IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Saturday 13 March

markjazzbassist

5 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Even in the games we have won we have been shit its something like 17 games since we had more shots than the opposition 

He's pragmatic enough to know that we can't outscore sides. The squad is still weak as piss... This was a side that was heading for relegation.... He's not spent much on it. 

Don't normally comment straight after the match, but this is shocking, against bottom 6 sides they all impose their games on us, never the other way round.

Shows the game against the red shite was a fluke and not the norm.

This team does not need tweaking, it needs major surgery.

After Allan and dac non of the midfield is good enough, DCL has had his purple patch, and as for touch he does not have any. we need a regular goal scorer, who can also play, not just head a ball, yes he scored but should have had 2 or 3

This is a rant but time for excuses has run out, a change in style and personal are needed.

Forget champions league, im no fan of Europa league, to many games, of poor quality.

We need a season of re-building with no distractions, other than domestic trophy's. 

Sorry to repeat a halftime comment, but too many Everton players look as if they think they should not have to outwork smaller clubs in order to win.  Lost 9 points at home to clubs with “inferior talent.”  Either they (and maybe we, including me) have significantly overrated the talent in our squad, or they lack the intangibles that constitute “fight.”

We know our team doesn’t have enough pace.  Combine that with a lack of passion against smaller clubs, and the result is that time and again opponents beat our players to the ball.  Again today we were a step behind physically and mentally.

I suspect teams throughout the league think: “Everton are soft.”

Another really poor showing. I go back to the Liverpool game when I said all the things we failed to show again today. You can't just click your fingers and expect a change from the players in their patterns of play. We barely put a passage of good passes together. The majority of our chances came from one off balls. In defence we had so little intensity in our press and we sit too deep leaving some much space between the midfield and the defence. You can't do that and expect to win games. That isnt good or bad players, that is down to not enough work on the training ground. You can see that when you compare our performance to that of Burnley. They were organised in attack and defence. 

In terms of individual performances it was a mixed bag.

I am gutted to see Pickford injured because he is in good form but Virginia played well. Yes there was a mix up with Godfrey but the CB should be dealing with that as it hits him. 

Digne was much of nothing again. He is best linking up with his winger, just like Baines of old but there is no-one ahead of him most of the time. He needs to stop screaming like a child too. 

Keane and Godrey were again far too negative. Keane was the better of the two on overall play but he was beaten by Wood too often. Godfrey needs to find some bollocks. Even the block shot he only gets there with his hand. I don't know why someone that quick and strong gives the attacker so much space. 

Holgate was poor again. I just don't know what goes through his head, if anything. I am amazed he started with Coleman fit again and even more amazed that Carlo let him run into dead ends for 70 minutes. 

Allan was shocking in the first half. I think that was his worst half by far. His role in the second goal was schoolboy. He got better as the game went on then he became a bit of a passenger as we started to push forward because that isnt his game.

Davies was rivalling Allan for a shocking first half, at least until his assist. It was a cracking cross too. He built on that as the game went on and I was surprised when he went off because he offers more on the ball than Allan, albeit he offers much less defensively. 

Gomes was probably my MOTM. He is definitely back to his best form. His confidence is up and he was spraying the ball around. He was really good at just taking little touches and faints to create little moments of space that we never capitalised on. His left foot is as good as his right.

Iwobi started in a 10 role and he was really lively. He was in little pockets of space and his movement was dragging the Burnley midfield around. The problem with that was that we had no width whatsoever. When he then moved into the wide positions he had a useless Holgate as support. He got more involved again when Coleman came on however those two are on completely different wavelengths.

Richarlison found himself in decent spaces but nothing came of it. There was no link up or build up play off him. As the second half went on he disappeared. 

Dom, Dom, Dom. Aarrgghh. I have said about Doucoure the other week doing all the right things with the right intentions but it not coming off and I think Dom took it upon himself to take over that mantle. The only thing he didnt fuck up was the goal but everything else he singlehandedly ruined. If you didnt know better you would say he was match fixing. He needs to stop diving as well.

Coleman was positive when he came on. Very little quality but his energy was very welcome. Oh and the fact he didnt just run into the defender and then give a foul away. 

King is still not integrated into the side which is unsurprising as most of the team don't look as though they have played with each other before either. One decent ball into Richarlison but that was it.

