IGNORED

Demarai Gray

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s not about individual names it’s about the depth of the squad, look at our bench for the Sheffield game one of the worst benches we’ve put out. We improved our forwards in depth our wingers have stayed static, the midfield and defence are weaker. It’s generally accepted in football that our squad is weaker than last season, we are 3-4 injuries away from disaster and that was before Iwobi left who could cover 4 positions.  

we were 3-4 injuries away from disaster last season also. I don't think anything has changed there - our squad is still paper thin its Just better quality this year.

of 6 position groups we are way better in quality and NO worse off in numbers in 3 of them (FB, WIDE and FWD). I'd say it's a push on 2 (GK and MID)....we can debate CB. 

Most of the folks who left didn't even make the bench last year and those that did have generally been replaced by better talent. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

That desperately he put a transfer request in, he fell out with Rafa and refused to play in the manager’s system, you can’t have double standards mate, Digne and Gray are either both right or both wrong it’s black or white there’s no Grey area’s.  

I think there are some differences in the situations… Digne questioned why our tactics were so derensive - in which Rafa took offence and exiled him. The. After he sold him he went to a system with 3 cb’s & wing backs (which would have suited Digne perfectly). We played 2 RB’s as well at this point.

Gray has been punished for not being to trainings on time or matches on time. There is a difference

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

That desperately he put a transfer request in, he fell out with Rafa and refused to play in the manager’s system, you can’t have double standards mate, Digne and Gray are either both right or both wrong it’s black or white there’s no Grey area’s.  

Caught it haha!

But honestly mate they are two different scenarios.

One was wanting better for the club and still training hard and acting professional.

One wanted the best for himself, turned up late and acted unprofessional. 

You can compare the two, but logic should come to the conclusion that they are two different scenarios.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Caught it haha!

But honestly mate they are two different scenarios.

One was wanting better for the club and still training hard and acting professional.

One wanted the best for himself, turned up late and acted unprofessional. 

You can compare the two, but logic should come to the conclusion that they are two different scenarios.

They are the same players dictating to the club what they are prepared to do and not do, as Haf pointed out regardless of who the manager is players must remain professional and do what’s required of them whether they like it or not that’s what they are paid to do. So if you find Gray was wrong then you have to find Digne wrong for his actions they amount to the same thing. If you can’t grasp that then there’s no point discussing it further. 

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They are the same players dictating to the club what they are prepared to do and not do, as Haf pointed out regardless of who the manager is players must remain professional and do what’s required of them whether they like it or not that’s what they are paid to do. So if you find Gray was wrong then you have to find Digne wrong for his actions they amount to the same thing. If you can’t grasp that then there’s no point discussing it further. 

But Digne didn’t stop training. He did t stop playing, he didn’t turn up late, he didn’t force his way out of the club. 

He just didn’t agree with the manager’s philosophy of playing, that’s all. Is that a bad thing? 

You’re right though there is no point in discussing it further if you believe in a dictatorship where no one can have a voice. I’ll stick with my democratic views. I run a business myself and welcome criticism. It’s healthy for my staff and encourages them to come up with solutions for problems. 

Palfy you seek to want to fight everything I say at the moment mate. I can only presume I have upset you somehow. And I’m sorry for that mate. 
If I have offended you it wasn’t meant…. You’re right I go to far with my arguments sometimes and it doesn’t come across well. Sorry mate, I still love you just as much as I hate you haha 😉

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Digne was forced out. Gray is making a stink to get a move. It really is that simple.

Not remotely the same thing. If you can't grasp that then that's no point in discussing it further.

;)

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

But Digne didn’t stop training. He did t stop playing, he didn’t turn up late, he didn’t force his way out of the club. 

He just didn’t agree with the manager’s philosophy of playing, that’s all. Is that a bad thing? 

You’re right though there is no point in discussing it further if you believe in a dictatorship where no one can have a voice. I’ll stick with my democratic views. I run a business myself and welcome criticism. It’s healthy for my staff and encourages them to come up with solutions for problems. 

Palfy you seek to want to fight everything I say at the moment mate. I can only presume I have upset you somehow. And I’m sorry for that mate. 
If I have offended you it wasn’t meant…. You’re right I go to far with my arguments sometimes and it doesn’t come across well. Sorry mate, I still love you just as much as I hate you haha 😉

Better love story than Twilight with you guys 🥰🥰

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I sum that up as “I expect to be a starter & I’m not willing to fight for my place”

We have had serious issues in just about every department of this club for past years - player effort being one of the most concerning. Our motto sums up what should be minimum expectation & Dimi has fallen well short of that.

