IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

On 27/09/2023 at 11:30, Hafnia said:

No way. The model we need to promote is buying young potential players who if they step up will be rewarded.  That way we will be a genuinely attractive proposition for young high attractive players with a desire to play rather than be stuck among many others in Chelsea or Man City’s reserves. 

branthwaite, garner etc will be looking at the absolute liabilities like Holgate, Keane, Gomes thinking “that lad has earned more in a month than I will in half a year and hasn’t played a tap”. 

pay players what they deserve, and by that I mean players like Keane, Holgate etc should never have been near what they earn. Branthwaite is quite clearly on the elite trajectory, he’s no flash in the pan. Why risk pissing him off ? 

Firstly I think it is still early days for Jarrad. Let's give him some time to grow and develop and see how he gets on. So much was said about how good Holgate could be and countless others before him. We will know a lot more by the end of the season but there is no reason to rush into a new contract after a handful of good performances. 

The contract Holgate received was always a joke, but Keane and Gomes had proven themselves. Keane was a big part of Burnley's success and Gomes had been a star at Valencia and earned a move to Barcelona. They had earned their contracts away from Everton. 

I think your last bit touches on why this has happened in the past, especially when you look at someone like Holgate. He hadn't earned his stripes and shown the level of consistency needed to be Premier League performer. We offered him a contract because we thought he was elite and didn't want to piss him off. Now look at him, fucking up in he Championship. If we go and offer him a big contract, we will only be showing that we haven't learned our lessons from the past.

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don't forget, he isn't happy here and we didn't offer him a good deal.

Why wouldn't he be happy? He's playing regular football in the Premier League. Where else should he go? It's too early for him to move to a top club, he's still developing. I can see him following a path similar to what John Stones did. I'd be surprised if he is still here at the end of his current contract

48 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Why wouldn't he be happy? He's playing regular football in the Premier League. Where else should he go? It's too early for him to move to a top club, he's still developing. I can see him following a path similar to what John Stones did. I'd be surprised if he is still here at the end of his current contract

It was tongue in cheek for all the miserable bastards.

30 minutes ago, patto said:

Top 4 will willingly pay 60m

We'd he daft to let him go for that with the Saudi money in the game. Guess we'll find out. But, as it stands, he's our player for years to come and I think he'll at least stay next season too. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

We'd he daft to let him go for that with the Saudi money in the game. Guess we'll find out. But, as it stands, he's our player for years to come and I think he'll at least stay next season too. 

Let’s hope we don’t need to sell him to pay the wages of those who are well below his standard. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/10/23/everton-star-jarrad-branthwaite-adds-fuel-to-60m-fire-with-stellar-performances/

On 08/10/2023 at 18:43, patto said:

Top 4 will willingly pay 60m

Although it's all simply opinionated bollocks being talked. However, it nice to see that people are taking note of the lads excellent start to the season - he looks like a defender who belongs at Premierhship level. 

Great he has signed that new contract, and any team can well and truly f*ck off with any stingy offers. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/10/23/everton-star-jarrad-branthwaite-adds-fuel-to-60m-fire-with-stellar-performances/

Although it's all simply opinionated bollocks being talked. However, it nice to see that people are taking note of the lads excellent start to the season - he looks like a defender who belongs at Premierhship level. 

Great he has signed that new contract, and any team can well and truly f*ck off with any stingy offers. 

Well, if people continue to use these clickbait sites as "sources", that opinionated bollocks will only continue.

16 minutes ago, patto said:

If the right offer comes in for Jarrod he will leave he will double his wages. 
he has no allegiance to Everton. 

Funny, his contract extension of 4 years and his subsequent interview would say otherwise...

"Oh, come on Matt. All of them say that" not really, only those that sign the paper. He could've jumped in the summer, he knows his value. But he also knows that we're his best chance for guaranteed minutes for the foreseeable.

If he goes, it won't be his choice. It'll be book-balancing.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Funny, his contract extension of 4 years and his subsequent interview would say otherwise...

"Oh, come on Matt. All of them say that" not really, only those that sign the paper. He could've jumped in the summer, he knows his value. But he also knows that we're his best chance for guaranteed minutes for the foreseeable.

If he goes, it won't be his choice. It'll be book-balancing.

It will be both