IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I hope not as think he will become a top class player but expect every player will have their price this summer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10725257/Manchester-United-targeting-Everton-centre-Jarrad-Branthwaite.html

Can't see us going for it myself.

He's not long signed a new contract so we obviously see him as developing and will be someone to build around. We will be interested in selling players this summer, as you say, but I don't think players for the future will be those we're going to do that with.

Been an excellent start to his Everton career. He has shown that he is brave and can challenge in the air, he can tackle, he can read the game decently. But most of all I have been impressed with his calmness on the ball. He doesn’t just lump the ball, he doesn’t panic when under pressure, he looks to either keep possession or find a pass.

He has a big career ahead of him.

47 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Been an excellent start to his Everton career. He has shown that he is brave and can challenge in the air, he can tackle, he can read the game decently. But most of all I have been impressed with his calmness on the ball. He doesn’t just lump the ball, he doesn’t panic when under pressure, he looks to either keep possession or find a pass.

He has a big career ahead of him.

He reminds me of stones in a lot of ways with his composure. He looks to have a lot in his locker and I hope he continues to make strides forward in his development 

• 2 months later...

I think this is going to be a great move for the lad, and also us in the long run. I imagine PSV play a lot of possession based football with the CB's having to play the ball a lot more. Hoping that PSV get a good run in Europe and he gets a chance against some quality opposition in big games as well.

It must be great for the lads confidence that Brands has made the effort to bring him across channel to PSV. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think this is going to be a great move for the lad, and also us in the long run. I imagine PSV play a lot of possession based football with the CB's having to play the ball a lot more. Hoping that PSV get a good run in Europe and he gets a chance against some quality opposition in big games as well.

It must be great for the lads confidence that Brands has made the effort to bring him across channel to PSV. 

Indeed great work by Thelwell and Brands.

Hope it works out.  Loan moves for us should always be about development vs recovering funds.