IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

No one will pay £100m for him now, and that's the point of the price tag.

I think it was a great bit of business getting him to sign a new deal, when there was clubs already sniffing about - It gives us the progative to slap a huge price tag on him. This 21 year old is an important part of one of the meanest defences in the Premier League. 

If he continues in the same vain as he has this season - then it would not surprise me if he became the Premier Leagues most expensive defender. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

They can take a running jump. Onana, we can sell. Some others, we can sell. But not Branthwaite.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-transfer-jarrad-branthwaite-32324747

The only way we keep him is to slap a huge valuation on him to try and deter interest, and then to stick to that valuation no matter who comes knocking, even if him and his agent want to talk to certain teams.  

I think he'll want to leave and I won't blame him, and the club will probably see it as a good move as well.

I'd like him to still be here next season but I don't envisage it. It's not like Stones where we knew he wasn't going to be at Everton for a long time but we were in position to keep him for a few years first. The club is an absolute mess these days.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

He and Onana go and we've got £150m to pay off 777s initial "investment". It's going to happen. 

Onana, even though he's young, I agree. In general, though, we should be focused on the future as we strike deals. I'd sell Pickford (and replace with Trafford) before I sold Branthwaite.

You'd think that 777 would want to build on their asset, not tear it down. Having said that, I'm really hoping the rumours about a stealth takeover bid are true.

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Onana, even though he's young, I agree. In general, though, we should be focused on the future as we strike deals. I'd sell Pickford (and replace with Trafford) before I sold Branthwaite.

You'd think that 777 would want to build on their asset, not tear it down. Having said that, I'm really hoping the rumours about a stealth takeover bid are true.

If we're losing 30m a month or whatever it was then they'll look to balance the books first and foremost. Pickford doesn't seem interested in leaving, I'm sure there's been enquiries.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think he'll want to leave and I won't blame him, and the club will probably see it as a good move as well.

I'd like him to still be here next season but I don't envisage it. It's not like Stones where we knew he wasn't going to be at Everton for a long time but we were in position to keep him for a few years first. The club is an absolute mess these days.

I agree, think he will move on. He has more than shown he is ready to step in to most Premier league clubs and demand to be in their starting line up.

If he get called up for England squad, which is a big possibility, we all have seen in the past how that turns heads.

It will all be about extracting the very maximum fee for him. Not many clubs with massive budgets this year, but we have to play Levy type hardball and make clubs pay a premium. At his age a buying club would really have a CB they build a team around - could have him in the team for +12 years. There will be lots of clubs interested in him, we simply have to be ruthless in our demands.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I agree, think he will move on. He has more than shown he is ready to step in to most Premier league clubs and demand to be in their starting line up.

If he get called up for England squad, which is a big possibility, we all have seen in the past how that turns heads.

It will all be about extracting the very maximum fee for him. Not many clubs with massive budgets this year, but we have to play Levy type hardball and make clubs pay a premium. At his age a buying club would really have a CB they build a team around - could have him in the team for +12 years. There will be lots of clubs interested in him, we simply have to be ruthless in our demands.

I'm hoping someone like Real come in for him, he's certainly got the potential

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm hoping someone like Real come in for him, he's certainly got the potential

I think with Carlo at Real it will help us as he seems to be big admirer. Hopefully he tells them to get him in at any cost.

Ideally I wouldn’t sell him, I think he is better than stones was at his age but if it’s a needs must situations.

Personally I think the prices getting thrown around for Onana are mad - he could get there but I think it’s hard for him to show that here.

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We will now start to amazingly find out that he's a very very good player all of a sudden.....  not that we didn't know this already 

And all the inevitable "he should be playing for a bigger club" bullshit trying to unsettle him in our run in 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

And all the inevitable "he should be playing for a bigger club" bullshit trying to unsettle him in our run in 

Hopefully he’s got an old head on young shoulder and he takes it all in his stride. 
If we go down there will be more than him looking to leave, or being shipped out. 
If we stay up to sell him would be a false economy, next season as much as this season we will have to rely on both of our CBs to give us any chance of being able to concentrate on our midfield and forwards, they will be strong enough to help whilst we try to improve elsewhere.

To let Brainthwaite, Tarkowski, Mykolenko, or Pickford leave would be disastrous. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was told it's a done deal to United for £60m in the summer.

To say I'm sceptical of that would be an understatement.

I would be amazed, why join a club with limited finances, a manager under pressure, and team that needs yet another rebuild. He will join City, Arsenal, Madrid and it will be for a hell of allot more than £60 million.