IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Sunday September 16th

markjazzbassist

Just now, Palfy said:

It's becoming fucking embarrassing we have to face it our youngsters who come through the ranks aren't good enough.

Far too easy and convenient blaming the kids. We're not good enough because we have spunked the best part of 200 million on utter shite in the past two years

It’s early days. Defensively we are awful. Gana is so bad in possession he causes us problems when we get turned over in possession. We couldn’t have asked for better fixtures to start with. The hard work starts now. We need Richarlison as the number nine, Tosun is suffering with form and confidence. On this performance we are miles away from the top six 

We are crying out for a midfielder playmaker, I feel for Gueye because he finds space in the middle of the park because no one else does, which means he receives the ball a lot. Then he’s expected to find a killer pass which just isn’t in his repertoire. Wait and see, once Gomes is fit Gueye can go back to being anti-football and breaking up the play, what he should be doing. 

Unfortunately, so far this season, we are the sole reason for us dropping points...from poor marking, red cards, poor decisions etc. We have well and truly shot ourselves in the foot.

Today was another under par effort but with more individual errors that made it far too difficult to get anything from this game.

I worried before hand when I seen the back 4. From an age and experience point of view, it's not ideal. Throw in Holgate having a mare, and Pickford gifting a goal...unreal.

I know peeps won't be feeling it, but there are some positive signs out there. Take away the individual errors, poor judgements etc and you find we are playing a better style of football with more purpose. But maybe we are trying to force it too much, and not being smart enough with the play.

Gutted. But not surprised to be honest.

Not clinical enough and sloppy for the most part, we gifted that game away and fair play to WH they had three clear chances and put them away 

We best hope Tosun starts putting the ball away soon or we'll be fucked until January

The amount of quality deliveries today from Kenny and especially Digne and we only potted one is embarrassing

9 minutes ago, mcirony said:

We are crying out for a midfielder playmaker, I feel for Gueye because he finds space in the middle of the park because no one else does, which means he receives the ball a lot. Then he’s expected to find a killer pass which just isn’t in his repertoire. Wait and see, once Gomes is fit Gueye can go back to being anti-football and breaking up the play, what he should be doing. 

Yeah I agree.

Gana was piss poor today. Awful. Worst game I've seen for him that I can remember. But he shouldn't be the guy who is further up the pitch, looking to play those splitting passes. Get him back, infront of the back 4, breaking up play and giving simple passes to the more technical, creative players.

No positives from the first half, gave the ball away in the wrong areas too often. 

Don’t remember many passing chains that lead to a genuine chance, the errors or wrong decision killed a lot of our attacks. 

Aside from the many sub-par individual performances, my concern is how often we looked open when turning it over, one to keep an eye one.

Every player is going to need to lift individually and collectively.

yuck 

40 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

C’mon Pete he’s had a stinker but that’s just comical. Arnautovic 1v1 with Holgate and just burns him.

And Gana was the reason he got in a 1 v 1 situation. No other team in the league gives space away like we do and it all falls down to one player. 

19 minutes ago, nogs said:

Whereas Silva has just done what got Koeman sacked

It was very Koeman-esque once they got the third, heads down and all over the shop. 

Haven't seen an AIDSfest like that in a long time. We were absolutely bullied and played off the park by a West Ham side that everyone has been laughing at. I called it like most before the game too, regardless of past results we were going to drop points here. 

Pickford was poor, totally at fault for the second goal. Jonjoe Kenny was appalling, demanding that his intentions were checked, verified and signed off before playing a pass, flat around refusing to just kick the fucking thing and give us some rhythm. Kurt Zouma continues to confirm my fears, way out of his depth at Chelsea and an integral part of a Stoke City defence that shipped about 16,000 goals last season - get Yerry in soon. Holgate was alright but mugged off for the first goal. Digne I actually thought did OK, was about a 6/10 so thus our MOTM I suppose. 

