IGNORED

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

You could imagine a whole lot of scenarios for and against both Dyche and Gray. Imagine your manager doesn’t give you opportunities to show your worth and doesn’t involve you in what the company are trying to accomplish, so much so that in vital team meetings he selects 3 people that can only add the same information and knowledge and doesn’t invite you to meeting even though you feel you would be a better option than having 3 people who can only perform the same task. Then imagine you go on a business trip and when you get back someone has been taken on to cover your role and they have emptied your desk and given it to the new employee, and imagine when you complained about how you were treated you were  perceived as the guilty party because you had said something similar at another company. And finally imagine what it’s like having to work at company were you feel unwanted and undervalued, because it happens day in and day out and can have a very negative impact on someone’s own worth and health, imagine if that was you who had been treated that way what would you do. 
Apologies for sounding like John Lennon. 

Imagine being in a job where you're paid more money than you'll ever need even if you fail. You've been the bosses pet since you arrived and gotten away with not doing any extra work, only do your hours on the contract and job description. You've done this for years because you show moments of magic and people give you the benefit of the doubt because you occasionally deliver exceptional things. But all of the previous bosses have been fired for failing to improve the company, and the new guy comes in and stresses discipline and work ethic as a team, not just individuals. Then you turn up late to key meetings because you're in a huff or whatever, can't be bothered finishing that test run because it's not the real thing anyway, etc. on top of historical precedent (within the company and in a previous company) of this behaviour. This happens day in and day out, just in my experience they usually get promoted...

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

You could imagine a whole lot of scenarios for and against both Dyche and Gray. Imagine your manager doesn’t give you opportunities to show your worth and doesn’t involve you in what the company are trying to accomplish, so much so that in vital team meetings he selects 3 people that can only add the same information and knowledge and doesn’t invite you to meeting even though you feel you would be a better option than having 3 people who can only perform the same task. Then imagine you go on a business trip and when you get back someone has been taken on to cover your role and they have emptied your desk and given it to the new employee, and imagine when you complained about how you were treated you were  perceived as the guilty party because you had said something similar at another company. And finally imagine what it’s like having to work at company were you feel unwanted and undervalued, because it happens day in and day out and can have a very negative impact on someone’s own worth and health, imagine if that was you who had been treated that way what would you do. 
Apologies for sounding like John Lennon. 

But my scenario is based on the few facts available. Yours is not.

18 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

But my scenario is based on the few facts available. Yours is not.

So is mine then I used my imagination as you did, be honest Cornish you have no proven hard facts as to what happened just media speculation, unless of course you wish to furnish me with the concrete facts, personally I think you have just jumped on the bandwagon to come up with scenarios that as you imagine are fact. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

So is mine then I used my imagination as you did, be honest Cornish you have no proven hard facts as to what happened just media speculation, unless of course you wish to furnish me with the concrete facts, personally I think you have just jumped on the bandwagon to come up with scenarios that as you imagine are fact. 

Fact: Gray posted a deliberately negative comment about his manager.

Fact: It's all over the news media, including the BBC.

Fact: The words he chose to use are virtually identical to what he posted when leaving Leicester.

Likely: It'll be raised as an unwanted distraction in upcoming interviews with Dyche.

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

So what you're saying is, with gray, nothing is black or white.

No I’m asking you for your evidence, I don’t know what happened but I’m not willing to appoint the blame for the breakdown in relationship at the door of one person based on media speculation. So we no Dyche took his shirt and gave it to someone else, now if that happened without a discussion with Gray or a discussion that was this is what I’m doing like it or not, I think most people would find that they had been disrespected, so can we discount that as the reason Gray said what he said. The honest answer is I don’t know what has happened between him and Dyche and if you are being honest neither do you or anyone on here know for sure what has happened that led to Gray saying that about Dyche. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No I’m asking you for your evidence, I don’t know what happened but I’m not willing to appoint the blame for the breakdown in relationship at the door of one person based on media speculation. So we no Dyche took his shirt and gave it to someone else, now if that happened without a discussion with Gray or a discussion that was this is what I’m doing like it or not, I think most people would find that they had been disrespected, so can we discount that as the reason Gray said what he said. The honest answer is I don’t know what has happened between him and Dyche and if you are being honest neither do you or anyone on here know for sure what has happened that led to Gray saying that about Dyche. 

You missed my pun. :( 

2 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

I keep digging myself into a deeper hole.. I'll continue to read posts, participate in the predictions and enjoy site though.. refrain from posting much

No need to refrain from anything. That little exchange earlier was entertaining and what makes this forum fun. 

We all out have our moments. But the banter is generally in good heart. Keep posting!

