IGNORED

Arsenal (Away) Sunday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

4 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Played well for the most part 

Good balance in defending and breaking up play and moving the ball forward, Gana did well and fair play to Davies he looked decent in spells 

We could have won the game at a canter but our quality when it mattered let us down massively, conceded a decent goal but shouldn't have given him the chance to let his shot off then our heads went

It's frustrating as we are very close to being a decent side but we lack that quality upfront and when it matters from some of the lads 

Absolutely this. Every other flaw is magnified because we don't have a bona fide striker.

6 minutes ago, bluehuddo said:

I can still make the observation that I think Silva has not made the right decisions. Your last sentence is out of line. I have once made a similar inference on this site to a fellow Evertonian and I was wrong in doing thatIn all our games this season, Silva's game management has been absolute shite. I can't think of one time that anything he's done has made a difference. Either no subs or way too late

But what have we had on the bench this season? Either kids, unfit players or those who aren't interested who arguably shouldn't be on the bench at all.

For example, today the offensive changes he could have made were either Lookman (not interested), Bernard (not fit) and Tosun. 

He could have brought on Tosun earlier, and I didn't see the game at all so can't comment on if DCL played well or not, but maybe he wanted to play someone who has been a bigger goal threat this season for longer, or even felt that he could effect the game more arieally with DCL on the pitch (again I don't know because I didn't watch).

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not easy to make substitutes impact games when you dont really have a bench.

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Ok you’ve made the big statement. He could have made a difference. How? Wolves 1-0 up down to ten men. What would you have done? Bournemouth away tell me what u think he should have done? 

Will try and answer later.  Just got back from Japan and stayed up till 3:00am to watch us valiantly lose again. Peace out Brother 😁

32 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Tough game. Wind went out of us when they scored 2 so quickly.

Difference between the teams today? Finishing power.

Is this going to dog us again this season? We'll see. But I still think Cenk is a good finisher, just needs that one to get him going.

Don’t agree - they made an absolute mess of the second and it was a mile offside. One great goal against our 7/8 shots that on another day 2 would have been goals.   Or Silva fault just a bead day at the office in front of goal. It happens. 

😂😂😂 I'll accept all your apologies.... I did say we had another Martinez. Don't get me wrong, I liked Martinez and thought he should have been given another year out of Europe.

Read all of the threads back when I said it.... "he's nothing like martinez" 

I love being right.

6 minutes ago, yamar said:

😂😂😂 I'll accept all your apologies.... I did say we had another Martinez. Don't get me wrong, I liked Martinez and thought he should have been given another year out of Europe.

Read all of the threads back when I said it.... "he's nothing like martinez" 

I love being right.

You'll be right when Silva finishes his 3rd season at Everton, not 6 League games in.

Just now, Aidan said:

You'll be right when Silva finishes his 3rd season at Everton, not 6 League games in.

Listen, I'm only going off the remarks I hear getting banded about now....six games in.

Honestly thought the performance today was decent. Finishing kept it from being "good." The second goal was appalling from the linesman--miles offside. Cech had a really good game, but our best opportunities didn't really test him. I don't think Michael Keane is a starter once Mina gets fit and I have some concerns about Gylfi. Gylfi seems to just disappear. If he's not delivering on set pieces, and he didn't do that today, he isn'tt that useful. Digne's free kick was better than all the ones Gylfi took today.

One other criticism is that Silva is 5-10 minutes late making changes, but he made the correct ones. I wonder if it has to do with fitness in the case of Bernard. In any case, there were long stretches of the match when we forced Arsenal into looking terrible. In past years we have just sat back and let Arsenal boss us, so at least this was a different way to lose. 

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s another loss but it’s difficult to be too down about it because we played well, and I think we were the better side overall. 

Unlike last season you can see there’s a plan, a way we want to play. Last season we were just 11 players out on the pitch hoping not to get beat. I can handle these bumps as long as I can see progress, and I can see that progress. 

Desperately need to be more clinical in front of goal though. Creating chances won’t be the thorn in our side this season in the majority of games. 

My thoughts exactly, I would like to see Bernard move to the left and Richarlison up front.

Happy with the progress, and the way we played.

9 minutes ago, yamar said:

Listen, I'm only going off the remarks I hear getting banded about now....six games in.

Unfortunatley for you, you're going off the rash remarks of those with no patience.