Credit to Schneiderlin for playing under the circumstances, that's all I'll say on the lad today. Gueye's passing was on par with Steven Hawking's for large portions of the game however seemed to settle when Bernard came on alongside him, the Brazilian himself at least trying to create a spark although it was an uphill battle.

Walcott was bang average but had Kenny behind offering the square root of fuck all, on the opposite flank DCL had an absolute shocker and I'm disappointed that the Bernard change wasn't for him to come off, how he lasted 90 minutes is beyond me but perhaps it's because he's tall up against West Ham's Empire State defence? Siggy as captain was anonymous although took his goal very well - plus points for that. Up top Tosun was gash, had one good chance and took about fourteen years to take it. 

Overall, a shocking display in every sense of the word. The Evertonians clapping the lads off at the end left me speechless and are part of the problem. We are still laying the foundations under Silva but if this is the kind of football we are going to be given then we should have just saved a few quid and kept hold of Koeman and/or Allardyce.

That was a very Martinez-esque game. Plenty of chances to win the game ourselves but some appauling individual mistakes leading to goals. 

Pickford made 1 mistake and paid for it. Kenny did well on the whole but like most of the team he played a little on tilt. Holgate was piss poor and I just dont see him being a good enough defender. Zouma was OK but he couldnt outperform the madness around him. Digne was a big plus for me. Yes he was partly at fault for at least one goal but he was full of bite and energy. 

The less probably said about the midfield the better. Walcott was shite, DCL was full of effort but little quality, Siggy was a lot better when he dropped deeper. He wasnt involved as a number 10 (his best position apparently). Gueye was constantly on tilt. No composure at all, he was all over the place but still did well for the goal. Scheiderlin wasnt particularly great before he came off either. I actually though Bernards home debut was full of promise. He was largely a part of everything we did that was good. 

The less probably said about Niasse and Tosun the better.

I missed the first two home games, and was looking forward to today.. The first few minutes we were dominant and looked totally in control, they scored and our heads dropped so much, we seemed to loose all confidence and then gifted them a second. Clawed one back, and started second half looking like we were going to go on and win, and then threw away all hope.

I felt we were better than anything we saw under gravy chops,  we actually had a few attempts on goal, on another day, Tosun head in, puts his shot wide of the keeper and we've got three, and Niasse hits the net not the bar..

But, we didn't, we ran ourselves in to deadends so many times, passed behind each other when playing forward slowing moves down,  Tosun is clearly lacking confidence, how long can we carry on with him, Morgan's just lost his dad and gets my full sympathy , but should not have been playing, his head clearly wasn't right.

im going to out this one down as a bad day at the office, hopefully with some lessons learned.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

That was a very Martinez-esque game. Plenty of chances to win the game ourselves but some appauling individual mistakes leading to goals. 

Pickford made 1 mistake and paid for it. Kenny did well on the whole but like most of the team he played a little on tilt. Holgate was piss poor and I just dont see him being a good enough defender. Zouma was OK but he couldnt outperform the madness around him. Digne was a big plus for me. Yes he was partly at fault for at least one goal but he was full of bite and energy. 

The less probably said about the midfield the better. Walcott was shite, DCL was full of effort but little quality, Siggy was a lot better when he dropped deeper. He wasnt involved as a number 10 (his best position apparently). Gueye was constantly on tilt. No composure at all, he was all over the place but still did well for the goal. Scheiderlin wasnt particularly great before he came off either. I actually though Bernards home debut was full of promise. He was largely a part of everything we did that was good. 

The less probably said about Niasse and Tosun the better.

I agree with that, I also think we lost the game through the 3 in the middle Schneiderlin was poor I realise his father had died but I don’t believe he would use that as an excuse for a poor performance, Gana was shambolic he offered nothing Gylfi struggled to get into the game because Gana who was meant to be the link gave him no service what so ever, combine that with the things you mentioned and we weren’t at the races today.