49 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Great post, sounds like both groups in this debate are admitting they don't actually know very much and the majority is speculation. 

Gray - posted an unprofessional comment in the public domain, as he did at Leicester. 

Club - gave his number to someone else and blocked a transfer move

outside of that, I'm not sure we know much else with certainty, other than it's yet another distracting side show that we could do without.

On 02/09/2023 at 09:38, London Blue said:

Grey is a professional, he has moved clubs quite a bit, the Fulham bid never materialised as did any other concrete bid (Or if they did it was a Braac Concrete bid).

We have saved quite a bit in wages and have a bit for some January deals so if he still wants to go then he can play his part and earn a Winter move.

This aged well 😂

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Fact: Gray posted a deliberately negative comment about his manager.

Fact: It's all over the news media, including the BBC.

Fact: The words he chose to use are virtually identical to what he posted when leaving Leicester.

Likely: It'll be raised as an unwanted distraction in upcoming interviews with Dyche.

Fact: It destabilises us

Just read he’s had a medical in London today and will be off to a Saudi team next week, he will be on a 90k a week contract and was sold for just under 5m, will be interesting to see if this pans out, I hope it’s true because there’s no good going to come out of him staying here. Plus we save the wages of a player who has pretty much zero chance of playing. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

So we no Dyche took his shirt and gave it to someone else, now if that happened without a discussion with Gray or a discussion that was this is what I’m doing like it or not, I think most people would find that they had been disrespected, so can we discount that as the reason Gray said what he said. 

Actually, we don’t know that. 

Harrison has not been confirmed as number 11, in fact, at the Doncaster game his number on the programme was 30. On the club website Gray is still 11, Harrison still doesn’t have a number. 
In all likelihood Harrison would have been given number 11 if Gray left, he might if he does leave before the end of the week, but he’s not yet. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Actually, we don’t know that. 

Harrison has not been confirmed as number 11, in fact, at the Doncaster game his number on the programme was 30. On the club website Gray is still 11, Harrison still doesn’t have a number. 
In all likelihood Harrison would have been given number 11 if Gray left, he might if he does leave before the end of the week, but he’s not yet. 

On other sites it shows Harrison is 11 our club web site isn’t the greatest for up to date info Ste, but agreed we 100% don’t no that for sure, as with all the other theories we don’t know for sure what has happened between him and Dyche. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

On other sites it shows Harrison is 11 our club web site isn’t the greatest for up to date info Ste, but agreed we 100% don’t no that for sure, as with all the other theories we don’t know for sure what has happened between him and Dyche. 

Whilst it is known to be slow to update with injury news etc, squad stuff is part of the signing announcement isn't it? Either way, the OS is the only official Everton site. 

Rumours resurfacing about a Saudi move again today. Probably all part of the negotiations. Maybe we can't afford his loyalty fee and we're trying to force his hand with a transfer request?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Whilst it is known to be slow to update with injury news etc, squad stuff is part of the signing announcement isn't it? Either way, the OS is the only official Everton site. 

Rumours resurfacing about a Saudi move again today. Probably all part of the negotiations. Maybe we can't afford his loyalty fee and we're trying to force his hand with a transfer request?

Maybe we are who knows, but it serves no purpose having a player who doesn’t respect the manager and vice versa, I see this very much as a two way street, their both playing mind games and taking chunks out of each other if there’s no working relationship or respect between each of them then why carry on the relationship. Another thing Dyche said which highlights where Gray has been in his plans, was the comment he made in one of his last televised interviews when he said “ we will have to try and integrate him back into the team” which can only mean until then he had no part in the team or it’s future, so obviously the expected transfer Dyche had been banking on must have fallen through. Now Gray was wrong to make his feelings be heard in public it should have remained behind closed doors, and Dyche equally as said and done things concerning Gray which he could have handled better. But imo one of them has to go and it’s not Dyche. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Maybe we are who knows, but it serves no purpose having a player who doesn’t respect the manager and vice versa, I see this very much as a two way street, their both playing mind games and taking chunks out of each other if there’s no working relationship or respect between each of them then why carry on the relationship. Another thing Dyche said which highlights where Gray has been in his plans, was the comment he made in one of his last televised interviews when he said “ we will have to try and integrate him back into the team” which can only mean until then he had no part in the team or it’s future, so obviously the expected transfer Dyche had been banking on must have fallen through. Now Gray was wrong to make his feelings be heard in public it should have remained behind closed doors, and Dyche equally as said and done things concerning Gray which he could have handled better. But imo one of them has to go and it’s not Dyche. 

Gray has not been involved in anything first team wise since last season which to me is crazy.