IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

On 11/06/2023 at 14:27, Shukes said:

It’s the usual press mate.

Small is going to be Englands No1 full back, but wants to leave.

Issac Price is a massive potential, but wants to leave.

Branthwaite is taking Europe by storm, but wants to leave for a permanent move to PSV.

Reality is that our managers have looked at these lads and thought they aren’t ready yet.

I agree. As bad as people seem to think about certain players at the club, there is still a big gap to these young players coming through. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think most, like myself, would just like him to be given a chance so we can we see if he can be a player for us.

I am sure Dyche will do that but that chance starts on the training ground. 

As fans we only get the chance to see them for 90 minutes (or less) on a game day. Many a time I have fallen into the trap of think x,y,z cant be that bad but invariably they are and there is a reason they aren't in the side to start with.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

There is no way that's the fucking asking price if teams are interested.

If anyone believes that then give your head a wobble because you're an idiot.

That’s the price being said when PSV enquired to take him permanently.

Nothing to do with intelligence, just working with the information provided.

What do you think he is worth?

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

That’s the price being said when PSV enquired to take him permanently.

Nothing to do with intelligence, just working with the information provided.

No, Shukes, that's the price the media are saying is the price that's needed. And it is completely to do with intelligence if you believe media shite after all this time.

There is zero chance we've put such a small price tag on him.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m too ignorant of offering/buying/selling prices in Europe and the EPL, but I do think just on potential he’s definitely worth keeping.  For we’re in dire shape at the back, have let Coady go, and no one has much faith in Keane or Holgate, and precious little in Godfrey.  And with the financial mess we’re in — and more broadly the embarrassing mess the club has become — I’ve little confidence that we’ll attract a solid starting partner for Tarkowski.

So Branthwaite’s “worth” more to Everton, just at this moment, than he’s probably “worth.”  We need to keep him, either play him or loan him.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

No, Shukes, that's the price the media are saying is the price that's needed. And it is completely to do with intelligence if you believe media shite after all this time.

There is zero chance we've put such a small price tag on him.

It’s also the price they are reporting we asked PSV for originally. 

And making decisions from information available is using intelligence mate. Pulling shit from thin air is 100% not. 

Im not believing everything I hear mate, and I do agree that’s most likely nowhere near the price. My point was that reality is, he, like most young players…. Isn’t anywhere near what we and the media make them out to be.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, patto said:

Expect Jarrod to be sold apparently we aren’t offering him a new contract if he stays at Everton another year he walks for no fee. 

We aren’t offering him a new contract? Where did you hear this golden nugget of information?

The lads one of our hottest assets right now. 

19 hours ago, Btay said:

So we offer Tom Davies a contract but not Branthwaite… we make some dogshit decisions but this isn’t one of them.

We offered Tom Davies a contract he couldn't accept its a nice way of saying your times up we done exactly the same with JonJoe Kenny.

4 hours ago, patto said:

We offered Tom Davies a contract he couldn't accept its a nice way of saying your times up we done exactly the same with JonJoe Kenny.

We probably offered Tom a contract that was befitting of his squad status (I say probably as I do t believe we know). he probably wanted starter money whereas reality he was a fringe first team player. I don't think we shafted him....just different opinions of squad status.

for Branthwaite...we should be offering him a contract that befits a high potential youngster. Emphasis on potential as he hasn't proved it at prem level yet. Perhaps he thinks he's already made it. 

Branthwaite made the starting line up of the England U23s for their last match… once they had already qualified and rested a few first team players. 
Potential is all he is at the moment, just like Cannon, Dobbin and the rest of the younger lads.

7 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

We probably offered Tom a contract that was befitting of his squad status (I say probably as I do t believe we know). he probably wanted starter money whereas reality he was a fringe first team player. I don't think we shafted him....just different opinions of squad status.

for Branthwaite...we should be offering him a contract that befits a high potential youngster. Emphasis on potential as he hasn't proved it at prem level yet. Perhaps he thinks he's already made it. 

Personally, I think Davies just wants to play 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Branthwaite made the starting line up of the England U23s for their last match… once they had already qualified and rested a few first team players. 
Potential is all he is at the moment, just like Cannon, Dobbin and the rest of the younger lads.

If you look at the lads who started ahead of him - they would be starters for the majority of teams in the prem.   branthwaite is better than Holgate and Godfrey, he will be a starter for us. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

If you look at the lads who started ahead of him - they would be starters for the majority of teams in the prem.   branthwaite is better than Holgate and Godfrey, he will be a starter for us. 

If he returns ?

i like Branthwaite but not sure if he is the answer to our problem in defence. 
his agent wants a new contract for him and from what I’ve heard it’s not being offered until Dyche has see him play I think he will leave if we get the right offer at the moment cash is king for us. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I would certainly put him ahead of Holgate, but I do think Godfrey has more to offer than he did last season.

Haven't really watched Branthwaite other than his few for us. So I’ll take your word for it.

24 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I would certainly put him ahead of Holgate, but I do think Godfrey has more to offer than he did last season.

Haven't really watched Branthwaite other than his few for us. So I’ll take your word for it.

Physically Godfrey has dropped off. No good in the air and isnt switched on.  Branthwaite is excellent in the air and is quick, 2 footed and is composed.  I have high hopes 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Branthwaite is excellent in the air and is quick, 2 footed and is composed.  I have high hopes 

You know more about Branthwaite than I do.  For me, I, too, have high hopes, but those hopes come from desperation, not confidence.

My general sense is that for 2 reasons, we’ll have trouble bringing in several starter-quality players: (1) we’ve no money, and (2) promising players think Everton is a disaster, and will be relegated next May.

So, truly, I desperately hope Branthwaite stays and is good enough to partner with Tarkowski.