IGNORED

Richarlison

9 minutes ago, RPG said:

Let's hope that we now spend the money we are allowed to spend, wisely.

and this is key to me. I hope we go full on to try and get Gallagher to the club - he looks to be a player you could build a team around over three or four transfer windows. Even if Chelsea have some sort of first refusal to buy back clause (at a profit for us) is given to Cheslea. If he is a massive success he will want to move on in any case and he is Chelsea through and through - but we need to get him first. 

Have to make the most use of Lampards links with Cheslea (while there are still people he has worked with left at Chelsea)

35 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Disgusting.

Daniel Levy in a nutshell.   I can only imagine that Antonio Conte lost his shit with him.  Yes, you want a smart operator who looks after pounds and pence.   You do not want someone who has a potential for ruining deals because they piss people off. Conte will fall out with him because he wants players in that he values and doesn’t want some cheap bartering idiot ruining his project. 

He squeaks when he walks levy and it’s down to him that poch never had the support to build on a side he took to champs league final. 

If we take Digne sale as a example and what happened in January - Digne's sale (of around £25M) seemed to allow us to  spend similar amount on Patterson and Mykolenko. Instant cash injection of a sale in this financial year allows us to spend the same (or similar) amount - but spread over upcoming 4-5 seasons.   

Lets have our fingers crossed that after existing liabilities cover, there is £40M or so to spend on transfers.

We missed out big time last season as we struggles to have funds available until James eventually moved on. This sale early in the transfer window seems to just, if not more, important than extracting the very top dollar fee on 31st August. We have potentially bought 2month to help develop Frank's squad. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Disgusting.

Daniel Levy in a nutshell.   I can only imagine that Antonio Conte lost his shit with him.  Yes, you want a smart operator who looks after pounds and pence.   You do not want someone who has a potential for ruining deals because they piss people off. Conte will fall out with him because he wants players in that he values and doesn’t want some cheap bartering idiot ruining his project. 

He squeaks when he walks levy and it’s down to him that poch never had the support to build on a side he took to champs league final. 

I have just read that if this is a £60m deal then it will be Spur's biggest ever fee paid.

7 minutes ago, Formby said:

£60 million, if true, is a decent return. Our fault we couldn't keep him. Still slightly surprised he went to Spurs, though. They're a step up from where we are, but nowhere near City / LIverpool. It's hardly a guaranteed silverware move. 

Champions league and a team battling the top 4.

We might feel like Spurs aren't that far off from us but sadly they've been hitting the top 6 and top 4 regularly for the last 10 or so years.

7 times in the top 4 in the last 13 years, once finishing runners up and only outside the top 6 once.

They've also been runners up in the Champions League.

Admittedly there ability to win trophies is almost as bad as ours but if you were picking a team to play for right now they'd rate a lot better than us.

For him it's probably a good move over some "bigger" clubs as he's likely to get more game time.  Combining with Son and Kane gives them a very dangerous front 3

53 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

If we take Digne sale as a example and what happened in January - Digne's sale (of around £25M) seemed to allow us to  spend similar amount on Patterson and Mykolenko. Instant cash injection of a sale in this financial year allows us to spend the same (or similar) amount - but spread over upcoming 4-5 seasons.   

Lets have our fingers crossed that after existing liabilities cover, there is £40M or so to spend on transfers.

We missed out big time last season as we struggles to have funds available until James eventually moved on. This sale early in the transfer window seems to just, if not more, important than extracting the very top dollar fee on 31st August. We have potentially bought 2month to help develop Frank's squad. 

We will be in for Ade Akinfenwa to replace him

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

And 5m to Wartford for the sell on clause, it a poor deal this one we are getting less than what we paid for him.  Panic setting in already.

We don’t know the terms we had for the extra money over 35m. Also, as it’s been mentioned in other threads - I assume his book cost would be relatively low now ( not an accountant though ). I would say he has paid us back 35 mil in marketing & what he has given the team however. 

The biggest thing is what we do with the money we get from him. If we can get 3 first team players that make the team better it’s a good deal. Hypothetically speaking and in a fantasy world if we sign Gallagher, Dennis ( or similar ) & Erickson we are much, much stronger team than with Richarlison.

29 minutes ago, Btay said:

We don’t know the terms we had for the extra money over 35m. Also, as it’s been mentioned in other threads - I assume his book cost would be relatively low now ( not an accountant though ). I would say he has paid us back 35 mil in marketing & what he has given the team however. 

