IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Is the optimism surrounding Branthwaite much more than hope at this point?

Nothing more than hope, for me, as Everton look to be in a near-hopeless situation as we enter the window.

But that’s also why I hope Hafnia’s right, and that his “high hopes” regarding Branthwaite’s talents prove true.

And so I’m interested in any additional comments from TTers who agree with Hafnia that Branthwaite may come good, if given a chance.

In the absence of additional comments reinforcing Hafnia’s assessment, I’ll be reduced to (1) hoping Hafnia’s right — he is, you lot know, plenty of times — or (2) being reduced to hopelessness, temporarily.

13 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Nothing more than hope, for me, as Everton look to be in a near-hopeless situation as we enter the window.

But that’s also why I hope Hafnia’s right, and that his “high hopes” regarding Branthwaite’s talents prove true.

And so I’m interested in any additional comments from TTers who agree with Hafnia that Branthwaite may come good, if given a chance.

In the absence of additional comments reinforcing Hafnia’s assessment, I’ll be reduced to (1) hoping Hafnia’s right — he is, you lot know, plenty of times — or (2) being reduced to hopelessness, temporarily.

My position is that I think he has all the attributes to be a first teamer for us but I have no idea if he'll actually translate that on to the pitch, so I'd just like him to be given the chance so we can see if he's the real deal or not.

We won't know until we give him a go.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I meant why Wolves, not the comment in general.

Because of Coady get on the phone sharpish we could now need him. Could you please send any further requests to my solicitor please Heir Rom of the TT Gastapo 😂

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

My position is that I think he has all the attributes to be a first teamer for us but I have no idea if he'll actually translate that on to the pitch, so I'd just like him to be given the chance so we can see if he's the real deal or not.

We won't know until we give him a go.

But maybe he isn’t prepared to take that opportunity with out any guarantees to the amount of game time he can expect. He was around when we forced both Lookman and Kenny back who both wanted to stay and sign for their respective loan clubs, and then to pretty much dick them around, he’s made it clear he likes it there and wants to stay. So maybe that’s a consideration to take into account. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Considering Coady is a Leicester player I'm not sure what the point would be.

Yes I know I told you earlier it was a joke, Jesus Rom get round Shukes I’m sure he’s got a couple of reds in the fridge, and chill 😎🍷👍

I have watched a few PSV highlights and there is definitely still a naivety about his defending which will only get highlighted more in the Premier League. There is a bit of John Stones about him though with that composure on the ball and he can play. Dyche could be the perfect man to get those defensive levels up. I think he is already at least at Holgate's level (Championship) with a far higher ceiling. 

That Xavi Simons fella is a real player though and Bakayoko can definitely beat a man and could easily play in this league if he can work on his end product.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know the Dutch league isn't the PL (christ, in our eyes nothing is on a par with the PL 😂) but...the kid has spent a year at a big club. Played in Europe. Won a Cup (& a shield...if that counts!), won the European U21s (although only played one game).

Surely he has 'something' that allows him to get given a chance? Keane will always be Keane. That means he's 100x more likely to fuck up than he is to score a memorable goal. Every so often, he'll have a solid game.

We just seem to be a club adverse to giving home players a run in the team. Unless they do a Rooney or Davies straight away.

20 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I know the Dutch league isn't the PL (christ, in our eyes nothing is on a par with the PL 😂) but...the kid has spent a year at a big club. Played in Europe. Won a Cup (& a shield...if that counts!), won the European U21s (although only played one game).

Surely he has 'something' that allows him to get given a chance? Keane will always be Keane. That means he's 100x more likely to fuck up than he is to score a memorable goal. Every so often, he'll have a solid game.

We just seem to be a club adverse to giving home players a run in the team. Unless they do a Rooney or Davies straight away.

He plays today 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m looking forward to seeing him play, we need to change results and the best way is to change the players, as Newty said let’s give him a fair go, hopefully he will surprise a few people and stand up to the pressure. 

Hopefully 👍

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

You'll always be my go to "in the know" Patto

He still wants to leave though which is not a good sign 

he knows he will get a better contract elsewhere the one we are offering is poor. 
if he stays we will have to give him a good contract.