IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Monday April 23rd

markjazzbassist

I used to think I only cared about the result. Seems like I was wrong. I honestly couldn't care that we won that piece of shit. 

By the way, interested to know why several have picked out Davies for criticism? I'm far from Schneiderlin's biggest fan but I admit he played well today, but it's all defensive. I thought when Davies came on we looked much more like creating something through the middle, he linked up well with Rooney a few times and looked to be positive. Funny how we all see it different I suppose. 

I must admit I am surprised by some comments in here. I feel like I have watched a different game to some.

The bright spots were more or less limited to Schneiderlin, Jags and Coleman. Schneiderlin in fairness had an easy time of it and I think that is why he looked back to his best. He didn't really have anyone causing him a problem in the hole and he was only ever 1 v 1 but you cant ask for any more than he did. He had loads of time to play the ball forward and he did it well. When he needed to make a tackle or block he did. Jags wasn't perfect, he took a chance with one poor touch but otherwise he was aggressive, he nicked the ball off the opposition, he battled away with them all game. Coleman as well gets a mention because he worked his nuts off all game but that final header was quality. That's as good as scoring a goal at the other end.

Now to the poor... Bolasie, he probably passed the ball more to the ball boy than he did an Everton player. He just doesn't have the bit between his ears to be a decent PL player. Why you have DCL lined up on the bench to replace him is beyond me as well. Just put a fucking winger on the bench because no-one can put up with watching Bolasie attempt to play football for 90 minutes without succumbing to the urge to sub him off for the closer player to you.

Keane was also a fucking idiot. He wasn't all bad, he did make a couple of good challenges, especially the one to clear up from Jags but he took silly chances when he should have just been booting into the stands, he could have conceivably been sent off with his challenge on Gayle as he was the last man, he lost his man at least a couple of time from corners and he was bullied at times by Gayle and Slimani. Jags is smaller and older yet he is the one bullying when it should be Keane.

Rooney my as well not have been on the pitch? He made a couple of defensive headers when he was too tired to push out but did he actually add anything? The same can be said of Davies when he came on.

Gueye for me as also poor. Defending in our half he did well but his passing, touches etc in the third were terrible. On at least 2 occasions we should have had shots on goal but he fucked up a simple ball. I can forgive that though, as he is human and that isn't his game but what pissed me off most about those moments is that despite being the fittest and probably one of the quickest, when Newcastle were breaking down the other end, he was still stood were he fucked it up watching his teammates instead of trying to get back involved.

The rest all had a go, Pickford was very solid, Baines did his thing and Cenk worked his nuts off. Walcott didn't really impress me, he lacked quality and even for his goal he took a terrible touch and the keeper will be disappointed that he didn't save it because it was right above his head. It was probably just because he was so close to goal.

Overall we just look clueless. We had 3 chances maybe all game. Two came from bungled clearances that broke to our players and the other was a knockdown from one CB to another. We got away with it just because Newcastle had no quality up front. Diame bossed the midfield for them and if there is one position we need this summer it is a strong, physical dominating defensive midfielder who can preferably play too.

The worst thing about this all, is that twat of a manager of ours suggesting that we only care when he loses. That was fucking garbage, live on TV to the fucking world. Apparently we also controlled the game because we had lots of the ball. We had no such control, Newcastle were happy to sit back and let us have it because they knew we would do fuck all with it. That isn't controlling the game, especially not with just 1 shot on target. Just spend 5 minutes listening to Bobby talk about Everton on MNF , learn and try and show some humility for once and stop patronising the fans that are probably spending more than they can really afford to watch that shite.

"What was wrong with our style? You can't knock our football. You can knock some of our passing that went astray, but you can't knock me for that. I don't pass the ball. Apart from the last 10 minutes we dominated the game and there was only going to be one winner. I think eighth in the league compared to fifth from bottom tells you we're getting the players better. We've moved up the league one place again, so we're on the right track and moving in the right direction."

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Can I have the number of your dealer nogs?

Like I say, we see different things. With Schneiderlin and Gana on the pitch, we have two midfielders who prefer to sit deep, it usually means Gana trying to get further. I'm willing to bet Davies had more touches in Toon's final third than either of the aforementioned, which is what you want from your midfielders if you're ever going to carry a threat. Yes he gave the ball away cheaply several times, but Rooney, Bolasie and Gana did that all game. 

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Someone at work mentioned something. I wonder if Sam has a deal with the board that a top 8 or top 7 finish secures him another year or at least a big pay off if he is released.

Realistically 7th place is where we are at. Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are all above us in quality. We have to hope that a couple of those teams have a bad season whilst we have a blinder and capitalise on their failings.

I'm not defending Sam now, even though I backed him on his signing, but it seems he has done the job he has been paid to do.

Three successive managers have failed to get this team to perform consistently. How much of it is down to Allardyce, I assume quite a bit, and how much of it is down to the players just not being up to it.

Not really.... Allardyce has had the best of it.  Koeman and unsworth had no recognised full backs.... Allardyce had them back.... then bolassie, then near £50m spent on Walcott and tosun.

Considering everything.... He hasn't improved us. He has to go.

For arguments sake - he has done what we needed him to do. He can go now. 

Allardyce quoted in Telegraph Sport today.    'What was wrong with our style today? We completely dominated the game, outpassed the opposition and found it difficult to break them  down because of their negative tactics.'

I didn't see the game but the  above seems at odds with various reports I have read.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

Allardyce quoted in Telegraph Sport today.    'What was wrong with our style today? We completely dominated the game, outpassed the opposition and found it difficult to break them  down because of their negative tactics.'

I didn't see the game but the  above seems at odds with various reports I have read.

Absolute fookin nonsense.  We played a piss poor Newcastle. Probably edged it. They nearly scored at the end. Shot game. 

6 hours ago, johnh said:

We did doninate the game. We had enough opportunities to score more. Not so much efforts on target, but more chances we should have done much much better with.

Newcastle never really threatened us other than at the end. They are on form, but didn’t have enough to trouble us.

As usual, we went 1-0 up and instead of trying to put the game to bed, we sat on it. It could have easily bit us in the ass at the end.

11 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I'll give credit where it is due, Bolasie put a blinding cross in for the Walcott goal, but over the season he has been a flop. He doesn't look interested and he doesn't look like he is on board with the rest of the team.

He, like Rooney, is guilty of giving the ball away far too easily. Either a sloppy pass or just running it into trouble, it isn'tt good enough.

Davies is another who makes these mistakes over and over but I'll forgive him on virtue of his age. Davies and DCL should ideally both be on loan somewhere on the continent. 

Bolasie's cross was overhit and only got to Walcott because Yedlin misjudged it!

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

We did doninate the game. We had enough opportunities to score more. Not so much efforts on target, but more chances we should have done much much better with.

Newcastle never really threatened us other than at the end. They are on form, but didn’t have enough to trouble us.

As usual, we went 1-0 up and instead of trying to put the game to bed, we sat on it. It could have easily bit us in the ass at the end.

I remember us having 3 chances, two from them messing up clearances, but even so 3 good chances.

They had 2 from my memory, the 1 v 1 and the Gayle chance. My overall impression was that they messed up plenty of opportunities to slice us open, whereas I dont think we really threatened other than the 3 chances I remember. That's obviously opinion though and Im sure plenty others have a different view.