IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday August 25th

markjazzbassist

Just watched MOTD. Standard of refereeing in the PL is a disgrace. By letter of law Richarlison is  red but if he'd put his hand on his chest and made that kind of movement, no one would even have noticed it. A good ref tells them both to stop being pricks and gets on with the game. 

Smith's was never a red, penalty against Baines was soft at best Wilson cons a ref he knows is not up to it, and we had two clear pens not given. It's all very well banging on about respect for the ref but the standard is so below what it should be it's hard to have respect for them. Wouldn't be tolerated in any other sport. 

34 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Poor decision from the Silva, didn't even have an option on the bench for CM/DM. Soon after we went two nil up we were under the cosh and could have done with some fresh legs on. Annoyingly I think we'd be on 9 points had Baines been subbed around the 70 minute in both games we've had 10 men. Not blaming him, but the manager should recognise his age and against 10 men he's gonna struggle. Tbf to the manager last season we'd not have even took the lead after going down to 10 men to allow for a little moan for not winning. 

Who would the option have been? 

19 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Was a total 50/50 for me, if Richarlison had gone down clutching his head Smith would've been sent off.

If you see the Cardiff Huddersfield game, Arter gets a yellow for sticking his head against Hogg, Hogg gets a red for aggressively shoving Arter to the ground. There's no consistency or common sense in refereeing, Hogg's was clear violent conduct, Richarlison's wasn't. 

45 minutes ago, nogs said:

Who would the option have been? 

Digne, Zouma, Baningime, or Besic had he not been sent out on loan. Was it Charsely who done well in the Europa last season as well. 

You could see their first coming and the second, Marco hesitated with the subs. After their red we should've slowed down the game. For me Baines and Tosun being the most gassed should have come off. 

27 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Digne, Zouma, Baningime, or Besic had he not been sent out on loan. Was it Charsely who done well in the Europa last season as well. 

You could see their first coming and the second, Marco hesitated with the subs. After their red we should've slowed down the game. For me Baines and Tosun being the most gassed should have come off. 

We should have slowed the game down by keeping possession through simple passing but we panicked and went into the sort of meltdown that we witnessed in the Martinez era, Silva needs to have plan B for closing the game down.

It also shows how fragile our squad is at the moment one or two injuries and a couple reds, coupled with signings that are injured or not match fit and we find ourselves struggling to make telling changes when needed.

I just don't understand something.

We were down to 10-men for a long time, somehow scored one in that situation and after Smith's dismissal, we scored another. The team was struggling, which is understandable as it was 10 vs 11, but why the hell first substitute came on at 81st min. and why it was a striker? The midfield, especially Davies were terrible and Bournemouth was dominating the whole midfield since the beginning.

I mean it could have been a double substitution, call Cenk and Davies off, replace them with fresh legs.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

The first two are defenders. You can't put people on in positions we don't have cover for. I've thought we're desperately short in CM for months, now we've got extra bodies in at CB I think it's our glaring weakness. Also, it was only 1-0 when Smith went off, I don't think that was the time slow it down. At 2-0 maybe, but again, we're really short of options in midfield. 

I would’ve brought Niasse in for Tosun and DCL on rather than pack the midfield. We sat so far back (from what I saw) that having two, hard-working strikers instead of a tiring Tosun up top when we went 2-0 up would’ve 1) shown intent and 2) given us an outlet. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I would’ve brought Niasse in for Tosun and DCL on rather than pack the midfield. We sat so far back (from what I saw) that having two, hard-working strikers instead of a tiring Tosun up top when we went 2-0 up would’ve 1) shown intent and 2) given us an outlet. 

I would have brought Niasse on for the tiring Tosun with a view to given them a hard time and keeping them busy in their own half instead we sat back and made it easy for them , I wouldn’t have put Bernard on for Walcott I would have looked at replacing either Davies or Gana they had both become liabilities one of them needed replacing to shore the middle up and try to get more control of the ball, but in fairness we lack options in the middle at the moment. 

An away point against a team that had taken max points in the first two games.

Again decisions went against us. We’re still learning zonal marking, we have to be patient while we learn to play it properly. Well only get better at it.

lost our most attacking player. New players haven’t came in yet.

should have had a clear penalty.

Lets not panick eh!

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Again decisions went against us. We’re still learning zonal marking, we have to be patient while we learn to play it properly. Well only get better at it.

Lets not panick eh!

Don't be daft Shukes they're all shit houses and the manager probably wears brown shoes in private! 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Lets not panick eh!

We lost there last season, so we’re a point up. 

I don’t really understand how there’s as much doom and gloom as there is tbh. Of course there are still issues to be sorted but we’re much further along than I expected us to be at this stage. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We lost there last season, so we’re a point up. 

I don’t really understand how there’s as much doom and gloom as there is tbh. Of course there are still issues to be sorted but we’re much further along than I expected us to be at this stage. 

Agreed we need to get the new signings match fit and then we can make a better judgment, I personally believe we have players waiting to get in the team that will improve us. 

20 hours ago, Aidan said:

What a load of shite, did you actually watch what happened?!

How is it shite? What else is he trying to do then? I have watched it several times, have you?

19 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

If you're injured by that flick of the head, then you're not tough enough for football. Probably not tough enough for anything.

