IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Sunday July 26th

markjazzbassist

I don't think Ancelotti has been any improvement whatsoever, why the fook he has them playing out from the back across the six yard line baffles me, got caught out so many times it was ridiculous. Then when we get close to their half we stop and start going backwards again, nobody can put a decent cross into their box.

You didn't see Bournemouth playing it back to their goalkeeper, when they had the ball every thing was forward and put into our box, today we were awful and they pissed all over us.

Thank god we don't have to see any more for a couple of months.

51 minutes ago, Bill said:

Thank god we don't have to see any more for a couple of months.

The most concerning thing is will we be any better when next season kicks off, in my heart I’m praying Ancelotti will make us the team we want to be, but from what I’ve witnessed so far my head is telling me it’s not going to happen. 

Watching the second half on TV today, I was becoming frustrated with our obvious tactic of playing the ball side to side among defenders, moving it up several yards, then passing back again for cross-field passing - rinse and repeat several times while moving play forward several yards each time. Am I alone in finding this approach rather tiresome and ineffective?

Several players were non-entities and need to be shipped out - although I'm sure some won't agree. The most obvious are Walcott and Sigurdsson. Most of the time, I didn't realize the latter was even playing, he was so ineffective. Sadly, Walcott was obvious because of his poor positioning and decision making. I'm not fully convinced about Gomes, I must confess: We need a midfielder with fire, and he's not it. And Pickford really must go. I remain very much in favor of a deal swapping him to United for Dean Henderson plus cash.

On the positive side, Baines played well. The youngsters shone today, especially Kean and IMO young Gordon.

Thoughts on Howe being let go or staying on?

from the moment they got promoted you knew it was only a matter of time till they were relegated.  Howe seem to be a great motivator and organizer But his recruitment has been pretty awful.  I think they will keep him just because they don’t have any better option.  Hopefully they can run the championship next year and be back.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

from the moment they got promoted you knew it was only a matter of time till they were relegated.  Howe seem to be a great motivator and organizer But his recruitment has been pretty awful.  I think they will keep him just because they don’t have any better option.  Hopefully they can run the championship next year and be back.

He'll stay but all he is is a nice man, but poor manager.

It terrified me whenever we were linked with him becoming our next manager. And the fact that a good amount of our fans wanted it was very worrying. I feel very confident we'd have been sat in the Championship now if we'd gone near him.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He'll stay but all he is is a nice man, but poor manager.

It terrified me whenever we were linked with him becoming our next manager. And the fact that a good amount of our fans wanted it was very worrying. I feel very confident we'd have been sat in the Championship now if we'd gone near him.

Jim White has just questioned why Everton went for Carlo and not Moyes...…. ffs  - they just love getting stuck into us and supporting one of their boys.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

It surprises me no one on tv has mentioned VAR involvement in Bournemouth's relegation, Villa stayed up because they did not allow Sheff utd goal that clearly crossed the line.

I know you are relegated over 38 games, but without that howler Villa would be down. Mr Oliver has a lot to answer for.

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I think Bournemouth should sue for millions in compensation. The only reason they are relegated is that atrocious VAR decision that stole the Blades' victory over Villa.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I think Bournemouth should sue for millions in compensation. The only reason they are relegated is that atrocious VAR decision that stole the Blades' victory over Villa.

Refs basically control who wins the league and don't give a dick about relegating teams. 

On 27/07/2020 at 14:03, Cornish Steve said:

It wasn’t VAR it was Hawkeye and in fairness to that system until then it had been flawless. That changed the game but no one knows for sure whether it would have changed the result.