On 08/03/2021 at 21:42, Romey 1878 said:

Easy money.

It's a bit annoying that so many of our fans talk about sides like Burnley and West Brom like they do. On the whole they play better football than us - West Brom were a much better footballing side than us when they played us but before the game it was all about how they'd kick us and not attack. It was absolute bollocks and I fully expect Burnley to be more the more threatening side on Saturday. Just like West Brom were.

I definitely did not see today coming. Not at all.

2 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Sam Allardyce was sacked for playing the exact same way we are playing under Ancelotti 

I actually think the football may have been better under Fat Sam. 

Carlo has funds in the summer so let’s hope he can bring in a few decent players. 

If we end up without Europe, next season will once again be make or break. We need a squad strong enough to cope with players out through injury. I've felt all season that a couple of players out is seriously detrimental to us and this was made crystal clear when playing City and Chelsea whose benches put ours to shame.

The game was as poor as we have seen all season, Burnley didnt just nick a goal to win it, they could have have had a lot more. We where soundly beaten. 

As a one off game, we could maybe be looking at our too most creative players in James and Gylfi missing, worryingly it not a one off. 

Our front players where a little devoid of movement, and our 'creators' where devoid of any cutting passes.

The only excuse I can come up with is that Allan, Davies, Gomes and Iwobi is not a midfelid combination that has spend any sort of time together as a playing formatiom. They did massively struggle as a quartet. Also how many Premier League  goals have come from this four this season? Or indeed assists - not a great deal. 

Injuries have massivly impacted this campain, and we really don't have the depth to deal with them.

The only width in the game was from Digne, and his delivery was not up to his usualy standard. Coleman must not be near match fit, as we definately had another attacking outlet once he came on. We have sorely miss an attacking right back in the home games againt lowe league time. We are just not been streching team across the whole pitch. 

The effect Coleman missing a large number of games this season just can't be under estimated, partcular for home games. 

As a team, we now actually do have a solid core when personnel are available, and i don't have any doubts that we will be recruiting in the right areas.

I do find it a little frustrating when people are calling out Ancelloti.

This is a team being built over a couple of seasons and it does not happen over night. 

First you get a solid core sorted, then you add the frills. 

We have been guilt of trying to hurry with the frills in the past!!!. 

I have every faith we are moving forward, but in a correct and in a sustainable way. As frustrating as it is at times us not playing like a top 4 team!!. 

17 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

The game was as poor as we have seen all season, Burnley didnt just nick a goal to win it, they could have have had a lot more. We where soundly beaten. 

As a one off game, we could maybe be looking at our too most creative players in James and Gylfi missing, worryingly it not a one off. 

Our front players where a little devoid of movement, and our 'creators' where devoid of any cutting passes.

The only excuse I can come up with is that Allan, Davies, Gomes and Iwobi is not a midfelid combination that has spend any sort of time together as a playing formatiom. They did massively struggle as a quartet. Also how many Premier League  goals have come from this four this season? Or indeed assists - not a great deal. 

Injuries have massivly impacted this campain, and we really don't have the depth to deal with them.

The only width in the game was from Digne, and his delivery was not up to his usualy standard. Coleman must not be near match fit, as we definately had another attacking outlet once he came on. We have sorely miss an attacking right back in the home games againt lowe league time. We are just not been streching team across the whole pitch. 

The effect Coleman missing a large number of games this season just can't be under estimated, partcular for home games. 

As a team, we now actually do have a solid core when personnel are available, and i don't have any doubts that we will be recruiting in the right areas.

I do find it a little frustrating when people are calling out Ancelloti.

This is a team being built over a couple of seasons and it does not happen over night. 

First you get a solid core sorted, then you add the frills. 

We have been guilt of trying to hurry with the frills in the past!!!. 

I have every faith we are moving forward, but in a correct and in a sustainable way. As frustrating as it is at times us not playing like a top 4 team!!. 

We are not playing like any sort of team at the moment.

Out classed by Fulham and Burnley and pretty much grinding out ugly wins.

I don’t think anyone on here doubts the class of Carlo and his record speaks for itself.

With time and money he can hopefully turn us into a force but let’s not hide away from a simple fact.

We are losing against weaker opposition when starting with the better players!!