Silva will be a god if he wins his next 4 games - then again a villian if he loses the 4 after that.

58 minutes ago, barryj said:

Don’t agree - they made an absolute mess of the second and it was a mile offside. One great goal against our 7/8 shots that on another day 2 would have been goals.   Or Silva fault just a bead day at the office in front of goal. It happens. 

We're creating but as always we're giving away better chances far too easily. They could've had a pen and Pickford made the best same of the two keepers. 

1 hour ago, bluehuddo said:

I can still make the observation that I think Silva has not made the right decisions. Your last sentence is out of line. I have once made a similar inference on this site to a fellow Evertonian and I was wrong in doing thatIn all our games this season, Silva's game management has been absolute shite. I can't think of one time that anything he's done has made a difference. Either no subs or way too late

I appologise if my last sentence upset you, that was not my intention, I was just trying to say that we are all in this as Everton fans.

I disagree with your views on Silva, but respect your opinion. 

I maintain my point that he has made good subs and had good game management, and that it is far to early in the season to judge. 

BBC report..

"Replays suggested that Aubameyang was offside from Ramsey's touch, though Everton could have few complaints from that point with Marco Silva's side looking vulnerable on the break as they attempted to find a response."

"Suggested" and we could have "no complaints". Bullshit.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

BBC report..

"Replays suggested that Aubameyang was offside from Ramsey's touch, though Everton could have few complaints from that point with Marco Silva's side looking vulnerable on the break as they attempted to find a response."

"Suggested" and we could have "no complaints". Bullshit.

So we can have no complaints with a clearly offside goal just because they looked good on the break? That is breathtaking justification for an abysmal decision and I highly doubt the reporting of the incident would be the same if it’d have been the other way round. 

not happy with the result, not happy to see keane in there and kenny didn't do well.  gana was everywhere, turns out morgan was the issue.  davies and gylfi ok for me, DCL worthless up top.  just play Tosun or Richarlison but DCL isn'tt good enough for anything but a sub for me.

we need to work on set pieces, we had a metric ton of them and couldn't make a single one of them.  we need to work on those and heading the ball.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

not happy with the result, not happy to see keane in there and kenny didn't do well.  gana was everywhere, turns out morgan was the issue.  davies and gylfi ok for me, DCL worthless up top.  just play Tosun or Richarlison but DCL isn'ttt good enough for anything but a sub for me.

we need to work on set pieces, we had a metric ton of them and couldn't make a single one of them.  we need to work on those and heading the ball.

Thought Keane, Kenny and DCL (far from worthless in his case) had decent games myself like. Davies was steady but really needs to cut out the sloppiness with simple passes. 

Our set pieces might improve if we take them away from Sigurdsson for a while. Don’t know what’s happened to him but his delivery has gone fucking shite. And seeing as that’s the majority of what he offers to the side it’s just not good enough. I’m proper struggling to see what he brings to the side. 

On another note; I can’t stop laughing every time someone mentions we lack a goal scorer up front. Thought we were gonna be absolutely fine without one of them? The midfield we’re going to pick up the slack? It was more important we had a runner, or someone linking up, than a striker that actually knows where the back of the fucking net is. 

The midfield isn’t going to pick up the slack. Richarlison is our best bet in that regard but he’s still a baby and is even still getting used to the league. Walcott needs 4 chances to get 1. Davies isn’t going to do anything in the goalscoring stakes. Neither is Gana. Sigurdsson is quite frankly a waste of space at the moment. Schneiderlin doesn’t even shoot at goal. 

I don’t want anyone to think this post is about Lukaku because it’s not. But we are desperate, so fucking desperate, for a clinical striker and Tosun isn’t it. Sorry, but he’s not, not even close. If we had someone up there who would bang the goals in then it would alleviate so many of our problems. I’m not saying it would make everything rosy, but if our midfield knew chances they create would be finished off then they’ll play with more freedom. If the defence knows we’re scoring goals when the opportunity arises then they’ll not themselves less whenever we’re under attack. 

Go big for a striker in January. Failing that it has to happen in the summer. 

Saw the game on Sky and just watched the highlights on MOTD, we weren't clinical in front of goal, if we had of been we would have won this game, 9 attempts 6 on target. That would have been 4-5 games worth last season.

if can and will improve, we need a couple of those chance to go in, and build our confidence, were clearly a work in progress so let's give it the time it needs.