IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

When we knew we were having a baby we knew we had to move out of our 1 and a 1/2 bed flat in Islington, which I loved as it was so practical and in a great location. Our landlord is a real gent, we had lived there for 11 years and never had a rent increase, but to buy that flat would cost over £600,000, impossible for 2 public sector workers.

Moving to Essex 40 miles from London we could afford a 3 bed new build house with "help to buy". House prices are crazy in the UK.

As a trained economist I could bore you to tears with the reasons why (as I have done to my wife, family and friends since we started house hunting!!) but I will save you that.

Used help to buy twice, my families life would be very different without it. 

mark, I drive an hour and a half to work, and it’s only 24 miles. 

52 minutes ago, StevO said:

Used help to buy twice, my families life would be very different without it. 

mark, I drive an hour and a half to work, and it’s only 24 miles. 

Its a great scheme, glad it helped you. Commute for me is 1/5 hours not to bad.

The one thing I discovered when buying a house is its all about making a compromises.

37 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Its a great scheme, glad it helped you. Commute for me is 1/5 hours not to bad.

The one thing I discovered when buying a house is its all about making a compromises.

We did a lot of compromise with the first one, the second one we moved in with my parents for nine months, saved loads of cash, and went a bit crazy! The sales woman must have made a killing on selling additional options. 

A couple of my mates have used help to buy since we have, where I live it’s all new builds and there are loads of people who have used it. 

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

WOW, isn't there good public transit over there you can take?

I’m not a morning person, if I had to deal with the public of a morning there would be trouble. I could get to work in 45 minutes on the train, but my job comes with a nice car. I work for a car manufacturer so I have to have my car in work every day, so public transport isn’t really an option. 

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m not a morning person, if I had to deal with the public of a morning there would be trouble. I could get to work in 45 minutes on the train, but my job comes with a nice car. I work for a car manufacturer so I have to have my car in work every day, so public transport isn’t really an option. 

okay i understand!

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

The sales woman must have made a killing on selling additional options

I’ve only ever bought one new build to live in and even turf in the rear garden was an extra, without wishing to sound a tight fucker I didn’t buy a single extra, besides not having the money I decided that if I had opted for this and that it would have to go onto the mortgage, and I wasn’t prepared to pay for my lawn or downlighting in the kitchen for 25 years on a mortgage, in the long run it would have been cheaper to carpet the rear garden. 

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve only ever bought one new build to live in and even turf in the rear garden was an extra, without wishing to sound a tight fucker I didn’t buy a single extra, besides not having the money I decided that if I had opted for this and that it would have to go onto the mortgage, and I wasn’t prepared to pay for my lawn or downlighting in the kitchen for 25 years on a mortgage, in the long run it would have been cheaper to carpet the rear garden. 

We couldn’t add any extras onto the mortgage, no banks will let that go anymore. Ended up saving £12,000 to use on all that stuff, made life much easier than when we moved into a house with concrete floors.

We were offered turf for free, but I turned it down because I wanted to landscape and use artificial turf. Two years later I’m still working on it 😂

For every freebie taken from the builder we had to give the bank more deposit, about 35% of the value of the free stuff I think. They gave us an equivalent of around £6,000 free, so last minute I’m asking my parents for £2,000 to keep the bank happy. It was worth it though. 

Bill Kenwright probably tried to get destination Kirkby on help to buy!

55 minutes ago, StevO said:

We couldn’t add any extras onto the mortgage, no banks will let that go anymore. Ended up saving £12,000 to use on all that stuff, made life much easier than when we moved into a house with concrete floors.

We were offered turf for free, but I turned it down because I wanted to landscape and use artificial turf. Two years later I’m still working on it 😂

For every freebie taken from the builder we had to give the bank more deposit, about 35% of the value of the free stuff I think. They gave us an equivalent of around £6,000 free, so last minute I’m asking my parents for £2,000 to keep the bank happy. It was worth it though. 

Bill Kenwright probably tried to get destination Kirkby on help to buy!

Pleased for you mate you are obviously very happy with the way things have paned out, and you can’t ask for more than that👌.

I wonder if Bill tried the bank of mum and dad when he was looking at Kirkby

13 hours ago, London Blue said:

When we knew we were having a baby we knew we had to move out of our 1 and a 1/2 bed flat in Islington, which I loved as it was so practical and in a great location. Our landlord is a real gent, we had lived there for 11 years and never had a rent increase, but to buy that flat would cost over £600,000, impossible for 2 public sector workers.

Moving to Essex 40 miles from London we could afford a 3 bed new build house with "help to buy". House prices are crazy in the UK.

As a trained economist I could bore you to tears with the reasons why (as I have done to my wife, family and friends since we started house hunting!!) but I will save you that.

I’m originally from Essex. Loved it there! 

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

seems strange mike, i thought you lived in a very rural area, wouldn't the home values in Devon be cheap because it's so far removed from the bigger cities which yield the higher property rates?  that's how it work in america, the further out of the city the cheaper it is.

Interesting area down this way, said to be the "fourth most expensive place in the world to buy property, behind London, Manhattan and Tokyo."

https://www.rlf.co.uk/expensive-plot-land-britain/

Apparently the Redknapps, jr and snr, both live there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sandbanks,+Poole/@50.686143,-1.9534586,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4873a0cd3c35f8fb:0xbe75e400ab3f7408!8m2!3d50.6878939!4d-1.9408637

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Pleased for you mate you are obviously very happy with the way things have paned out, and you can’t ask for more than that👌.

I wonder if Bill tried the bank of mum and dad when he was looking at Kirkby

Happy that I got the house I wanted, not happy that my garden is still a building site and I’ll still be working on it when BMD is open! 

Bill tried the bank of Tesco instead. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Interesting area down this way, said to be the "fourth most expensive place in the world to buy property, behind London, Manhattan and Tokyo."

https://www.rlf.co.uk/expensive-plot-land-britain/

Apparently the Redknapps, jr and snr, both live there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sandbanks,+Poole/@50.686143,-1.9534586,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4873a0cd3c35f8fb:0xbe75e400ab3f7408!8m2!3d50.6878939!4d-1.9408637

You live in Sandbanks Mike? I knew you were fancy, but didn’t realise you were that fancy!!

1 hour ago, barryj said:

I’m originally from Essex. Loved it there! 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Southend supporter then 😉

Born in Middlesex; had no idea until I just looked it up that Tottenham was actually in Middx when I was born.....I've been supporting the wrong team for more than fifty years and I already have a new stadium😂

José Mourinho:COYBs[1]:

:majoroverreactionalert:

Capture.JPG

On 17/01/2020 at 21:08, Palfy said:

I bought my first house from the council in 1985 for £16,500 moved 4 times since then, the house I currently live in is valued at £900k 6 bedrooms with a 2.5 acre lake stocked with Carp Tench and skimmers, and I don’t even fish. 
But as London has highlighted prices in the smoke are off the scale. 

Fuckin hell Palf, drop that one in gently. Pure animal.

By the way, I've always loved you. And if you want, as I've done for my Dad - to keep it away from the nasty female side of the family- I'll more than happily look after your will.

6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

By the way, I've always loved you. And if you want, as I've done for my Dad - to keep it away from the nasty female side of the family- I'll more than happily look after your will.

😂

On 19/01/2020 at 00:39, Newty82 said:

I’d be happy just having a fish in his lake.