IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

47 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Whatever it takes, get him signed to a long term deal. He will hopefully be part of our team for a very long time, or raise a very large amount of money for us. But with Just 2 years left on his contract we will achieve neither. 

Do those 2 years include the optional extension the club has? I believe we can extend by 1 year at our discretion.

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Great news.

No surprise that he's taken his chance,  already looking like an important player in the team and someone that will only continue to get better.

Hopefully we can keep him and see him at the heart of our defence for a good few years but if nothing else the new contract will protect his value which will be rising by the week.

8 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

Great news.

No surprise that he's taken his chance,  already looking like an important player in the team and someone that will only continue to get better.

Hopefully we can keep him and see him at the heart of our defence for a good few years but if nothing else the new contract will protect his value which will be rising by the week.

That’s from 2021 mate…

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It has an option for an extra year.

Take it as 2 years.  If we are going into the 3rd year and he is on  £15k a week I wouldn’t blame him for leaving on a free. 

reality is, on his current trajectory he will be getting his agent telling him he could earn a minimum £50k a week more.  Isnt Michael Keane on £80k a week? 

He’s got three years left, and we’re skint. Sorry Jarrad, you’re here until 2026 and you’ll be paid peanuts. Deal with it!!

I wonder if the extra money he would get with a pay rise would be worth playing hard ball?

If he was to go on £100k per week for the next three years it would cost us an extra £12/13m or so. We’ll sell him anyway, so fuck it. He can stay on £15k per week. 

12 hours ago, StevO said:

He’s got three years left, and we’re skint. Sorry Jarrad, you’re here until 2026 and you’ll be paid peanuts. Deal with it!!

I wonder if the extra money he would get with a pay rise would be worth playing hard ball?

If he was to go on £100k per week for the next three years it would cost us an extra £12/13m or so. We’ll sell him anyway, so fuck it. He can stay on £15k per week. 

Doesn't really look good to other youngsters though. We should reward players for stepping up, he deserves a new contract if he keeps this up. Revisit in January is my guess. 

15 hours ago, StevO said:

No way. The model we need to promote is buying young potential players who if they step up will be rewarded.  That way we will be a genuinely attractive proposition for young high attractive players with a desire to play rather than be stuck among many others in Chelsea or Man City’s reserves. 

branthwaite, garner etc will be looking at the absolute liabilities like Holgate, Keane, Gomes thinking “that lad has earned more in a month than I will in half a year and hasn’t played a tap”. 

pay players what they deserve, and by that I mean players like Keane, Holgate etc should never have been near what they earn. Branthwaite is quite clearly on the elite trajectory, he’s no flash in the pan. Why risk pissing him off ?