IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

11 hours ago, patto said:

When Rafa plays 3-5-2 he will play left side. 
we have to start using our young players Branthwaite and Gordon are in now at least till January so we must give them as much game time as possible. 

Okay so we’re not putting him at left back. Or are you saying we put him on the left side of the 5? With what I assume would be Yerry Mina as the number 10?

3 hours ago, Btay said:

No I’m saying we are as likely to see him play left back as we are to see Mina play as a 10.

Micheal Keane, a defender who has played for England is a great example of how severely CB’s mistakes can be punished. I don’t think we need to throw Branthwaite in the deep end just yet. Cup games, sure. Part of a back 3 or as a centre back, again sure. But we don’t need to shoehorn him into a side to get him minutes.

I would be shocked if it’s anything other than Godfrey as backup LB.

37 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I would be shocked if it’s anything other than Godfrey as backup LB.

We beat Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal and Sheffield United in consecutive games last December with a back four of Holgate, Keane, Mina and Godfrey; conceded only one goal over the four games as well. Not saying that having no recognised full-backs on the pitch is a good thing but we coped OK.

2 hours ago, patto said:

Who’s to say Godfrey is coming back anytime soon if he’s had a bad dose of Covid he may end up with long Covid. 

Personally I've found myself using inhalers for the first time in years for general day to day use, got vertigo and occasionally my smell just seems to sense ciggy smoke. 

Weird virus to say the least. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I’m wearing glasses after having covid. Eyesight went down rapidly once I recovered. 
Set my covid passport up on the app last night, to find it runs out tomorrow?

Hoping it’s just a case of ask for another one to be issued ready for Monday night.

Really? When did you catch it shukes

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I’m wearing glasses after having covid. Eyesight went down rapidly once I recovered. 

Hoping it’s just a case of ask for another one to be issued ready for Monday night.

How long ago did you catch it mate, is there a chance that your eyesight will improve? I hope it does mate. You’ve got me thinking now about my own eyesight which has got worse when reading in the last few weeks, I never considered that could have been down to Covid I just thought wear and tear and old age was catching up with me, no puns about my age please Shukester, but it makes sense now why you have been posting stuff in the wrong thread 🤓😉

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Q code on your phone can be renewed for another thirty days any time, can also get a "hard copy" posted out to you that doesn't expire.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Really? When did you catch it shukes

Caught it in February mate.

Been careful all the way through, then a good friend asked to meet up and I relaxed a bit. Went to a socially distanced bar for two pints. 
Week or so later I started to feel ill. Then in the space of three days I went downhill rapidly. 

I honestly wouldn’t wish it on even Gravy tits! Evil little virus.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

How long ago did you catch it mate, is there a chance that your eyesight will improve? I hope it does mate. You’ve got me thinking now about my own eyesight which has got worse when reading in the last few weeks, I never considered that could have been down to Covid I just thought wear and tear and old age was catching up with me, no puns about my age please Shukester, but it makes sense now why you have been posting stuff in the wrong thread 🤓😉

Haha that’s nothing to do with eyesight or covid… just my intelligence 😉

38 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Q code on your phone can be renewed for another thirty days any time, can also get a "hard copy" posted out to you that doesn't expire.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

Thanks for that mate. Looking forward to going back after nearly two years away. Would hate anything to mess it up.

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

I am an official member, and also a member of the mid wales supporters club…. Most my tickets come through them.

Great bunch of people.

You are definitely a member mate😉 I don’t think we will get a season ticket whilst we are still at the Old Lady, our time will be when we are at the new stadium but all good things come to those who wait. Enjoy the Burnley game mate I’ll put in that I hope we see Jarrad gets some minutes if Benitez likes what he’s seeing in training. 

• 2 months later...

It would help if the lad was playing football. He doesn't seem to get a game for the PL2 team and he sure as hell doesn't get a game for us outside of the early cup games.

He needs a loan, or take a chance on his development and put him ahead of Holgate in the pecking order and give him some minutes. 

It's a shame, managers are terrified of giving youth a chance now days.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

It would help if the lad was playing football. He doesn't seem to get a game for the PL2 team and he sure as hell doesn't get a game for us outside of the early cup games.

He needs a loan, or take a chance on his development and put him ahead of Holgate in the pecking order and give him some minutes. 

It's a shame, managers are terrified of giving youth a chance now days.

Lets hope he doesn't speak to Simms or Dobbin who were stopped from featuring for the last U23s game to sit on our bench as we 'chased' an equaliser against Brentford.

23 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Lets hope he doesn't speak to Simms or Dobbin who were stopped from featuring for the last U23s game to sit on our bench as we 'chased' an equaliser against Brentford.

He’s looking to go on loan 

Dobbin has yet to sign his contract.