IGNORED

Richarlison

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Been a great player for us. His effort and attitude for the fight is what’s always impressed me about him. He deserves success in his life for the way he has gave everything.

Good luck to you Richie, your in our memories for ever mate.

He’s a perfect Conte player too.  He bought into the club as much as much as we did him, and I wonder if the same can happen at spurs.  Expectations will be higher and there’ll be plenty of competition for his place.

I do want him to do well there, but equally won’t be disappointed if he does a Pienaar…

Just now, StevO said:

I think I’ll be devastes when it happens. It would have been tough to take if he left and went to somewhere like Madrid or PSG, but to Spurs is a real bad one. 

My worry for him is if he goes there and isn’t first choice, and that could cause him a problem for the World Cup. 

Tough :lol: .

It's going to sound like I'm being extremely bitter but I'm a little frustrated that he's going to Spurs of all places. There was talk of Barcelona a year or so ago, and Chelsea were sniffing yet he's going down London to play for a club who've won... nothing? It's all ifs, buts and maybe's but I wouldn't be surprised to see Conte leave Tottenham this season and they're going to be nowhere near a league title (whereas Chelsea may be). Just feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity for him.

Of course I'm not being naive, they're going to be higher in the league than us, but it does feel like he's moving from 1 to 2 as opposing to jumping right up to 11. 

24 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think I’ll be devastes when it happens. It would have been tough to take if he left and went to somewhere like Madrid or PSG, but to Spurs is a real bad one. 

My worry for him is if he goes there and isn’t first choice, and that could cause him a problem for the World Cup. 

As much as I love Richie once he's gone, he's gone. Although I do agree that sitting on the fringes of Spurs will hinder his World Cup hopes and given that they've got Son and Kane in the front 3 (meaning realistically there's only one spot up for grabs) it's not as out of this world as it appears on face value. All it takes is Lucas Moura to find form, who funnily enough will be gunning for a spot in the Brazil squad himself - my hope was that he would choose Chelsea, or the likes of PSG/Madrid/Barcelona came with a serious package.

Like others, im ok with this move as long as we get straight cash, no strings. 

Richie has been immense for us but I think we can replace his qualities. He is not actually that skilful (stereotype alert) for a Brazilian but he has more heart than any Brazilian I've ever watched. 

I'd say we need to spend the money (in the new FY) on a mid and striker. 

It would not surprise me to see Richy go for £60M (maybe £5-£10M more than Spurs really want to pay us) by 30th June and Winks come in for £20M (maybe £5-£10M more than we want to pay) on the 1st July - purely in order to help our 21/22 FFP. My guess is that would be beneficial to Spurs from a FFP point of view as well if they are not sailing close to the wind with there 21/22 accounts - as means on day 1 of 22/23 season they are +£20M on the books.  

With wage bill a lot less this coming season - we might be OK to spend on transfers a bit in 22/23 season. 

29 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

It would not surprise me to see Richy go for £60M (maybe £5-£10M more than Spurs really want to pay us) by 30th June and Winks come in for £20M (maybe £5-£10M more than we want to pay) on the 1st July - purely in order to help our 21/22 FFP. My guess is that would be beneficial to Spurs from a FFP point of view as well if they are not sailing close to the wind with there 21/22 accounts - as means on day 1 of 22/23 season they are +£20M on the books.  

With wage bill a lot less this coming season - we might be OK to spend on transfers a bit in 22/23 season. 

This is why how we spend the Richarlison money is a worry. We really should not be going near Harry fucking Winks. He’s not going to improve us, he’s really not. Have we not got any scouts in foreign countries? Have we got no imagination whatsoever? Fucks sake.

44 minutes ago, Btay said:

So pissed off at the board for this situation. Wish Richie nothing but the best, he carried us last year and should always be cheered when he comes back.

He certainly came on strong towards the end not just goals but attitude/desire. Wish he hadnt missed 6 games at the start or he had scored a few more before the burnley game (2 pens)

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

He certainly came on strong towards the end not just goals but attitude/desire. Wish he hadnt missed 6 games at the start or he had scored a few more before the burnley game (2 pens)

Attitude and desire has always been there for us. Can’t fault him for effort in any games. Deep down I hope we keep hold of him but I think it’s inevitable, just hope we get good money for him and for once invest it wisely…

Nosed around on some spurs forums. Some people saying he’s not needed and too much dough but the consensus is that though he won’t start every week he’s just what they need and his shithousery is much appreciated. Plus that they hated playing against him - always a higher compliment that.

29 minutes ago, badaids said:

Nosed around on some spurs forums. Some people saying he’s not needed and too much dough but the consensus is that though he won’t start every week he’s just what they need and his shithousery is much appreciated. Plus that they hated playing against him - always a higher compliment that.

Hopefully Pienaar all over again then :)