30 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

I didn't think he did but I wasn't there! Corrected.

You didn’t want to believe he did, because you wanted to put all the blame on Rafa, as I said to Liz Taylor Digne’s actions amount to same as Gray’s, I think the reactions of 1000s of fans and possibly the fans who have been protesting for years against this board speaks volumes, they know the difference between right and wrong. 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

8m apparently. Quite light if you ask me considering his age and the market buying him but oh well.

I had read 10m just before but regardless it’s a decent profit on a player who wasn’t going to see minutes. Shame it didn’t happen a week ago & we could have re invested the money.

Harrison & Mcneil will provide more on the wings than Gray did. Dobbin can be our live wire winger with suspect end product this year.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

He refused to play the way Rafa wanted him to, he wanted it to be about him and his wants and needs and fuck the club and his team mates. He told his agent to get him out the club he can’t play for Rafa and put in a transfer request. 

Just now, Palfy said:

He refused to play the way Rafa wanted him to, he wanted it to be about him and his wants and needs and fuck the club and his team mates. He told his agent to get him out the club he can’t play for Rafa and put in a transfer request. 

I felt he spoke up about tactics we were all questioning at the time. Right or wrong the fact Rafa made tactical changes after Digne left showed how inept Rafa was.

Just now, Btay said:

I felt he spoke up about tactics we were all questioning at the time. Right or wrong the fact Rafa made tactical changes after Digne left showed how inept Rafa was.

So what’s your point players should be allowed to do what they want, and not what the manager want's. Don’t you grasp that fact no matter who the manager is players are being paid and their licenses are owned to do what the club require of them, and it’s not up for debate. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

So what’s your point players should be allowed to do what they want, and not what the manager want's. Don’t you grasp that fact no matter who the manager is players are being paid and their licenses are owned to do what the club require of them, and it’s not up for debate. 

No not at all but I feel there should be a space for open discussion- which is what I feel the Digne situation was & Rafa went over the top to assert authority. Ultimately I agree but different situations in this circumstance for me.

Edit - I’ll add as I have added for a long, long time - I have wanted out players to hold more accountability since the Martinez days and do not for a second condone some of the behaviour our players have shown the last years.

Just now, Btay said:

No not at all but I feel there should be a space for open discussion- which is what I feel the Digne situation was & Rafa went over the top to assert authority. Ultimately I agree but different situations in this circumstance for me.

Mate they didn’t have a discussion they had full blown argument in training, let’s leave it now I can see how blinkered you are with it was alright for Digne to do what he did but not alright for Gray for doing pretty much the same thing. As for me I said Digne had to go at the time because he’s not bigger than the team, and I have consistently said Gray as to go. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Let's say you've got an employee who's got concerns about your management style. Do you listen to them or send them to your competition?

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Mate they didn’t have a discussion they had full blown argument in training, let’s leave it now I can see how blinkered you are with it was alright for Digne to do what he did but not alright for Gray for doing pretty much the same thing. As for me I said Digne had to go at the time because he’s not bigger than the team, and I have consistently said Gray as to go. 

Apologies mate I was under the assumption it was a civil chat between Digne & Rafa - I agree with you that it shouldn’t come to that between player and manager. I’m not blinkered at all - I am 100% club first and sick to death of players picking up a wage our club whilst thinking they are above us.

Also, I’m about 6 cocktails deep at the moment & feel this is the point I no longer start making as much sense as I would like! Despite differing opinions on some things I do enjoy you mate ✌🏻

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Let's say you've got an employee who's got concerns about your management style. Do you listen to them or send them to your competition?

I would have a discussion with them behind closed doors about their concerns but I wouldn’t change my management style to suit one or two people out of 70-80 who get on with what I ask of them. But if said person or persons called me out in front of other employees and questioned my decisions, as it hasn’t happened to me before I can’t say, but thinking about it I would tell them to pack up and fuck off and gladly see them go to my competitors and let them deal with people who aren’t team players and be happy that they now have to deal with the problem that type of person brings. 

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

Apologies mate I was under the assumption it was a civil chat between Digne & Rafa - I agree with you that it shouldn’t come to that between player and manager. I’m not blinkered at all - I am 100% club first and sick to death of players picking up a wage our club whilst thinking they are above us.

Also, I’m about 6 cocktails deep at the moment & feel this is the point I no longer start making as much sense as I would like! Despite differing opinions on some things I do enjoy you mate ✌🏻

I wish I was sat with you Btay drinking cocktails 🍹 seems a lot more fun than talking about 2 ex players that are history now as far as Everton are concerned. Enjoy your vacation mate you lucky f**ker