IGNORED

Spurs (Away) Sunday May 12th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

Is it just me or Lookman loves to play with the ball and holds it more than enough?

they have him figured out.  they know he cuts inside all the time so they are blocking that avenue and he never goes wide so he just stands there looking to go inside but can't and then passes.  

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

100% it was us, when they came to Goodison it was in their own hands; when they left it in City's. Delighted.

Also would we have had stats like this at Spurs under Allardyce?

Capture.JPG

With this current team I'd have expected the three points. Spurs played a weakened team with one eye on the final. Better players and more balanced squad and Silva has only managed to finish 2 points closer to 6th.

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

With this current team I'd have expected the three points. Spurs played a weakened team with one eye on the final. Better players and more balanced squad and Silva has only managed to finish 2 points closer to 6th.

We had a weakened team. Spurs had champions league finalist players on the pitch. So you concede we have better players and a more balanced squad and we finished two points closer to sixth? Let me guess silva has nothing to do with that?

17 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

We had a weakened team. Spurs had champions league finalist players on the pitch. So you concede we have better players and a more balanced squad and we finished two points closer to sixth? Let me guess silva has nothing to do with that?

I think it's more the point we were only missing one player who is highly influential for us, two if you count Coleman who has been in good form. Spurs were missing their talisman in kane, Vertongen and Sanches who are two highly important defenders for them, rose their first choice LB, Son one of their best players and Winks and Foyth. Dier was played out of position and their striker was Llorente.

Id expect us to beat spurs with that team fielded along with a CL final coming soon. 

As for our own squad, the fact that Silva didn't start Kenny speaks volumes. He clearly doesn't rate him at all, not even to play in a nothing game and would rather play a loan player who won't even be here next season out of position in his spot. 

54 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Conceding? 

We've got a better and more balanced squad thanks to Brands. The two goal scorers today were bought under Allardyce. If you only look at the difference between Digne compared to Martina/Baines we had last season, I'd expect the gap to be closed by more than two points. 

As far as I can see Silva was only responsible for one signing, Richarlison. We had much more need for a centre mid and it is telling that he went for the flair player rather than the powerful one in Dacoure. 

48 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I think it's more the point we were only missing one player who is highly influential for us, two if you count Coleman who has been in good form. Spurs were missing their talisman in kane, Vertongen and Sanches who are two highly important defenders for them, rose their first choice LB, Son one of their best players and Winks and Foyth. Dier was played out of position and their striker was Llorente.

Id expect us to beat spurs with that team fielded along with a CL final coming soon. 

As for our own squad, the fact that Silva didn't start Kenny speaks volumes. He clearly doesn't rate him at all, not even to play in a nothing game and would rather play a loan player who won't even be here next season out of position in his spot. 

DCL are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Conceding? 

We've got a better and more balanced squad thanks to Brands. The two goal scorers today were bought under Allardyce. If you only look at the difference between Digne compared to Martina/Baines we had last season, I'd expect the gap to be closed by more than two points. 

As far as I can see Silva was only responsible for one signing, Richarlison. We had much more need for a centre mid and it is telling that he went for the flair player rather than the powerful one in Dacoure. 

You are an Imbecile the two goal scorers were signed by gravy guzzler your right. But they don’t play cos they are squad players 

40 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

But if it’s brands pulling the strings in all but one signing according to you why aren’t u blaming him for not signing the powerful dacoure ?

New manager wants a player you're gonna back him. The budget only goes so far, and Brands done well to bring in a centre mid in Gomes on loan. Ideally we'd have had more money available to buy a strong box to box player. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

New manager wants a player you're gonna back him. The budget only goes so far, and Brands done well to bring in a centre mid in Gomes on loan. Ideally we'd have had more money available to buy a strong box to box player. 

The money was wasted over the 3 years before Brands and Silva landed. 

Now we have to clear the squad of the big wages and shit players. 

22 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Who says the budget goes so far? Do you know the ins and outs of the financial impetus we have? No you don’t u just chat shit 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Who says the budget goes so far? Do you know the ins and outs of the financial impetus we have? No you don’t u just chat shit 

Marcel Brands does. You know the guy who's responsible for player recruitment at the club, even sits on the board. 

If you're gonna act like you know better, make sure you do next time before you go all Jamie Vardy and make yourself look like an idiot. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/17/marcel-brands-says-everton-couldnt-afford-permanent-andre-gomes/

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Marcel Brands does. You know the guy who's responsible for player recruitment at the club, even sits on the board. 

If you're gonna act like you know better, make sure you do next time before you go all Jamie Vardy and make yourself look like an idiot. 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/17/marcel-brands-says-everton-couldnt-afford-permanent-andre-gomes/

I asked Marco [Silva] to talk with him because he knows him very well and the player was enthusiastic about it. I went back to Barcelona and asked if there was a possibility of getting him on loan."

Credit where it's due eh.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I asked Marco [Silva] to talk with him because he knows him very well and the player was enthusiastic about it. I went back to Barcelona and asked if there was a possibility of getting him on loan."

Credit where it's due eh.

I'd be more surprised if the manager never spoke to a player before he signed. He spoke to Digne too if you want to give credit to him as well. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'd be more surprised if the manager never spoke to a player before he signed. He spoke to Digne too if you want to give credit to him as well. 

Yep. I absolutely do. Why would I not? If you were going to a new job, would your line manager not make a difference to you?! You know, the bloke you're going to work with every day?!

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Yep. I absolutely do. Why would I not? If you were going to a new job, would your line manager not make a difference to you?! You know, the bloke you're going to work with every day?!

Digne isn'tt his line manager.