IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

Not sure if another layer of confusion is what we need, though he has an impressive track record nonetheless. Though, if Walsh's true talent lies as a scout, that's different than being more of an overseer and negotiator and also someone who can implement a philosophy across an organization.

3 hours ago, Lowensda said:

Pick players that everyone is well aware of and pays stupid money for them. 

Its not even like we are picking players up who may be well know but will fit into our system well. We are literally plucking names out of a hat and then trying to squeeze them all into the same side.

1 hour ago, DownUnderToff said:

Can't see Rangnick leaving either unfortunately.  Would be curious who the other on the "shortlist of two" is.  Brands is, apparently, amongst the best of the rest, just think those 2 are clear standouts.

Weren't we after him to be our manager? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not thrilled about him , but if we are to sign him, it should come before the end of the season or at least before we bring in a new manager. The new DoF should have a say in hiring the next manager given the intertwined relationship of the two positions.

I'll point out that Koeman was brought in before Walsh, forcing a working relationship.

I can see Walsh and Shakespeare ending up at WBA if this is true. Shakespeare hasn’t relocated since joining us (the same house he’s had since being a WBA player) - his house was on the market when manager of Leicester but he took it off and is still there currrently.

i'm cautiously optimistic.  He has done the job for a long time so he actually knows what he's doing (unlike Walsh).  the style of play has been an attacking 433.  he's found some nice players there and sold them on for a big profit.  not saying he will be DOF of the year, just think he is better than what we have and could help stabilize the terrible spending (hopefully)

51 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Just doing some reading around and have seen that Fabra was a target at PSV as recently as February and Ozzie (the Turkish lad) was at AZ during Brands’ reign as DoF there.

Could be preempted and further along than we know or I'm just pissing in the wind in hope that this current lot fuck off