IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

23 hours ago, patto said:

Best player on our books a pity he has to leave in the summer but we can’t hold him back. 

Pretty sure we can mate. His new contract has 4 years or so right? I think we can convince him to stay, earmark him as captain to lead us out to BMD and then see from there. That said, I think finances dictate here and he will be sold.

I think given his physical attributes, age, current ability (never mind now he's only going to improve), and the 4 years on his contract then he is in the mega fee bracket. there is not a team in the country that wouldn't want him.

Was great in a technical Dutch league and even better this year in a more solid defence type (and part of a very good defence in the best league in the world).

definitely in the mega transfer fee bracket. teams build dynasties around a center back like this. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think given his physical attributes, age, current ability (never mind now he's only going to improve), and the 4 years on his contract then he is in the mega fee bracket. there is not a team in the country that wouldn't want him.

Was great in a technical Dutch league and even better this year in a more solid defence type (and part of a very good defence in the best league in the world).

definitely in the mega transfer fee bracket. teams build dynasties around a center back like this. 

We know what Jarrad should be valued at but unfortunately for us the situation in football has changed dramatically clubs are unsure what they can spend so we won’t get the 100m we believe he is worth

Jarrod is in a position were he will probably double his wage even more than double he can’t say no to that but the good thing for me is if someone had offered 25m for him last summer he probably wouldn’t be here now I don’t think our staff realised how good he was so if we get something equivalent to 70/80 million I’ll be happy with that. 
as far as I know PSV were the only team to submit a bid that was 8m. 

There definately won't be the amount of spending we have been used to seeing, but there will be the odd one or two players that clubs will pay top doller for and I see Jarrad as that type of player - we shouldn't be selling ourselves short.

I have said before, he will be a first class centre back for a top club for 12-15years. Great teams are build off foundation off top centre backs. Some of these clubs generate £100m a season - they can afford it if they really want him.

3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

There definately won't be the amount of spending we have been used to seeing, but there will be the odd one or two players that clubs will pay top doller for and I see Jarrad as that type of player - we shouldn't be selling ourselves short.

I have said before, he will be a first class centre back for a top club for 12-15years. Great teams are build off foundation off top centre backs. Some of these clubs generate £100m a season - they can afford it if they really want him.

Exactly. He's following a Stones-like future and that is why he'll still command a big fee.

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly. He's following a Stones-like future and that is why he'll still command a big fee.

Depends how the deal is structured is 70/80m not a big fee. 
I see we are trying to persuade him to stay for another year this would be good that’s according to media but this could just be a front by Everton. 

45 minutes ago, patto said:

Depends how the deal is structured is 70/80m not a big fee. 
I see we are trying to persuade him to stay for another year this would be good that’s according to media but this could just be a front by Everton. 

If he needs persuading to stay another year then he shouldn’t have signed a contract until 2027 only six months ago. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

He could easily turn out to be a Ferdinand, Vidic, Van Dycke, Kompany, Terry type defenders for one of these 'top' teams, look how much these players give the respective teams.

He could also look at Stones as something of a cautionary tale - yes he earned a boatload and won trophies but he never left his mark on the game in the same way those you mentioned did - he was talked about as the next Moore / Becoenbauer and he never came close. That said I'm sure he's not crying into his bank or trophy cabinet!!! 

#staywithusjarrad

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

He could also look at Stones as something of a cautionary tale - yes he earned a boatload and won trophies but he never left his mark on the game in the same way those you mentioned did - he was talked about as the next Moore / Becoenbauer and he never came close. That said I'm sure he's not crying into his bank or trophy cabinet!!! 

#staywithusjarrad

That wasn't because he left though, it was because he's had a lot of injuries.

So the message he sends to Jarrad is, don't get injured :lol:.

8 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

#staywithusjarrad

Stones has turned into one of the best centre halves around to be honest. 

Bit harsh comparing him to World Cup winners 😂