IGNORED

Spurs (Away) 13.09.2020

Zoo 2.0

27 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

James is the type of player who will stop opponents commiting forward  - previously we took so long getting an attack together that we allowed teams to regroup.  He is so quick witted, he takes the opportunity to pick the holes and executes a pass perfectly.

Teams will be so cautious with him around. 

I think this is right. There just seemed like there was so much more space on the field when James had the ball. I think that's why Seamus had such a good game--he had so much more room to work with and make runs in. I have not been this excited about the team since I became a fan seven-ish years ago. Exciting times.

2 hours ago, milesey05 said:

Was excited when I saw the starting 11. 
Probably the best I have seen for a few years.

Gutted my James new shirts didn’t arrive in time for myself and nipper ( bloody Hermes).

Solid performance away from home.

Happy Blue from down south.

Hermes are a shit courier!

Sorry for being tardy to the party, didn't get to watch until last night. Longest time I've avoided football news and social media in a LONG time. Because that match was so amazing and my/our expectations have skyrocketed for the season I'd just like to point out a few things moving forward:

1. Hopefully we made Spurs look bad but I'm not confident that Spurs were ready for that match. They looked woeful. 

2. Team shape - absolutely fantastic. It allows every player to thrive. Carlo is even beyond my wildest dreams. Just an incredible footballing mind. 

3. Defined roles - I love how the bench roles are now clearly defined as well. Delph for Allan, Davies for Doucoure, Siggy for Gomes, Walcott for James, Kean for DCL. That allows the subs to be more effective when they come on. They'll change depending on if we're chasing or leading the game but going into every match they'll know where they're meant to play. So important. 

4. Holes - We still lack depth at important positions. Should Allan get hurt will Delph be fit or can Doucoure fill that role and then Davies fills Doucoure's? Obviously Walcott cannot fill James' shoes so he better stay fit. The one that worries me most is Richarlison. The assumption is Kean and DCL could partner up top but I don't think that's a recipe for success. I realize I'm asking for depth for probably our two best and most dynamic players which isn't easy but we won't be able to field that starting XI every week and if we want to achieve our goals we need to think about how to fill those boots when they'll inevitably be out for a period of time.  

We've all been here before. It's the hope that kills you and good lord am I filled with hope right now. 

20 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Sorry for being tardy to the party, didn't get to watch until last night. Longest time I've avoided football news and social media in a LONG time. Because that match was so amazing and my/our expectations have skyrocketed for the season I'd just like to point out a few things moving forward:

1. Hopefully we made Spurs look bad but I'm not confident that Spurs were ready for that match. They looked woeful. 

2. Team shape - absolutely fantastic. It allows every player to thrive. Carlo is even beyond my wildest dreams. Just an incredible footballing mind. 

3. Defined roles - I love how the bench roles are now clearly defined as well. Delph for Allan, Davies for Doucoure, Siggy for Gomes, Walcott for James, Kean for DCL. That allows the subs to be more effective when they come on. They'll change depending on if we're chasing or leading the game but going into every match they'll know where they're meant to play. So important. 

4. Holes - We still lack depth at important positions. Should Allan get hurt will Delph be fit or can Doucoure fill that role and then Davies fills Doucoure's? Obviously Walcott cannot fill James' shoes so he better stay fit. The one that worries me most is Richarlison. The assumption is Kean and DCL could partner up top but I don't think that's a recipe for success. I realize I'm asking for depth for probably our two best and most dynamic players which isn't easy but we won't be able to field that starting XI every week and if we want to achieve our goals we need to think about how to fill those boots when they'll inevitably be out for a period of time.  

We've all been here before. It's the hope that kills you and good lord am I filled with hope right now.