IGNORED

Fulham (Away) Saturday 21 November

markjazzbassist

13 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Mina seems to be a stride behind everything. More reactive defending than proactive. 

I think its harsh to pin that on Mina and then not on Allan and Keane who don't react to the danger before the ball gets anywhere near Mina. Don't get me wrong, Mina turns like a cruise liner but the others before him should share the brunt too.

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

I get what you mean but it should never have got there. Really wound me up that Mina tried to pull the guy back as he shoots. It’s that utter stupidity is why I never want him in the team, he is a walking liability 

Personally I would have done the same to an extent. Do enough to put the guy off but not enough to give away a pen or get sent off. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I think its harsh to pin that on Mina and then not on Allan and Keane who don't react to the danger before the ball gets anywhere near Mina. Don't get me wrong, Mina turns like a cruise liner but the others before him should share the brunt too.

Personally I would have done the same to an extent. Do enough to put the guy off but not enough to give away a pen or get sent off. 

If the Fulham guy missed it’s a pen and a card. If he was leaning in I’d agree, but he wasn’t. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Richarlison has been so good in this game at making challenges and breaking up play. Its massively underrated (or at least was before his ban). I dont think many attacking players realise how little things like that make a big difference to how the defenders do their job. 

I've said for ages that even when he plays shite he's worth his place for competitive nature alone.  He wins fouls, he stops play, he is a pain in the arse. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think Pickford is probably right to have a go at Godfrey there. He didn't even attempt to go out and press the ball. 

I think a goalkeeper who throws one into his own net most weeks and has teammates showing courtesy and support for him should shut his mouth.  He fucking spilled a speculative effort from 30 yards 

If Godfrey pressed and was beaten then he would get slated. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I think a goalkeeper who throws one into his own net most weeks and has teammates showing courtesy and support for him should shut his mouth.  He fucking spilled a speculative effort from 30 yards 

If Godfrey pressed and was beaten then he would get slated. 

No thats not how it works. If you make mistakes you don't hide and go into your shell. 

Godfrey has to press, it doesnt mean he has to dive in, he just has to stop the shot. Basic defending.