IGNORED

Spurs (Away) 13.09.2020

Zoo 2.0

Get in, how great was that!? 

It was brilliant to see them all thrown in but even better to see them perform as they did. I don't think anyone played badly either. There may have been a couple that you would have hoped for a little more but that was such an improvement on last season. 

A couple worthy of a mention.  Doucoure was probably my motm. He was everywhere and he could have ended the game with a couple of assists and a couple of goal saving challenges. 

Allan wasn't far off. He looks a bit slow over long distances but he is sharp over 5-10 yards, he is a leader and he looks to have a brain on him.

I'm not quite what to say about James, but I have never seen a footballer for Everton just have so much command of the game with the ball at his feet. It doesnt seem to matter where you pass it to him or how hard it is, as his first touch just kills the ball dead. 

A nod should go to some of the guys at the back too. Pickford was faultless and it was good to see him come off his line at the end. Mina was commanding at the back and Seamus rolled back the years again. 

Richarlison got better as the game went on but he should have scored at least one. He was a bit sulky early on but by the end of the game they couldn't touch him. I think DCL did well too. It was the type of performance he gives but when it went long to him or there was a ball to win like he did for the goal then he was winning it. 

This is just the type of game we must win to make the top tier again. We’ve positively shoved Spurs behind us. We must do the same to Chelsea, Leicester, and Arsenal. Next we have two games in which to really build up some steam and for that midfield to become a dynamic and creative rock (if that makes sense).