IGNORED

Who do you want as our main striker?

Wiggytop

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

A few matches back we had that trick play morgan pass to someone who scored on a corner.  Now that I think of it that might be the only corner scored all year!  Yikes we are terrible at corners

6 hours ago, Vranny said:

That was the freekick routine that Walcott scored from. We’ve also had Richarlison score his first goal from a freekick scramble and Keane scored a header too.

Don’t think we’ve actually scored one from a corner yet, but the deliveries haven’t been too bad recently, it’s the finishing that’s been the problem. 

Vranny beat me to it!

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

A few matches back we had that trick play morgan pass to someone who scored on a corner.  Now that I think of it that might be the only corner scored all year!  Yikes we are terrible at corners

It’s been this way for years now, and I don’t understand it. We practice free kicks but they are taken from all over the place. Corners are always from the same spot, always the same distance from goal. Why not practice nothing but corners for a month? It’s an obvious way to increase goal production. We want opponents to experience fear when they concede a corner, not a sense of relief. 

10 hours ago, Vranny said:

That was the freekick routine that Walcott scored from. We’ve also had Richarlison score his first goal from a freekick scramble and Keane scored a header too.

Don’t think we’ve actually scored one from a corner yet, but the deliveries haven’t been too bad recently, it’s the finishing that’s been the problem. 

yikes even worse!!  no goals from corners?  that's just missed opportunities there.  i hope marco fixes it.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It’s been this way for years now, and I don’t understand it. We practice free kicks but they are taken from all over the place. Corners are always from the same spot, always the same distance from goal. Why not practice nothing but corners for a month? It’s an obvious way to increase goal production. We want opponents to experience fear when they concede a corner, not a sense of relief. 

Thing is though that as they're always taken from the same spot they're also easier for the defending team to practice repelling them. Having said that I agree the hit into the goal area and hope method needs to be addressed, few short ones maybe, keep the opposition guessing.

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Thing is though that as they're always taken from the same spot they're also easier for the defending team to practice repelling them. Having said that I agree the hit into the goal area and hope method needs to be addressed, few short ones maybe, keep the opposition guessing.

Look at the height of our team over the past few years. We've lacked an ariel threat since Fellaini. Mina and Zouma are perfect for those set pieces and hopefully we can improve on them.

Well after 2 days we’ve not had many wanting new players coming in, which is a bit of a surprise as many were calling for a top class striker cos Cenk and DCL weren’t getting enough goals.

I agree that a fluid  front line could cause many teams problens, we now seem to have the players to do that, let’s see how we get on in December when there’s a few testing games to get through.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Well after 2 days we’ve not had many wanting new players coming in, which is a bit of a surprise as many were calling for a top class striker cos Cenk and DCL weren’t getting enough goals.

I agree that a fluid  front line could cause many teams problens, we now seem to have the players to do that, let’s see how we get on in December when there’s a few testing games to get through.

i think everyone is waiting to see how richarlison does there to see if that's a permanent solution or not.  

if we could get hi for a bag of crisps I ould say Neymar, but I think he would be priced too highly.

personally I think we should try to get a good English (or at least a British) striker in  if we did that we would not have to worry about any players going away on obscure internationals midway through the season.  we would always get a break from club competition with that scenario.

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

There is no way the team don’t practice corners. 

Carlos Carvahal was on Goals on Sunday a while back and said Marcos teams are always well drilled on set pieces. I believe that, I think they all know what Marco wants them to do. The problem is what he wants them to do has been zonal.

We were talking about taking corners not defending them.  We know they practice defending them because it’s improved, as far as taking them we are still shite, not sure we practice scoring from them.

21 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

We were talking about taking corners not defending them.  We know they practice defending them because it’s improved, as far as taking them we are still shite, not sure we practice scoring from them.

We will be practicing both, on a very regular basis. We just aren’t very good at either.