IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Sunday September 16th

markjazzbassist

5 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I think I’m in the minority but I think Walcott has been class for us most games. He works his arse off, never goes hiding and is always on the end or producing things for us.  Why does he get slagged so much? I don’t get it 

Because most of our players miss his runs and end up passing it backwards instead. 

I think the problem is the midfield we need a fucking monster in there. U can deal with  defensive swaps if u have a general in there pulling the strings and organising the team. Kenny is a kid who put some great crosses in, Digne was bombing forward. Did you see when he chested the ball back under pressure and then ragged it up field to get a poor ball off Bernie? He was fucked. Like I said we are a work in progress and we have a whole back four nearly out so we are mid table. We need to go to Arsenal and really have a go

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I think I’m in the minority but I think Walcott has been class for us most games. He works his arse off, never goes hiding and is always on the end or producing things for us.  Why does he get slagged so much? I don’t get it 

Nor me he scores goals is prominent in his assists works hard does the dirty work for the team helps the RB and has a good touch, quite bizarre really but there you go we all see things differently. 

I can only repeat three things I’ve stated before. 

1) Games are won and lost in midfield. That was very much the case today. (We really miss McCarthy )

2) Gana and Schneiderlin should never be listed together except on the ‘transfer out’ list. How many managers fail to learn this lesson?

3) It will take time for the new manager to have an impact. Don’t be surprised if we’re in the bottom third for most of the season - but things will improve as players settle. 

end to end stuff and sadly we came out losing.  Tosun needed to finish those chances and lay that one off to Walcott.  Thought digne did well nice crossing and was giving yarmo all he could and pushing and fighting and didn’t let him bully him.  Obviously was beat for the one goal but he’s adjusting and that will happen.  Defense and keeper were terrible and Gana and Morgan were as well.

1 hour ago, yamar said:

The only thing we need is for silva to have a consistent team. It will come. Keep the faith.

I agree but some of the players out there today should have been playing to show him they deserve a place over the 'big name signings' who have yet to come into the team.

Title of article on OS: “West Ham Halt Everton’s Unbeaten Start.”  The honest, accurate title would read: “West Ham Expose Everton’s Mediocrity.”

On limited evidence, I do have hope for Richarlison, Bernard, Digne.  Out of desperation, cautious hope for Mina, Gomes. Sigurdsson and Walcott can contribute.  Tosun, DCL, Dowell, Davies, maybe.  Hope Coleman recovers form, and Kenny can cross.

No confidence in either Schneiderlin or Gana, and each time they are paired as starters, I fume.  Although they must have played well a very few times, I can’t remember when.  Gana’s passing is utterly abysmal.  I’m sorry we loaned Besic, (foolishly) hope for a miracle recovery for McCarthy, but am pre-disgruntled at the prospect that Silva will stick with G/S pairing.

Lookman has become a petulant embarrassment.

Unbeaten start, indeed.

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

We didnt buy him because he can work his arse off (which is actually very up and down - he definitely did today though). We bought him for his quality and finishing product and it was another game where he added no quality. 

8 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Haven't seen an AIDSfest like that in a long time. We were absolutely bullied and played off the park by a West Ham side that everyone has been laughing at. I called it like most before the game too, regardless of past results we were going to drop points here. 

Pickford was poor, totally at fault for the second goal. Jonjoe Kenny was appalling, demanding that his intentions were checked, verified and signed off before playing a pass, flat around refusing to just kick the fucking thing and give us some rhythm. Kurt Zouma continues to confirm my fears, way out of his depth at Chelsea and an integral part of a Stoke City defence that shipped about 16,000 goals last season - get Yerry in soon. Holgate was alright but mugged off for the first goal. Digne I actually thought did OK, was about a 6/10 so thus our MOTM I suppose. 

Credit to Schneiderlin for playing under the circumstances, that's all I'll say on the lad today. Gueye's passing was on par with Steven Hawking's for large portions of the game however seemed to settle when Bernard came on alongside him, the Brazilian himself at least trying to create a spark although it was an uphill battle.

Walcott was bang average but had Kenny behind offering the square root of fuck all, on the opposite flank DCL had an absolute shocker and I'm disappointed that the Bernard change wasn't for him to come off, how he lasted 90 minutes is beyond me but perhaps it's because he's tall up against West Ham's Empire State defence? Siggy as captain was anonymous although took his goal very well - plus points for that. Up top Tosun was gash, had one good chance and took about fourteen years to take it. 

Overall, a shocking display in every sense of the word. The Evertonians clapping the lads off at the end left me speechless and are part of the problem. We are still laying the foundations under Silva but if this is the kind of football we are going to be given then we should have just saved a few quid and kept hold of Koeman and/or Allardyce.

This is not at all how I saw the match. Kenny was decent and put in some great crosses - definitely one of our better players on the day. I might as well have been in for Holgate. Zouma was uninspiring and average, but wasn’t really responsible for any of their goals.

Digne was solid minus the second Yarmolenko goal and offered the most going forward of any player. Siggy had a solid first half and a terrible second half... he seems to have lost his set piece ability completely. Walcott worked hard but nothing came off for him today.

Gana was very poor as were Pickford, DCL and Schneiderlin.

I know it’s said often, but it really is crazy how differently people see things.

12 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Agree, he's really good but always gets slagged with no aparent reason

5 hours ago, metalman said:

Agree, he's really good but always gets slagged with no aparent reason

He can beat 3 men but his end pass is pathetic either behind the goal or over every bodies head, all the work he does is retrieving the balls he has given away. Never gets his head up.

I dont dislike theo but he has not improved since he was 17. He is an improvement in Lennon but not the answer if we are going forward.