IGNORED

Arsenal (Away) Sunday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

When you spend £40 mill on a player in his prime you have to expect more. Another nothing game from gilfi 

Although I'm not watching, I just don't see how he fits into this system.

I've seen him phyically hide in games. He seems to make the most of the ball when he has it, but what's the point if that's a handful of times per game?

Not on the ball enough.

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

What after the event? We can all be armchair quarter backs. How do you know a substitution against Southampton didn’t secure us the three points? We were bossing the game at 0-0 and we concede two in three minutes. One of them blatantly offside. What’s the man supposed to do? If at 0-0 we scored the opener would you have posted about non substitutions? No you wouldn’t. You just come on and post shite.

What's a quarterback? Never seen than that position in football. Your talking about what it's... this season Silvas game management has been shite. I wish that we could win every game but I don't think he has changed anything during any game. The signings that have been made are very positive but Silva just doesn't change anything during the match.

4 minutes ago, bluehuddo said:

I don't need your respect mate... I am making an observation on what I have seen from watching the marches this season. I dont expect us to always win but a manager needs to make changes if things aren't going right and if you look at all our losses, then you will see that Silva has either not done anything or been too late in any changes he has made. I still think he has a lot to learn as a manager and I hope for Evertons (supporters) that he does.

West Ham. Remember that game? 2-0 down? Ring any bells?

1 minute ago, badaids said:

You know what, in spite of the lack of results so far, I can't help but feel with a bit more luck and a bit more clinicism, that we are not far away from a decent run of form.  Today  has been full of positives in spite of the score so far.

Agreed. Solid effort overall until the 2nd goal. I am pleased with that. Not pleased with the lack of precision or the result.

3 minutes ago, bluehuddo said:

What's a quarterback? Never seen than that position in football. Your talking about what it's... this season Silvas game management has been shite. I wish that we could win every game but I don't think he has changed anything during any game. The signings that have been made are very positive but Silva just doesn't change anything during the match.

So he doesn’t make subs? Is that what your saying? So against West Ham he brought Bernard in after 40 minutes and took off Morgan. So what is your point? 

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

We’ve conceded a good first goal. Could have been avoided but a great finish. We’ve had enough chances to win this game comfortably 

This is it in a nutshell. If we score first we probably do them on the counter attack. Conceding the second so quickly was a killer.

Its another game where I look at it and thing what could have been. Same feeling I had under Martinez to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Watford, Bournemouth, Leicester, Wolves, Palace above us and RS top. Fed up.

Was never going to be easy. We either had to hit the ground running or grow into some momentum. Unfortunately it seems that it's going to have to be the latter.

It's frustraiting, but lets see what happens when we've got a fully fit side and we can get some momentum behind us. It's unfair to expect us to kickstart our season at the Emirates.

From the sounds of it, up until the goal things looked encouraging.

Didn't we get beat 3-1 that game

Your big post was about how he doesn’t make subs and waits. He brought Morgan off after 40 minutes and replaced him with Bernard and we scored before half time. I’m basing everything on what you posted. You have stated in all his games as manager he hasn’t made a positive substitution.  So like I said at the start I was waiting for the first post about silva that was moronic and congratulations you won the prize 

6 minutes ago, bluehuddo said:

I don't need your respect mate... I am making an observation on what I have seen from watching the marches this season. I dont expect us to always win but a manager needs to make changes if things aren't going right and if you look at all our losses, then you will see that Silva has either not done anything or been too late in any changes he has made. I still think he has a lot to learn as a manager and I hope for Evertons (supporters) that he does.

Its game 6, people need to give this team, and manager time.

For me he made the right call in most of the games, the Wolves game is a particular stand out, going down to 10 men and nearly getting the win.

We are a work in progress, this will take time to get right. We should be supporting the team through this, who I thought played well and were unlucky today.

BTW shouldn't it be "for us"?

7 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

So he doesn’t make subs? Is that what your saying? So against West Ham he brought Bernard in after 40 minutes and took off Morgan. So what is your point? 

My point is that if you look at all our matches other than the WH game and maybe an other one, this is discounting subs for injury, he does not make meaningful subs. They are mostly after 70 minutes

The point is DCL should have put us in front after 5 minutes, that’s a different game. Walcott again poor first touch when through. That’s the big difference. We need to take our chances. I’m pleased with the first hour. Our heads went down after the shite second goal. I will take a season of performances like this if it means next year we will reap the rewards 

The man hasn’t had anywhere near his first team out and played two games away from home for half the match with ten men. How is he supposed to meaningfully impact those matches? It’s damage limitation to a point. At Wolves and Bournemouth we went on the offence but ultimately got caught. I really don’t get you 

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Its game 6, people need to give this team, and manager time.

For me he made the right call in most of the games, the Wolves game is a particular stand out, going down to 10 men and nearly getting the win.

We are a work in progress, this will take time to get right. We should be supporting the team through this, who I thought played well and were unlucky today.

BTW shouldn't it be "for us"?

I can still make the observation that I think Silva has not made the right decisions. Your last sentence is out of line. I have once made a similar inference on this site to a fellow Evertonian and I was wrong in doing thatIn all our games this season, Silva's game management has been absolute shite. I can't think of one time that anything he's done has made a difference. Either no subs or way too late

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

The man hasn’t had anywhere near his first team out and played two games away from home for half the match with ten men. How is he supposed to meaningfully impact those matches? It’s damage limitation to a point. At Wolves and Bournemouth we went on the offence but ultimately got caught. I really don’t get you 

Don't have to get me... I think that Silva could have made a difference in our games. He is still very inexperienced as a Manager.. I haven't given up on him but I still think that he could have done better 

Played well for the most part 

Good balance in defending and breaking up play and moving the ball forward, Gana did well and fair play to Davies he looked decent in spells 

We could have won the game at a canter but our quality when it mattered let us down massively, conceded a decent goal but shouldn't have given him the chance to let his shot off then our heads went

It's frustrating as we are very close to being a decent side but we lack that quality upfront and when it matters from some of the lads 

Don't have to get me... I think that Silva could have made a difference in our games. He is still very inexperienced as a Manager.. I haven't given up on him but I still think that he could have done better 

Ok you’ve made the big statement. He could have made a difference. How? Wolves 1-0 up down to ten men. What would you have done? Bournemouth away tell me what u think he should have done?