The biggest thing is what we do with the money we get from him. If we can get 3 first team players that make the team better it’s a good deal. Hypothetically speaking and in a fantasy world if we sign Gallagher, Dennis ( or similar ) & Erickson we are much, much stronger team than with Richarlison.

His book value is approx. £10M

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

And 5m to Wartford for the sell on clause, it a poor deal this one we are getting less than what we paid for him.  Panic setting in already.

Its 10% of any profit made when selling on - so maybe £1m -£1.5m of £50M (if we paid between £35 and £40M and addition £1m if Spur fee goes up to £60M.

We are not getting less than we paid for him.

His original £40M fee is now 4/5 written off (as 4 year in on his original 5 year contract at point of purchase). So on our 21/22 balance sheet it will look like around +£35-40M coming in. Tomorrow is an new financial year.

What is really interesting is that the profit made on Richarlison will have roughly covered the wages paid over the past 4 years. 

This has to be the perfect model - buy quality 20-22 year olds who are paid sensible wages in the knowledge that you will be PLANNING to sell some of them in 4-5 years. The net spend of us having Richarlison on the pitch this past four year will essentially be nothing.

I am hoping this is now what we are seeing with the latest editions of Patterson and Mykolenko. It will take 3-4 windows, but it looks like it might be the route we are now finally taking.  

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

What is really interesting is that the profit made on Richarlison will have roughly covered the wages paid over the past 4 years. 

This has to be the perfect model - buy quality 20-22 year olds who are paid sensible wages in the knowledge that you will be PLANNING to sell some of them in 4-5 years. The net spend of us having Richarlison on the pitch this past four year will essentially be nothing.

I am hoping this is now what we are seeing with the latest editions of Patterson and Mykolenko. It will take 3-4 windows, but it looks like it might be the route we are now finally taking.  

We still payed well over the odds for him.  Yes it was worth it but it was a huge risk.  

the financial management was a joke “don’t care it’s not my money” wax often the shout.   If only we knew the consequences eh. 

6 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I would hope we only sell if we need too or get a silly offer. Those 2 in particular could have 10 year careers here which would be an absolute bargain 

27 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

His book value is approx. £10M

25 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Its 10% of any profit made when selling on - so maybe £1m -£1.5m of £50M (if we paid between £35 and £40M and addition £1m if Spur fee goes up to £60M.

We are not getting less than we paid for him.

His original £40M fee is now 4/5 written off (as 4 year in on his original 5 year contract at point of purchase). So on our 21/22 balance sheet it will look like around +£35-40M coming in. Tomorrow is an new financial year.

Love your work here boys!

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

We still payed well over the odds for him.  Yes it was worth it but it was a huge risk.  

the financial management was a joke “don’t care it’s not my money” wax often the shout.   If only we knew the consequences eh. 

Every transfer is a risk, but it was always destined to be a much better purchase than the likes of Walcott, Gylfi, etc - the list is endless of older players being paid to much.

I am talking about paying to buy quality youth over 'not quite top 6 players' in their prime and at top dollar.

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

I would hope we only sell if we need too or get a silly offer. Those 2 in particular could have 10 year careers here which would be an absolute bargain 

That's easy for those teams who regular play in Europe and have the finances to do that - we are further from that than at anytime since the Premier league started!!

If this last 5years has shown us anything is that we have to maximize the realistic revenue stream open to us. Continually, developing and selling players for decent profits to then reinvest in quality youth is one way we can do this. 

The club have gambled on 'getting in to Europe' as a potential revenue stream and its has bit us on the arse big time. 

If we can get to being competitive and keeping player then great, but lets get competitive first. 

12 minutes ago, badaids said:

Absolutely gutted to see him in that shirt to be honest.

I’m absolutely fine with it and I wish him all the very best.

he was an absolute hero for us last year and arguably saved this club from extinction in his performances that prevented relegation- plus his sale has likely prevented a sanction that may result in a points deduction that could see us struggle again,

idiots on twitter wishing him ill need to remind themselves of what he has done for us. 

let’s go back a few years and compare him to that lazy oaf who needs to go to Italy again in order to get his quota of goals, we had a  game vs palace which put top 4 in our own hands, he was odds on for golden boot and he spent 90 minutes strolling round. Kane went and scored a hat trick  and a brace in the next couple of games…. Top 4 was gone but when it had gone and golden boot was no longer roms…. What did he do? Ran his arse off vs the gunners.   

One played for himself the other for the club, one I wish well, the other I can’t stand