Also, that should be stamped out of the game but Smith's provocation and subsequent play acting shouldn't be stamped out? 

Stupid from Richarlison, absolute shithousery from Smith. Seeing him walk was my favorite moment of the damn match.

I didn't say it would cause injury, but what other intent does he have?

It absolutely should be stamped out. Just because someone winds you up and gets in your head you dont need to physically react. It happens in every sport I have ever played from golf to rugby. Richarlison just needs to keep his emotions in check and get him back by scoring and winning the game and not by having a stand off and then flicking his head at an opponent. I agree it is shithousery, but its also clever and fair play if he can get the upper hand in a match by being smarter than his opponent.

Here are the highlights of the game, the incident is around 4.50.

https://highlightsfootball.com/video/bournemouth-vs-everton-highlights-2/#close

As I have said, the heads go together and there is nothing in it but then Richarlison deliberately pushes his head forward and down into Smiths. They aren't just pressing their foreheads together and nor does Smith do the same. Richarlison knows exactly what he is doing and I fail to see how that isn'tt intent to do some harm. I am not saying he is trying to break his nose or anything like that which some people seem to be interpreting but I fail to see what else he is trying to do. Its a textbook red card and I cant see how any one can complain about it.

Yes its a clear red, and in the first few games he has been like bambi on ice goes down to easy and to soon, but he will learn thats not our way and he will grow

into a fine player for the blues im sure. But him sat in the stands for 3 games is harming the team and doing us no good at all. 

Although smith complained he could have made it a lot worse by rolling about on the floor.

I think the Tosun  was a pen but much harder for the ref to see.

As has been said no need to panic we are doing ok

7 hours ago, nogs said:

Just watched MOTD. Standard of refereeing in the PL is a disgrace. By letter of law Richarlison is  red but if he'd put his hand on his chest and made that kind of movement, no one would even have noticed it. A good ref tells them both to stop being pricks and gets on with the game. 

Smith's was never a red, penalty against Baines was soft at best Wilson cons a ref he knows is not up to it, and we had two clear pens not given. It's all very well banging on about respect for the ref but the standard is so below what it should be it's hard to have respect for them. Wouldn't be tolerated in any other sport. 

Smith clearly pulls him back and prevents a clear goal scoring opportunity. It wasn’t an egregious foul, but it was a clear red.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

How is it shite? What else is he trying to do then? I have watched it several times, have you?

I didn't say it would cause injury, but what other intent does he have?

It absolutely should be stamped out. Just because someone winds you up and gets in your head you dont need to physically react. It happens in every sport I have ever played from golf to rugby. Richarlison just needs to keep his emotions in check and get him back by scoring and winning the game and not by having a stand off and then flicking his head at an opponent. I agree it is shithousery, but its also clever and fair play if he can get the upper hand in a match by being smarter than his opponent.

Here are the highlights of the game, the incident is around 4.50.

https://highlightsfootball.com/video/bournemouth-vs-everton-highlights-2/#close

As I have said, the heads go together and there is nothing in it but then Richarlison deliberately pushes his head forward and down into Smiths. They aren't just pressing their foreheads together and nor does Smith do the same. Richarlison knows exactly what he is doing and I fail to see how that isn'ttt intent to do some harm. I am not saying he is trying to break his nose or anything like that which some people seem to be interpreting but I fail to see what else he is trying to do. Its a textbook red card and I cant see how any one can complain about it.

I’ve played golf since my early 20s Bailey and I’ve never known of any physical conflict at any course I’ve been a member at, were do you play Syria 😜

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Smith clearly pulls him back and prevents a clear goal scoring opportunity. It wasn’t an egregious foul, but it was a clear red.

It would have taken some effort to score seeing as Walcott was 20 yards from goal outside the right hand corner of the penalty box. Never a clear chance. And I tend to think that if the player fouled says after the game 'I was surprised it was a red,' it wasn't a red. 

Put it this way, if it was one of ours got sent off for that there'd be uproar on here. 

55 minutes ago, nogs said:

It would have taken some effort to score seeing as Walcott was 20 yards from goal outside the right hand corner of the penalty box. Never a clear chance. And I tend to think that if the player fouled says after the game 'I was surprised it was a red,' it wasn't a red. 

Put it this way, if it was one of ours got sent off for that there'd be uproar on here. 

There was no one in between him and the goal besides the keeper. He likely would have gotten off a clean shot from pretty close to the angle he had scored from not long before.

And sure, but we get mad whenever things go against us. I think Baines foul was a pretty clear penalty even though it was a soft one, but plenty here were pissed off about it.

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve played golf since my early 20s Bailey and I’ve never known of any physical conflict at any course I’ve been a member at, were do you play Syria 😜

Haha not physical but the mental wind up which led to the incident... I think I have experienced more mental/psychological abuse playing golf than I have in any other sport!

That being said, I have had a club thrown at me once... He said it was because he lost his grip but I'm not so sure!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Haha not physical but the mental wind up which led to the incident... I think I have experienced more mental/psychological abuse playing golf than I have in any other sport!

That being said, I have had a club thrown at me once... He said it was because he lost his grip but I'm not so sure!

You must be a bandit Bailey 😉