IGNORED

Moise Kean

Just now, Matt said:

I’m not expecting much from this season to be honest. Last season was damage control, this season is about stability. Fully expect most of the new signings to be blooded in over a couple of months a bit like Bernard was last year. 

Yet you have Kean in your starting 11 in the transfer thread?

I’m not expecting him to set the world on fire it’s a tough league and he’s still a young lad with a lot to learn, but he is a great prospect. 

I would have liked to have seen someone like Costa come in to give us that initial injection of goals that we desperately need, and also to help develop Kean and DCL, who need someone to show them what it takes to be a top striker, my fear is who are they gonna to learn from day in day out. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m not expecting him to set the world on fire it’s a tough league and he’s still a young lad with a lot to learn, but he is a great prospect. 

I would have liked to have seen someone like Costa come in to give us that initial injection of goals that we desperately need, and also to help develop Kean and DCL, who need someone to show them what it takes to be a top striker, my fear is who are they gonna to learn from day in day out. 

The whole reason Kean has left Juventus, who btw had Ronaldo teaching him, is so he can get game time, we would never of bought Kean if we got Costa.

4 minutes ago, aaron said:

The whole reason Kean has left Juventus, who btw had Ronaldo teaching him, is so he can get game time, we would never of bought Kean if we got Costa.

Then that proves we are going to be expecting to much from him to early, we need to develop these youngsters with the help of senior players in there positions, who have we got who can show Kean and DCL the finer points of being a striker Niasse. 

But let’s go your route and throw another youngster in at the deep end and see if he can swim, we without a doubt need someone like a Costa who can help bring these youngsters a long. 

15 minutes ago, aaron said:

Doesn’t mean he’ll be starting and playing 90mins from the get go though, although I expect he will considering his fee

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Then that proves we are going to be expecting to much from him to early, we need to develop these youngsters with the help of senior players in there positions, who have we got who can show Kean and DCL the finer points of being a striker Niasse. 

But let’s go your route and throw another youngster in at the deep end and see if he can swim, we without a doubt need someone like a Costa who can help bring these youngsters a long. 

Right then, name the player we can 1. afford. 2. wont stop the progression of Kean (who is talented enough to start) 3. has a resale value which is what the club are going for.

Costa isn't any of the above 3. You have backroom staff to teach the players, you have the players to play the games.

46 minutes ago, aaron said:

Right then, name the player we can 1. afford. 2. wont stop the progression of Kean (who is talented enough to start) 3. has a resale value which is what the club are going for.

Costa isn't any of the above 3. You have backroom staff to teach the players, you have the players to play the games.

He's also been training with better strikers than Costa at Juventus.

class

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11778026/everton-fans-to-show-support-for-moise-kean-with-anti-racism-banner

contrast

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world/zenit-st-petersburg-malcom-signing-barcelona-banner-protest-a9039761.html

https://www.90min.com/posts/6426311-zenit-st-petersburg-may-sell-malcom-after-apparent-racial-abuse-on-his-debut

I expect this type of reaction every time a Black player signs with a Russian club. There's never been any progress in eradicating this behavior and the denial from the clubs/league/state has only enabled the racists. 

14 minutes ago, aaron said:

1 Costa, 2 Costa, 3 we are not buying players to bring on and sell for a profit I think you will find we are past those days as a selling or feeder club. 

And coaches can only go so far in the development of youngsters then your senior pros have a huge help in their development, to say that they are only there to play the game isn’t the case they impart there knowledge on the younger players, if you have a good senior striker he can do so much to help improve up and coming strikers. 

This lad is 19 and coming into the toughest league in the world, and yes if your good enough you’re old enough, but if he isn’t quite up to it who’s he going to learn from, I believe DCL isn’t improving because he doesn’t have a decent striker in the squad to learn from or talk to. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This lad is 19 and coming into the toughest league in the world, and yes if your good enough you’re old enough, but if he isn’t quite up to it who’s he going to learn from, I believe DCL isn’t improving because he doesn’t have a decent striker in the squad to learn from or talk to. 

I think that may be overrated/overstated. That is Dunc's job.  Now in absence of a staff member with that kinda of experience or career, I'd agree that a veteran mentor would be crucial. Otherwise he has an experienced striker to talk to and learn from - during games, during training, and even in extra sessions, which is not something you could necessarily expect from a veteran teammate.

I am excited to see this kid get settled in and watch him cause some problems for opponents. 

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Big Dunc. 😬

He’s doing wonders with DCL, there’s no substitute for having a good senior striker who is still doing it imparting his knowledge and ability on the younger strikers breaking into the first team, I used Costa as an example, because he’s still doing it but crucially he’s at the stage of his career where he won’t be able to play every game and that’s where the up and coming strikers get there opportunity, yet work with a good striker to learn from. 

Costa😬

On a completely different lot of thought, language barrier. I'm sure he will be working on his English, but I wonder,  do we have any Italian speakers on staff? I'm always curious how clubs deal with things like this because obviously it was thought of in advance. or at least I hope so, I would hate for the kid to get there and everybody look around and go "shit, what did he say?"

2 hours ago, Ghoat said:

On a completely different lot of thought, language barrier. I'm sure he will be working on his English, but I wonder,  do we have any Italian speakers on staff? I'm always curious how clubs deal with things like this because obviously it was thought of in advance. or at least I hope so, I would hate for the kid to get there and everybody look around and go "shit, what did he say?"

Apparently his English is good 

2 hours ago, Ghoat said:

His English is pretty good. I think that (poorly) translated interview was for convenience. It seems he can understand the language pretty well so being immersed in it will speed things up. 

9 hours ago, Ghoat said:

I think that may be overrated/overstated. That is Dunc's job.  Now in absence of a staff member with that kinda of experience or career, I'd agree that a veteran mentor would be crucial. Otherwise he has an experienced striker to talk to and learn from - during games, during training, and even in extra sessions, which is not something you could necessarily expect from a veteran teammate.

I am excited to see this kid get settled in and watch him cause some problems for opponents. 

I wouldn’t have Ferguson near any of the youngsters.