IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away) Saturday August 25th

markjazzbassist

5 minutes ago, Paddock said:

If he doesn’t fuck that zonal marking off he will go exactly the same way as Martinez. 

Its not going too well is it. I also don't like how there is no-one picking up the second ball like we saw today. If attackers are running it and the defender is standing still they will always get to the second ball quicker. I just don't see the benefit of it of the system and I would much prefer to see a mix of zonal and man marking.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Its not going too well is it. I also don't like how there is no-one picking up the second ball like we saw today. If attackers are running it and the defender is standing still they will always get to the second ball quicker. I just don't see the benefit of it of the system and I would much prefer to see a mix of zonal and man marking.

Nope- 5 goals against Wolves, Soton and Bournemouth- Ings never had a player withing 5 yards of him last week when he scored inside our 6 yard box, their 2nd today was equally as soft. You don’t win the initial header from a corner or free kick you’re fucked. Think that’s what he wants Mina for but I hate zonal marking.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The thing that will have made the Keane thing worse is that he was already out before he hit the ground, so he has no chance to brace himself and slams into the turf with his head again. 

Just said that to my old man who only caught commentary

Like one of those drink fuelled cracks when someone hits the curb/floor, hope we hear something from the club soon as I'm quite worried for the lads health 

5 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Just said that to my old man who only caught commentary

Like one of those drink fuelled cracks when someone hits the curb/floor, hope we hear something from the club soon as I'm quite worried for the lads health 

This. I’m proper worried, I’ll be checking the internet all night for news until we hear something. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

He has deliberatly tried to injure/harm another player and he fully deserves to go. Its a clear sharp movement with his head and its the type of thing that should be stamped out of the game.

If you're injured by that flick of the head, then you're not tough enough for football. Probably not tough enough for anything.

Also, that should be stamped out of the game but Smith's provocation and subsequent play acting shouldn't be stamped out? 

Stupid from Richarlison, absolute shithousery from Smith. Seeing him walk was my favorite moment of the damn match.

Felt like 2 points dropped to me. Referee was horrible. I think we've scored 3 goals with 10 men and 3 goals with 11 men...not sure what that says about us.We haven't had the most difficult schedule thus far so we are going to need to 1.) finish matches with 11 men and 2.) figure out the zonal marking stuff on corner kicks. I'm not necessarily against zonal marking, I'm against bad marking and we have been bad so far on set pieces. It's hard to tell if we are creating more chances offensively because we've played with 10 men for 1/3 of the season so far.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Love him or hate him yesterday for me showed how much we missed Schneiderlin, he does the simple things well and his calm composure was missed especially when needed him in the last 20-25 minutes when we needed to keep possession of the ball.

Poor decision from the Silva, didn't even have an option on the bench for CM/DM. Soon after we went two nil up we were under the cosh and could have done with some fresh legs on. Annoyingly I think we'd be on 9 points had Baines been subbed around the 70 minute in both games we've had 10 men. Not blaming him, but the manager should recognise his age and against 10 men he's gonna struggle. Tbf to the manager last season we'd not have even took the lead after going down to 10 men to allow for a little moan for not winning.