IGNORED

Stoke (Away) Saturday March 17th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Matt said:

We won, and i honestly don’t give a shit

Whereas I'm over the moon. Great win, keeps us in with a chance of Europe. Really happy for Tosun too, these goals will do his confidence going into next season the world of good. He'll know now that he's more than good enough for the Premier League. 

Not pretty. But we won. Away. We won...away!!!

We need to build on this. 3 points off 7th and only 8 points off 6th (ok...too far!).

Pretty unimpressed with Gana and Bolasie today but the rest did their usual.

It feels like an accidental win as we never really looked like we were meant to win! Even in the subs department, we held back. Should have been so much better.

Absolutely made up for Cenk. Even in the 93rd minute he was chasing like he'd only just come on.

16 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Whereas I'm over the moon. Great win, keeps us in with a chance of Europe. Really happy for Tosun too, these goals will do his confidence going into next season the world of good. He'll know now that he's more than good enough for the Premier League. 

I wish I could be, but we got lucky. At Stoke. 60 minutes against 10 men. 

The away form has been so terrible this season that I'm very happy with that. Cenk is quickly becoming one of my favorites; he was chasing in the 90th as if it were the 1st. Gana looked a bit rusty and Pickford should have been more aggressive on the goal. But other than that, well done!

A couple thoughts:

Gana didn't look great at the beginning of the second half, but neither did anyone else. In the first half, he was getting forward more than anyone else and playing a few tricky through balls to Walcott on the wing. I saw the two bad giveaways in the second half, and he did look a bit off it for about 20 minutes, but I think he was one of the better performers today and the only midfielder who offered anything going forward.

As evidence of that, fucking Michael Keane had the second longest completed dribble for us (after Gana), and took the most cracking shot on goal outside of the two that went in.

Lastly, my girlfriend dragged me out of bed on a few hours sleep to watch the game at Mr. Dennehy's in the Village for its last Everton match ever, and I'm glad she did. Fourteen years as THE Everton bar in NYC, and as such, probably the best place to catch an Everton match in the states. I'll miss you Mr. Dennehy's. Not the best send off ever, but I'll take it.

6 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

A couple thoughts:

Gana didn't look great at the beginning of the second half, but neither did anyone else. In the first half, he was getting forward more than anyone else and playing a few tricky through balls to Walcott on the wing. I saw the two bad giveaways in the second half, and he did look a bit off it for about 20 minutes, but I think he was one of the better performers today and the only midfielder who offered anything going forward.

As evidence of that, fucking Michael Keane had the second longest completed dribble for us (after Gana), and took the most cracking shot on goal outside of the two that went in.

Lastly, my girlfriend dragged me out of bed on a few hours sleep to watch the game at Mr. Dennehy's in the Village for its last Everton match ever, and I'm glad she did. Fourteen years as THE Everton bar in NYC, and as such, probably the best place to catch an Everton match in the states. I'll miss you Mr. Dennehy's. Not the best send off ever, but I'll take it.

Sad day mate gutted for you guys.

Watched the replay.

sending off was 100% correct. Feet off the ground studs first.... can’t believe commentators get paid. Adams knew it to give him some credit and just walked.

They had a 15 minute period where they scored and had a bit off possession. But they didn’t create anything to win.

Sinple fact is that we were wasteful with our chances and scored two. We even gave away a very simple goal to defend.