IGNORED

Eddie Howe (Manager)

8 minutes ago, CobblestoneBoulevard said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/25/bournemouths-eddie-howe-emerges-as-new-second-favourite-to-be-Everton/

In terms of young, modern managers, I find the idea of Howe managing Everton more comforting than Silva...thoughts? 

I don't, Silva has been successful at clubs and won silverware. 

I like Eddie How but just don't think he would cut it here as a manager.

his 2 main weaknesses for me are defense and transfers.  the transfers would be taken care of by brands so really the only issue is defense.  if he's willing to have a defensive coach to help on that side i'm all for it.

BUT, i don't see him leaving bournemouth, especially after his wife hated the north in that burnley spell.  he's a legend there, it would be tough to leave.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

his 2 main weaknesses for me are defense and transfers.  the transfers would be taken care of by brands so really the only issue is defense.  if he's willing to have a defensive coach to help on that side i'm all for it.

BUT, i don't see him leaving bournemouth, especially after his wife hated the north in that burnley spell.  he's a legend there, it would be tough to leave.

Unless he's sacked. Then he's not going to further his career if he's going to be picky about where he lives. Will severely limit his options.

Not saying that I give credence to his being linked with us btw.

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

With Howe its the same problem as Dyche. Will he be able to replicate his success at another club with much greater expectations? 

I'd like to see him given a go, but not necessarily with us. 

This is it for me 

I give both credit especially Dyche with the resources they've had at their disposal but I can see both having very similar careers to Moyes 

Do well/relatively well for a lengthy period then the drop off kicks in then it all goes tits up and downhill elsewhere 

Definitely a no from me on Howe he's a mid table manager at best 

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Unless he's sacked. Then he's not going to further his career if he's going to be picky about where he lives. Will severely limit his options.

Not saying that I give credence to his being linked with us btw.

they will never sack him unless he brings them back to where they started, league 4 or whatever.  he is a legend there, they will build a statue of the man, vault me.  he brought them from nothing to the premier league and has kept them there without severe relegation battles.  they have a tiny stadium and finances are tight (although they have gotten more investors).  the minute he leaves for everton they are getting relegated.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/10/06/tactical-philosophy-eddie-howe/

In reading through a “rough” description of his leadership style and tactic preference, Howe’s managerial approach seems to positively highlight what many fans see as “what’s wrong with Everton these days”. Possession-friendly and pacey offensive front-foot; technically-gifted and one-on-one confident wingers with supportive fullbacks; aggressive striker support both centrally and wide; healthy work ethics in the midfield to play quality football at both ends of the pitch; and a cohesive and ball playing defensive line (albeit with a less-than-stellar goals scored against record in the PL)...all tightly wrapped together with an extraordinary sense of team comradery and chemistry. 

Sure his reputation is staked on a short period of success with a small club, but that success is in a tough English football upbringing and demonstrates commitment to see through to the top both deservedly and with confortable class. 

Frankly, Howe deserves an opportunity to be more than just a mid-table manager and Everton are hungry to prove they they shouldn’t be considered a mid-table club with ambitions too lofty to meet. 

Between Brands, Howe, and a well-rounded managerial staff, I think we can place ourselves in a 2-3 year reach of CL football (oh and with quite a bit of stupid faith and dumb luck haha). 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

is the weather really that much better in the south?  seriously, is it noticeably warmer/sunnier?  or is it a misconception.  asking for eddie.

I have lived in Wigan, Birmingham and Portsmouth and for weather, give me Pompey every time! 

I barely saw the sun in Birmingham and I was there for 3 years!

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

is the weather really that much better in the south?  seriously, is it noticeably warmer/sunnier?  or is it a misconception.  asking for eddie.

I moved south from Leeds in 1969 and I remember noticing the difference immediately.  Several degrees warmer.  Took my long john's off in the second week and that was in July.😊

21 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

I haven't been to "UK Isle," but 900 miles makes a difference in temp. :)

He not changing from managing Lands End to John O’Groats. 

Its just under 300 miles from Bournemouth to Burnley. Maybe a little wetter and colder, but then again he maybe a southern softy like me! 

5 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

There's a considerable difference even going from Cornwall to England. Bodmin Moor rarely gets snow, whereas it's quite common to see snow on Dartmoor. You'll see palm trees in some Cornish gardens but rarely in England. Even a few miles can make a difference.

My daughter used to live in High Wycombe, 8 miles from us in Maidenhead (though all uphill and a lot higher).  We often used to get phone calls to ask us how we were managing with the snow.   'No snow here, its dry' we used to say and were told there was 3 inches of snow in High Wycombe.  It happened in reverse too.

strange, it's like you have all the differences in weather as the US, but shrunk down in size to your little island.  we have those differences here but it's hundreds of miles to weather change.  ie the biggest city below cleveland is columbus, they have slightly more temperate weather, less snow, more sunshine, about 120 miles south of us.