IGNORED

Richarlison

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Whether Richarlison was taking the piss or not, that sort of response to it by the Forest player should, in my opinion, be a red card. That's not an attempt for the ball and is nothing more than him wanting to hurt Richarlison so he doesn't do it again.

Agreed, also looks to me that Williams "fell" as heavily as he could onto Richarlison; I'd have given him a yellow as well.

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

Williams definitely didn't need to fall on him at all. You see him think about it before he does it! 🤣

He was a bit of a shithouse in our game against Forest (possibly due to being a former red play), so it doesn’t  surprise me. 

On 29/08/2022 at 05:38, Romey 1878 said:

Whether Richarlison was taking the piss or not, that sort of response to it by the Forest player should, in my opinion, be a red card. That's not an attempt for the ball and is nothing more than him wanting to hurt Richarlison so he doesn't do it again.

Intentional or not, never a red. Richarlison earned getting fouled - had it been a more dangerous challenge/had he been injured, perhaps a red but he invited that

35 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Intentional or not, never a red. Richarlison earned getting fouled - had it been a more dangerous challenge/had he been injured, perhaps a red but he invited that

It was nearing on violent conduct/endangering a player.  Whether he asks for it or not - doing kick ups isn’t going to end a players career. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

It was nearing on violent conduct/endangering a player.  Whether he asks for it or not - doing kick ups isn’t going to end a players career. 

I've just got a different view mate. In baseball or hockey, the players police themselves to some degree.

53 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Hopefully get done for bringing game into disrepute.  Callum Wilson being all tough, the blokes never off the physios table the melt. 

Not a chance, unfortunately. Its moments like this I wish I still had a social media presence outside of TT. I'd be tagging the FA in all those tweets asking if their silence on those comments from "professionals" and "experts" of the game, flat out endorsing, condoning and threatening a player who did a couple of keep ups with harm, was them not having a problem with it.