IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

The commentators on Sky seemed surprised how good he was. They weee shocked when he out paced Antonio without breaking sweat. 
I don’t think he did anything special today, don’t mean that as a negative, quite the opposite. I have no fear when he ball goes near him, strikers live in his back pocket. It’s not special anymore, it’s just what he does every week. He’s possibly our best player already. 

Does my head in how often he wins the ball and refs and even linesmen a few feet away give a foul against him. 

Just glad they didn't call a foul in the build up to out goal!!

14 hours ago, StevO said:

The commentators on Sky seemed surprised how good he was. They weee shocked when he out paced Antonio without breaking sweat. 
I don’t think he did anything special today, don’t mean that as a negative, quite the opposite. I have no fear when he ball goes near him, strikers live in his back pocket. It’s not special anymore, it’s just what he does every week. He’s possibly our best player already. 

Does my head in how often he wins the ball and refs and even linesmen a few feet away give a foul against him. 

He made a cracking challenge against the sideline & was given a foul, which happens far too often. Deceptive how quick he is, not rapid but long strides & just eats up the meters.

From Keane, Mina & Holgate to this lad is just chalk & cheese, quality start to the season.

On 30/10/2023 at 05:44, Btay said:

He made a cracking challenge against the sideline & was given a foul, which happens far too often. Deceptive how quick he is, not rapid but long strides & just eats up the meters.

From Keane, Mina & Holgate to this lad is just chalk & cheese, quality start to the season.

We shouldn't underestimate the importance of Tarkowski's experience beside him. You can see them communicating all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually thought it was encouraging from him today. He was really struggling in the first half, especially the first 30 minutes or so. And then I thought he kept working and really turned his performance around in the second half. We haven’t seen him struggle really at all this whole year so watching him bounce back was good to see.

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s hard when Eze is running at you full throttle. It changed in the second half as Eze was stopped running and made to turn more. At this point I thought Branthwaite got to grips with him and improved a lot.

He improved in the second half for sure but still not very good and the weak link.

I'm not having a go like because every player has poor games.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought he was very poor today.

Maybe still feeling the effects of whatever the knock was that he had?

100% agree - been our best player this season but had a stinker yesterday - 2 clear pens in my opinion. Thankfully, apart from whatever he was doing on their second goal, Tarkowski had an excellent game and, although he didn’t have a lot to do, Pickford was quick to cut out danger.

5 hours ago, c1982 said:

100% agree - been our best player this season but had a stinker yesterday - 2 clear pens in my opinion. Thankfully, apart from whatever he was doing on their second goal, Tarkowski had an excellent game and, although he didn’t have a lot to do, Pickford was quick to cut out danger.

2 clear dives from what I've seen 

18 hours ago, Matt said:

2 clear dives from what I've seen 

First was definitely a pen and he can count himself lucky with the 2nd on any other day that could have easily been given. Brainthwaite is still young and learning his trade at the moment is head and age are telling him to make an attempt for every ball without a second thought to the consequences, as he grows in experience his decision making will improve. I wouldn’t knock Eze for any of his game play he was unplayable in spells of the game, I’d love to have him play for us he’d be huge upgrade for Doucoure. So credit where credit is due Eze is a player and Brainthwaite would have learned some valuable lessons playing against a player of Eze’s abilities.  

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

First was definitely a pen and he can count himself lucky with the 2nd on any other day that could have easily been given. Brainthwaite is still young and learning his trade at the moment is head and age are telling him to make an attempt for every ball without a second thought to the consequences, as he grows in experience his decision making will improve. I wouldn’t knock Eze for any of his game play he was unplayable in spells of the game, I’d love to have him play for us he’d be huge upgrade for Doucoure. So credit where credit is due Eze is a player and Brainthwaite would have learned some valuable lessons playing against a player of Eze’s abilities.  

He was collapsing his legs and dragging feet before he got near to Braithwaite in my opinion. Maybe shouldn't have given the opportunity but officials need to do better there. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

He’s got to learn when and where he can stick a leg out for those tackles. Players like Eze willl go down and that could have been two penalties, the one they got was cheap, but he doesn’t need to do that. 
He will learn though, he’s doing brilliantly so far this season. 

exactly this.

Whether it's a pen or not he took as risk by dangling a leg like that in the box.  Eze took a fall but I couldn't be sure from any of those cameras that there wasn't a slight touch.  Had the referee given the penalty they may well have stuck with it.

It was tricky play and the kind of player that will win penalties with quick feet in the box but it's a lesson for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...