will. He also tailed off towards the end of the season (1 goal/1 assist in last 20 games or so playing significant minutes)

I say all of this not to knock his talent but to say that it is not fantasy that he could come here whether that be loan to buy or permanent outright. Less than likely - yes, stuff of dreams - that's a bit far.

*Sorry for derailing the Richi thread. Feel free to move to CG dedicated thread.

I'm not saying he won't leave Chelsea on a permanent deal at all, I'm saying there is no chance he's coming here on a permanent deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

If, as being touted on SSN we sell our 2 best players, and take forty winks as part of the deal, then that says everything about our ambition, and predicament.

If our chairman is looking to bail out (hopefully) he might just sanction this and pocket the cash on his way out.

Gordon is going nowhere.

With Richarlison, I'd rather just have straight cash but if we have to have players as part of any deal for him I really hope Chelsea's interest is true because at least if we take any of their players they are likely to have an upside for us. If we sell him to Spurs we're basically fucking ourselves twice over by losing an important player and taking their cast offs.

Come on Chelsea, you know you want to.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

This is where spurs are irritating.   Can’t stand levy, Gordon is difficult to put a price on - basically his ceiling is sky high.  He could be better than Richarlison by next season, more pace, same work ethic, but is English and is a blue. 

You don't even need to think about it, Haf, he won't be leaving. Zero chance of him not being an Everton player this coming season.