IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Saturday 13 March

markjazzbassist

Not a single first team goalkeeper in the squad now, fucking brilliant. Hoping that Virginia can keep a clean sheet but he's in untrained territory here, just desperate to see either Jordan or Robin back for the next game. 

As for the game we haven't been totally shit, but when you give away cheap goals like we have you cant expect points and you can't expect Europe if you give away points to the likes of Burnley. 

Sort our heads out and we can still win this as Burnley are wank, but we seem to have this fascination with spunking our home games up the wall.

Such a poor half of football. They have well and truly outplayed us. They have pressed us high up the pitch as well at times. Everything about how they play is at such a higher intensity. 

We definitely have the quality to turn this around but I don't know if we are good enough to stop them scoring again because we have been awful defensively. The midfield are chasing shadows, the centre backs are too passive. Up front Richarlison is the one getting into good positions, with Iwobi when he was off the striker but Dom is stretching them and really should have done better in a few situations. 

A big second half is coming.

Strikes me that too often our players think minnows should acknowledge Everton are a “big club,” so Everton should just be allowed to win.  Our players seem — shouldn’t be true but often looks/feels — to want to win because their wages are more impressive than “inferior” opponents.

Too little fire, too little fierce determination, too much lackadaisical overconfidence.

Rocket up their backsides second half, I hope.