IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) Saturday December 28th

markjazzbassist

Whilst Ancelotti should get credit for the changes, was it not the wrong side to start with? Not the easiest time of the year, which I get, but Richarlison wasn't involved until the sub, Sidibe was beaten time and time again at right back and neither Holgate or Keane were dealing with their centre forwards. Davies in central midfield was also a passenger for most of the game and it wasn't until he moved to the inside left position that he found any influence. 

The changes that were made were perfect, but for them to have such an impact it shows that there were problems to start with. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

You watch the papers will have DCl sold tommorow to man united or spurs

Richarlison  too! Why would they go anywhere when we now have a top manager and they can go places with this Club? OGS ffs and Mou will probably p*** off if things don't go his way. Carlo is here for great things ahead....also Bramley Moore

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Whilst Ancelotti should get credit for the changes, was it not the wrong side to start with? Not the easiest time of the year, which I get, but Richarlison wasn't involved until the sub, Sidibe was beaten time and time again at right back and neither Holgate or Keane were dealing with their centre forwards. Davies in central midfield was also a passenger for most of the game and it wasn't until he moved to the inside left position that he found any influence. 

The changes that were made were perfect, but for them to have such an impact it shows that there were problems to start with. 

Bails I know you like to dissect things but I think Carlo knows it’s horses for courses at this time of the year and I think the squad would be delighted he put faith in them and they got a result. 

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Bails I know you like to dissect things but I think Carlo knows it’s horses for courses at this time of the year and I think the squad would be delighted he put faith in them and they got a result. 

I agree, and I think Ancelotti was holding something back for the City game, he knows if we can go there and get a result the message it will send to the rest of the footballing world would be massive in his quest to attract better players, well it wouldn’t hurt. 

34 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Does It? It's a tactical game. Like chess I suppose (though I know eff all about chess!).

We were dominating the game. Newcastle tweaked it a bit about the half hour Mark, they got on top. We tweaked It, we got in top. That's football isnt It? That's the idea of it all. It's why managers/coaches are employed.

14 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Does It? It's a tactical game. Like chess I suppose (though I know eff all about chess!).

We were dominating the game. Newcastle tweaked it a bit about the half hour Mark, they got on top. We tweaked It, we got in top. That's football isnt It? That's the idea of it all. It's why managers/coaches are employed.

You’d like to think so. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

It was the wrong formation because he said he would rotate.  He stuck to his word when he could have played it safe.  The players still played for the badge (which was a criticism of the last guy).  In years past people have been upset when we rotate because the managers canT get the players to click.  They did here.  Carlo must have something special because it was 7 changes to either position or player and we still won and in the league no less (unlike a cup tie against a lower side).  

As to why the rotation he said the players needed a rest and I think he wanted a good look at some of them that didn’t play last match or played a different position last match.

i was surprised it worked, but it seems Carlo has the rub of the green as you guys say

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Every team has to make changes at this time of year or you risk injuring key players. From what I heard we were all over them for 30 mins with 70% possession but then they came back. We held out for a while, they equalised, then Carlo made changes and we won. So no, he got it bang on 😁

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Didn't watch the game but interestinly enough the echo player ratings said Davies did well until he faded out when put on the left. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Watched the highlights again, just had to.  COYB

Me too. Things that stood out particularly second half. Delph sub changed the game.  Holgate is a confident mother fucker. Play him anywhere and he doesn’t give a fuck.  Charly was a beast second half  and I love Yerry Mina. You can tell the players love him and he is just a really good defender 

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Me too. Things that stood out particularly second half. Delph sub changed the game.  Holgate is a confident mother fucker. Play him anywhere and he doesn’t give a fuck.  Charly was a beast second half  and I love Yerry Mina. You can tell the players love him and he is just a really good defender 

Yeah I love Mina’s smile.  He seems like he has a real zest for life.  I love the guy.  

For the first 15-20mins of the game we were absolutely untouchable, Newcastle could not get near us and it was lovely to watch. Davies and Sigurdsson were brilliant during that period - , always finding themselves little pockets of space, winning the ball quickly, using it intelligently. They were our conductors. Thankfully we got at least one goal that our play deserved because after that time it was all Newcastle for the rest of the half. We did well to repel them. The second half was more even and end to end but I was so pleased with the way we responded to them having the crowd right behind them and then to them scoring the equaliser. Not that long ago we'd have capitulated and gone on to lose that game with a whimper but not these days. We showed a lot of steel and heart and withstood it all and then killed the game with a second goal.

On 28/12/2019 at 19:56, Newty82 said:

I think we dominated for about 15 mins. We had them penned in and they couldn't get out. We had a few corners on the bounce but from then on we didn't have any control until the subs. I don't think Newcastle actually changed anything, it was just that their plan was better but the circumstances of the game meant that we could pen them in their half. Once we lost that control and couldn't stay on the front foot, they started chipping away at us.

On 28/12/2019 at 20:57, nogs said:

Every team has to make changes at this time of year or you risk injuring key players. From what I heard we were all over them for 30 mins with 70% possession but then they came back. We held out for a while, they equalised, then Carlo made changes and we won. So no, he got it bang on 😁

It was about 15, maybe 20 mins. Their goal was coming, it wasn't a surprise. I get changes were needed, it's definitely not easy, but especially as someone who didn't see the game, I think it would be generous to say that our tactics were spot on from the start. Like I have said though, the changes were great and we won and that's what matters at the end of the day!

On 28/12/2019 at 21:50, Aidan said:

Didn't watch the game but interestinly enough the echo player ratings said Davies did well until he faded out when put on the left. 

He didn't. 

Just now, Bailey said:

I think we dominated for about 15 mins. We had them penned in and they couldn't get out. We had a few corners on the bounce but from then on we didn't have any control until the subs. I don't think Newcastle actually changed anything, it was just that their plan was better but the circumstances of the game meant that we could pen them in their half. Once we lost that control and couldn't stay on the front foot, they started chipping away at us.

It was about 15, maybe 20 mins. Their goal was coming, it wasn't a surprise. I get changes were needed, it's definitely not easy, but especially as someone who didn't see the game, I think it would be generous to say that our tactics were spot on from the start. Like I have said though, the changes were great and we won and that's what matters at the end of the day!

He didn't. 

Erm...delayed?! Played another 2 games since. Like that bird who likes to have the last word so pipes up again 2 weeks later when you can't even remember what the crack was.

11 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Erm...delayed?! Played another 2 games since. Like that bird who likes to have the last word so pipes up again 2 weeks later when you can't even remember what the crack was.

I was always brought up to believe better late than never, so apologies for the late response but better late than never😉