IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

56 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

That would be ridiculous to even agree.  A player who is likely to make England debut gets sold for a price circa £30m shy of true value 

The starting point has to be £75m and then you talk add ons.

I know we’re financially a bit fucked but we can’t allow ourselves to be bullied on this one. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The starting point has to be £75m and then you talk add ons.

I know we’re financially a bit fucked but we can’t allow ourselves to be bullied on this one. 

Absolutely, I think Dyche’s interview a few weeks ago In which he alluded to our financial position & not needing to sell is to strengthen our case with Jarod.

I hope he doesn’t go, another season with him will be massive for us to actually build a foundation.

love the fact all these media outlets seem to know Evertons asking price or what team X, Y or Z are will or not willing to pay. They know fuck all, becasue we don't even know who will own the club when the next transfer window opens!! 

If somebody is paying £700 to £800M for the club (plus other stadium costs) - then Branthwaithe value possibly covers around 10% of that!! He is going nowhere without any the new owners having a say on if he goes and how much they will be letting him go for. If nothing else I hope our new owners know how to play hardball in the transfer market. 

If John Stones sold for £50M way back in 2006, then as the owner club I would I'd be slapping a nice round £100m valuation on him - He's a CB that a club could built a whole team around for a decade plus. He is already part of one of the tightest defences in the Premiership and chips in with goals- and argubley first name on our teamsheet. Pay up of fuck off. 

Other clubs are cashing in on £100m transfer fees for in demand player and we should be doing the same. 

4 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

A bit of a let down Jarrad didn't get on today. Being around the squad is ok, but would hoped him to get some minutes. Perhaps vs Belgium. 

I get not throwing him on against Brazil (I would’ve brought him on though personally).

Like you, I’m hoping he gets plenty of minutes against Belgium and think that would be the more ideal game for it as well. 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

If City and Real are getting involved, we need to be waiting for £100m before we continue the first phone call

100 million to City and we keep him on loan for one season, otherwise no sale we will need him next season for our survival.  

He was really poor for their goal last night.

Let Isak cut on to the strong foot and then that little dive to win the ball even though he was nowhere near it was pathetic. It's not the first time he's gone to ground when he shouldn't either but that will come with experience.

Tbh, he's looked off it for a little while. It was to be expected though because there was no way he was going to keep playing the way he was.

• 2 weeks later...