Not just losing with bad luck but losing because we deserved to.

Burnley moved the ball with speed and purpose and at times tore us a new one...Fucking Burnley!!

Yesterday I didn’t see any link up play or fluidity, defence, midfield and attack were like different departments at work, it was another typical Everton performance that we have seen for most of the season.

Football can be a bit like poker! You can win a few games at the start with a bit luck/good fortune but that can only take you so far.

Eventually, if you want to compete with the big boys skill, reading the game and over powering your opponents is needed to win.

Everton are still playing like beginners at the moment.

16 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Sorry to repeat a halftime comment, but too many Everton players look as if they think they should not have to outwork smaller clubs in order to win.  Lost 9 points at home to clubs with “inferior talent.”  Either they (and maybe we, including me) have significantly overrated the talent in our squad, or they lack the intangibles that constitute “fight.”

We know our team doesn’t have enough pace.  Combine that with a lack of passion against smaller clubs, and the result is that time and again opponents beat our players to the ball.  Again today we were a step behind physically and mentally.

I suspect teams throughout the league think: “Everton are soft.”

Agree with this and would also add that when we play the top teams in the division we  seem to have the mental attitude that 'we can't win this one'.  When we play our best, it seems to be against those sides who are a similar level to us. We know it's going to be hard but we have a chance of a win, so we work hard.  It's a psychological problem which is down to the manager to sort out.

The other (and major) problem is that we only have the bare bones of decent Premiership players.  The bench is mostly Championship level players and we can't afford many injuries.

Personally I think we had at max 4 players out there who have genuine ability to bring the ball under control and play, Richarlison Gomes Allan and Iwobi, then we had the hard workers DCL Davies Godfrey and Keane, then the did nothing of any worth including subs Holgate Digne Coleman and King. What concerns me is the lack of ability in the team, to many players who haven’t got the ability to receive a ball and not keep it close so it can’t be easily taken, to many who haven’t made a decision to what’s available to them when they receive the ball, so if they control it they get caught in possession because of taking to long on the ball. What we have to remember is that we had 2 players on the pitch that were bought in by Ancelotti or 3 if you include King, this isn’t Carlo’s team 2 of his better acquisitions are out injured and one is just coming back from a longish time out. Next season with another 2-3 of his own signings we will see a better team with more players of genuine ability. 

I’m on an island here but I actually thought we played well yesterday. From what we’ve seen recently we created plenty of chances yesterday. DCL had two others he’ll feel he should have scored. We defended well. Burnley played some great football and I’m inclined to give them credit rather than say it’s all down to us being easy to play against. Their two goals were a terrible giveaway in midfield and a Puskas nominee, nothing to blame on back 4 or Pickford. Holgate was shocking again and unfortunately Davies was poor. Gomes was Motm for me. the South Americans don’t travel for intl break so let’s get everyone fit and take it to Palace to start the sprint to the finish on a high. 

Biggest thing now is getting Olsen fit before fa cup match. Virginia did well but he looked like he was about to piss himself the entire time.

For next season we can be a complete squad with another CM and a RB. Find two other squad players and we’ll be in a really good spot. It’s difficult to beat anybody when you have two gaping holes on the pitch for 90 mins. 

5 hours ago, johnh said:

Agree with this and would also add that when we play the top teams in the division we  seem to have the mental attitude that 'we can't win this one'.  When we play our best, it seems to be against those sides who are a similar level to us. We know it's going to be hard but we have a chance of a win, so we work hard.  It's a psychological problem which is down to the manager to sort out.

The other (and major) problem is that we only have the bare bones of decent Premiership players.  The bench is mostly Championship level players and we can't afford many injuries.

We play the same way against the big sides. We dig in and hope to nick a goal. Its the same home and away too. 

In respect of your last point, if we only have the bare bones of a PL side, how many did Burnley have? 

The key problem is we are struggling to create or strech team that much when we dominate possesion or in games when we should be taking the initiative.

We are just a team who are better defensively than offensively at the moment. 

We just need two or three decent offensive players to join this next transfer window and I am sure that side of our player will click, much like our defensive set up has done this season.

Unfortunatly, James, our most creative player has not been available, and we don't have enough depth to cover him. Gylfi being out didn't help yesterday either, and Iwobi just hasn't stepped up.