IGNORED

Richarlison

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’m absolutely fine with it and I wish him all the very best.

he was an absolute hero for us last year and arguably saved this club from extinction in his performances that prevented relegation- plus his sale has likely prevented a sanction that may result in a points deduction that could see us struggle again,

idiots on twitter wishing him ill need to remind themselves of what he has done for us. 

let’s go back a few years and compare him to that lazy oaf who needs to go to Italy again in order to get his quota of goals, we had a  game vs palace which put top 4 in our own hands, he was odds on for golden boot and he spent 90 minutes strolling round. Kane went and scored a hat trick  and a brace in the next couple of games…. Top 4 was gone but when it had gone and golden boot was no longer roms…. What did he do? Ran his arse off vs the gunners.   

One played for himself the other for the club, one I wish well, the other I can’t stand 

To be fair Lukaku bagged 25 for us that year in the league. Pretty good for a lazy oaf. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’m absolutely fine with it and I wish him all the very best.

he was an absolute hero for us last year and arguably saved this club from extinction in his performances that prevented relegation- plus his sale has likely prevented a sanction that may result in a points deduction that could see us struggle again,

idiots on twitter wishing him ill need to remind themselves of what he has done for us. 

let’s go back a few years and compare him to that lazy oaf who needs to go to Italy again in order to get his quota of goals, we had a  game vs palace which put top 4 in our own hands, he was odds on for golden boot and he spent 90 minutes strolling round. Kane went and scored a hat trick  and a brace in the next couple of games…. Top 4 was gone but when it had gone and golden boot was no longer roms…. What did he do? Ran his arse off vs the gunners.   

One played for himself the other for the club, one I wish well, the other I can’t stand 

@Hafnia I posted a (rather long) article in the Lukaku thread that you might enjoy reading. From The Athletic about everything that led to him leaving Chelsea and rejoining Inter. Good read regardless of how anyone feels about him, but does validate some of your personal sentiments.

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

Leave him be. Some people (fans) would rather date someone below (Straqualursi, Oviedo) them so long as that person treats them as a God (kisses the badge).

I get it. Easier to pull for a player you feel loves the club. It does make me shake my head a bit though. Like getting dumped by a beautiful ex only to declare that she wasn’t all that pretty anyways. With Richie here the feeling is that it’s our fault he left so there isn’t that pushback. Though I think he was always gone, barring Europe. 

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

£55m + £5m fee being reported. £2m to Watford. Despite the song lyrics, we paid £35m initially and I doubt many of the performance related add-ins were met!

It's only the press that didn't seem to know we didn't pay £50m for him, our song was mostly borne out of taking the piss out of that fact. We won't have hit many, if any, of the add-ons for him since he's been here.

I think £60m is fair for him tbh. We overpaid for him in the first place at £35m and they're overpaying at £55m (rising to £60m), so I'm quite happy with it all.

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's only the press that didn't seem to know we didn't pay £50m for him, our song was mostly borne out of taking the piss out of that fact. We won't have hit many, if any, of the add-ons for him since he's been here.

I think £60m is fair for him tbh. We overpaid for him in the first place at £35m and they're overpaying at £55m (rising to £60m), so I'm quite happy with it all.

spot on - £60M is probably in the top ten deals between Premiership clubs, and the most Spurs have every parted with. There will be very high expectations from Spurs fans from day one. Richy is used to a lot of love from the fans. 

Richy was a starting 11 payer with us. In a top 4 side he is starting 15 player - it will be interesting to see how he gets on being a player who isn't consistently on the pitch for 90min game in game out. We know he never likes to come off and wants to be the goal scorer. It will be interesting to see how this move pans out. 

5 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

To be fair Lukaku bagged 25 for us that year in the league. Pretty good for a lazy oaf. 

I think we analysed those 25 goals to death… they were worth more to him than they were to us. He put his flip flops on when we needed him to show up to get us top 4.    His 25 goals accounted for very few result changes.

4 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Leave him be. Some people (fans) would rather date someone below (Straqualursi, Oviedo) them so long as that person treats them as a God (kisses the badge).

Some fans look for the team and not individuals, and appreciate players who likewise focus on the team…. Which is why Richarlison is a legend and Lukaku isn’t. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Some fans look for the team and not individuals, and appreciate players who likewise focus on the team…. Which is why Richarlison is a legend and Lukaku isn’t. 

