IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

There have been talk of big teams taking interest in Branthwaite ever since has has been here. He is simply a very promising prospect. He has gone to the Dutch league and is putting the the performances you would hope a lad of his talent would do whilst away on loan.

As a young player you would have to say is being properly developed and he should be very happy with what Everton are doing for him

At 19, he has had a good taste of first team premiership football with us already. He's be sent out on loan, not because he's not good enough for the first team, its purely for his benefit and development at a good quality European football club. He is getting amazing experience and excellent game time at a club that play football. If he keeps on improving at the rate he is, he will be in and around our first team squad next season. There will be a place for him as I feel at least two will be gone out of Mina, Keane and Holgate.

His best option by far is going to be around Everton's first team over the next two or three years. If he does end up as a +£80M defender at a top 4 club (lets face it that seems to be the value of the very best CB's), then lets at least see that development happen while he is at Everton.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

No, but it's the usual benchmark and Branthwaite didn't have a world cup to showcase himself in. 

Bruno Fernandes, Ruben Dias, Darwin Nunez and João Felix all left the Portuguese League for £50m+. 

To suggest that the Premier League solely dictates transfer fees/interest is just ignorant.

5 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The world doesn't revolve around the Premier League, Enzo Fernandez says hi.

Enzo Fernandez wasn’t already signed to a premier league side and arguably was the second best player in a World Cup winning side, Branthwaite is already our player, his value will not be increased to its potential till he does it in the prem. The Dutch league isn’t a good indicator - klassen says hi 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Enzo Fernandez wasn’t already signed to a premier league side. Branthwaite is our player, his value will not be increased to its potential till he does it in the prem. The Dutch league isn’t a good indicator - klassen says hi 

No you're right, my bad.

Let's just ignore Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie, Ruud van Nistlerooy, Jaap Stam, Park Ji-Sung to name but a few that left Dutch football for the Premier League. 

Not to mention the conveyor belt of talent that Ajax have exported to European football. Frenkie De Jong and De Ligt springing straight to mind.

12 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

No you're right, my bad.

Let's just ignore Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie, Ruud van Nistlerooy, Jaap Stam, Park Ji-Sung to name but a few that left Dutch football for the Premier League. 

Not to mention the conveyor belt of talent that Ajax have exported to European football. Frenkie De Jong and De Ligt springing straight to mind.

Kezman, Jansen, Depay, babbel, Altidore, Alves, van der meyde, blind, van der beak, bony, all sold for mega money….. all of them failed really. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Kezman, Jansen, Depay, babbel, Altidore, Alves, van der meyde, blind, van der beak, bony, all sold for mega money….. all of them failed really. 

Yet the fact that I've named a load that worked shows that it's actually quite a good barometer of young footballing talent, backed up with the transfer fees for those mentioned - Daley Blind is/was a great player too, as is Memphis. 

The fact that we are debating Dutch football, the birthplace of Total Football and you trying to dismiss it as a throwaway league is truly baffling. The interest in talent from there will always be present, regardless of whether the exports have set foot in England. 

Football clubs from the likes of the Netherlands and Portugal need to sell high to simply survive and that won't change anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Bruno Fernandes, Ruben Dias, Darwin Nunez and João Felix all left the Portuguese League for £50m+. 

To suggest that the Premier League solely dictates transfer fees/interest is just ignorant.

Where did I say sole? I said usual benchmark, I.e. usually.

I’ve got no idea what he’s going on about. He reckons branthwaite will get sold without playing for us again. 

if he’s good enough for top teams to circle the club will play him in the prem which will increase his value.   “Proven” premier league players get sold for more.

11 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Football clubs from the likes of the Netherlands and Portugal need to sell high to simply survive and that won't change anytime soon.

Good job he’s an Everton player then.  

If someone wants to buy him it’ll have to costs a small fortune. 

The Dutch league is just very different to the Premier League. Its very technical and power and pace arent as important as they are over here. Certain players will transfer those skills over here, some wont. 

It wasnt that long ago that the loan was being questioned as the lad wasn't playing that much and now he is being talked about as the next big thing. 

I can already tell this is going to be a bit like the Simms thread where players on loan at lesser clubs/leagues become better than those starting and when they do come in and don't perform they get written off again. 

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

To be fair to Branthwaite, I think he has always shown that he is one of the younger players that has a real chance. 
He has actually had some good cameos for us and always looked decent. 

Yes he had a few hiccups on the way, but he hasn’t ever looked out of place.

Will always remember the game at Stamford Bridge last season. Was immense for us, scored the goal and showed the promise that I think we all know he has. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, patto said:

Apparently he has sold his house locally 

Won’t be leaving then. Nightmare trying to deal with a bank for a mortgage at the best of times, but after starting a new job, no  pay slips, no proof of how your new bonus structure is paid. Absolute ball ache. He’ll be here for a while. 😂

From all the reports I have seen he looks ready, he is a good age to start and if partnered with Tarks then he has a good teacher. 

Got to be better than Keane or Holgate, plus if we don't start him soon then we will have to sell him as he will not want to stay. Plus I think he was agreed a pathway to the first team so I would be amazed if he was not given a chance for the first few games.

I have just read a couple of PSV forums and the impression I get is that he isn't going to be Premier League level at the moment. 

He still has a lot to learn and whilst that development may come, there are mixed reviews about spending £7mil on him. He certainly isnt considered their best defender or anything like that. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I have just read a couple of PSV forums and the impression I get is that he isn't going to be Premier League level at the moment. 

He still has a lot to learn and whilst that development may come, there are mixed reviews about spending £7mil on him. He certainly isnt considered their best defender or anything like that. 

It’s the usual press mate.

Small is going to be Englands No1 full back, but wants to leave.

Issac Price is a massive potential, but wants to leave.

Branthwaite is taking Europe by storm, but wants to leave for a permanent move to PSV.

Reality is that our managers have looked at these lads and thought they aren’t ready yet.