But this has little to do with production on the field. Lukaku was a hugely valuable player for us. His loss was massive and one can argue we have never filled that hole. Because he was more obvious about wanting to eventually leave for a bigger club people seem to dislike him. But is there really so much difference between him and Richie? They both gave us 4 years. Both stayed a year beyond what most people expected. Both wanted to leave for a European club. Lukaku was a more valuable player for us in my opinion. He just never loved the fans and the club the way Richie seemed to. But in the end they stayed the same amount of time and left for the same reason. 

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

But this has little to do with production on the field. Lukaku was a hugely valuable player for us. His loss was massive and one can argue we have never filled that hole. Because he was more obvious about wanting to eventually leave for a bigger club people seem to dislike him. But is there really so much difference between him and Richie? They both gave us 4 years. Both stayed a year beyond what most people expected. Both wanted to leave for a European club. Lukaku was a more valuable player for us in my opinion. He just never loved the fans and the club the way Richie seemed to. But in the end they stayed the same amount of time and left for the same reason. 

From my perspective Lukaku should be one of the best strikers the premier league has ever seen. And he’s not. He fits firmly into a group of players who flattered to deceive on the whole. Similar to his mate pogba, a complete waste of talent. 

1 month into his restart at Chelsea and people on here were in the Lukaku thread calling him the best striker in the world like proud fathers. I said he would soon start showing his true colours and he did.  Yeah his bank balance will look ridiculous, he could say he’s played for xyz, but really the only club who’s fans unanimously rate him are inter.

scored goals for us but was he the player you could look to when we were in the trenches? Not at all. Would he have been pulling trees up like Richarlison to help us survive? Playing on an injured groin? He was a flat track bully who targeted teams where he knew he could score…. Big games or big teams? Forget it. 

he has justified pretty much everything I said about him. Piss poor character. 

It was kind of inevitable really, so at least this 30 June deadline imposed by FFP means this business has been done in good time and Frank and Thelwell will have a much better idea where they are with funding now.

It's shit having to sell your best players, but its up to others to really step up now.

I wish him luck, as he is a very likable fella.

42 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

The mods don't hang around moving threads of departed players...wow!

I went to post in it and couldn’t believe the efficiency of the clean out in here! I thought they could have let us dwell for at least 24hrs! Today though the disappointment has gone and I’m more angry at the total mismanagement of our club in the last 7 years that’s led to this and the fact we are now so far behind Spurs when for the majority of my life we’ve had parity or been better. 

I’m going to miss him, he brought a lot to the team, especially in this last closing of the campaign, without him I think we would have dropped. 
I understand his ambition to play for a better team and in Europe, I’m not sure he has chosen the right team though, time will tell of course.

It still seems that he’s been sold cheap for Brazil’s no 9, even if it is Spurs biggest fee paid for a PL player, would they sell Kane for same amount ?

Fantastic attitude this season, maybe in part because we were generous in allowing him to play for Brazil and miss a few games for us. His stupid diving stopped this year, and what a difference. He gave his heart and soul for Everton. I always had the feeling, though, that he should be scoring more. He doesn't have that killer instinct of a Kane or Salah and tries to make up for it with enthusiasm. We need the killed instinct in front of goal.

60m is a fair fee, although I hate that others took advantage of our need to sell by June 30. No-one should ever put themselves at such a negotiating disadvantage. It probably cost us about 10m. As others have said, let's spend this money wisely. We have the chance to build a strong young team, so let's go for it.

Thank you Richarlison. This season, you were an Everton great and won't be forgotten for some time.

By far the best player at the club, he’s going to leave a huge void to fill, we currently have no one who comes close to filling that void so will be interesting see who Lampard sees as his replacement. With reluctance I wish him well and respect him as a person, he stayed a season longer than he needed to and gave 110% every game he played, he’s a born winner and we couldn’t match his ambition. We will never be pushing to be serious contenders for top  6 or above no team who can’t keep their better  players can be taken as serious contender, I hate the fact we can’t have nice things and I’m truly gutted and deflated he’s gone, worse thing to happen to us for a few years this will impact on us massively next season we haven’t kicked a ball and I’m dreading it already. 

Good luck to him remaining a starter for Brazil like, he's really going to need it because I don't see him getting a hell of a lot of minutes there.

Could see things turning sour very quickly for him there. He's bad enough when he gets subbed off, imagine what he'll be like not even getting on the pitch in the first place :lol:.

On 03/07/2022 at 19:43, Romey 1878 said:

Good luck to him remaining a starter for Brazil like, he's really going to need it because I don't see him getting a hell of a lot of minutes there.

Could see things turning sour very quickly for him there. He's bad enough when he gets subbed off, imagine what he'll be like not even getting on the pitch in the first place :lol:.

With the 5 subs rule I don’t think being in the starting XI is even important anymore