IGNORED

Demarai Gray

4 minutes ago, patto said:

Did I say this situation now was all Dyche’s fault no. 
if we keep Gray now it’ll be a financial disaster he walks for free in the summer. 

You've said since day one... 

If it's the transfer you've got an issue with, pretty sure that's handled by Thelwell but there's no mention of him? 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

You've said since day one... 

If it's the transfer you've got an issue with, pretty sure that's handled by Thelwell but there's no mention of him? 

Try reading the posts I’ve mentioned Thelwell 

it was Dyche who came on tv and said Gray was going nowhere till we get a replacement. 
Hello, we got no replacement we were too busy offering Leeds a Mars Bar for Gnonto on a deal that was never going to happen. 

8 minutes ago, patto said:

it was Dyche who came on tv and said Gray was going nowhere till we get a replacement. 
Hello, we got no replacement we were too busy offering Leeds a Mars Bar for Gnonto on a deal that was never going to happen. 

Perhaps the late deal for Iwobi is the curveball here… we probably weren’t expecting to get an offer of 20mil+ for him & they made a decision that it’s more cost effective to sell Iwobi & risk losing gray on a free than to keep Iwobi & sell gray for 12mil… I would think Iwobi was on higher wages & gray cost us 1.5m

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

Perhaps the late deal for Iwobi is the curveball here… we probably weren’t expecting to get an offer of 20mil+ for him & they made a decision that it’s more cost effective to sell Iwobi & risk losing gray on a free than to keep Iwobi & sell gray for 12mil… I would think Iwobi was on higher wages & gray cost us 1.5m

I understand all that but if he walks it’ll probably cost us over 10m in the long run look I like Gray but we have to sell him now. 
I can’t see Dyche using him now so it’s senseless to keep him. 

33 minutes ago, patto said:

I have, you're equally contradictory there too.

Of course Dyche came on TV. He's the manager, it's part of his job. But if you actually listen to him when he's in front of the camera, he's repeatedly expressing that he's not responsible but works with Thelwell.

I agree, he needs to go but this seems to be a Thelwell fault in an otherwise solid window. Can't have it all :)

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have, you're equally contradictory there too.

Of course Dyche came on TV. He's the manager, it's part of his job. But if you actually listen to him when he's in front of the camera, he's repeatedly expressing that he's not responsible but works with Thelwell.

I agree, he needs to go but this seems to be a Thelwell fault in an otherwise solid window. Can't have it all :)

Matt give it up lad your nitpicking

this situation is wrong tell me what you want Dyche to do give us an insight. 

12 hours ago, patto said:

So that’s it then it’s all Grays fault and yet nobody really knows what’s gone on. 

I sit in the unique camp of being a fan of neither gray or dyche. 

I believe both have character traits that piss me off. 

I mean for all the shit dcl got - here we have gray walking to his g wagon with expensive clothes and a handbag giving it the “I’ll say nice things about the fans but throw the manager under the bus to get my move”.

I seen a post that was taken down from a person who seem well linked to finch farm that indicated dyche had issues with gray and iwobi in terms of their attitude in and around training. 

put it this way, I’ve not seen iwobi run for dyche the way he did lampard. 

dyche has an arrogance and a way about him that I see in press conferences that annoy me as a fan, as a player I would find him hard work 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I sit in the unique camp of being a fan of neither gray or dyche. 

I believe both have character traits that it’s me off. 

I mean for all the shit dcl got - here we have gray walking to his g wagon with expensive clothes and a handbag giving it the “I’ll say nice things about the fans but throw the manager under the bus to get my move”.

I seen a post that was taken down from a person who seem well linked to finch farm that indicated dyche had issues with gray and iwobi in terms of their attitude in and around training. 

put it this way, I’ve not seen iwobi run for dyche the way he did lampard. 

I think Dyche’s ego is too big and it will eventually be the end of him. 

Don’t forget had we not got a point on Saturday there was going to be an outcry for Dyche to be removed. 
I don’t want him sacked I’m sick of us sacking managers but I fear if we get nothing out the next 2 games he will be toast. 

If Gray's potential move was to a Saudi club, then on transfer deadline week, sorting his move out was not any sort of priority. 

Gray may have been informed by the club that they will be open to offers for him this window as he is in his final year and club looking to go in a new direction etc etc. It sounds like the club have told him this. 

I am sure if the stars would have aligned and Gnonto or simlar got accross the line for us, then Gray will have been on the move this next week or two.

If we could not get a move for a better player over the line in the final few days then the club are under no obligation to sell Gray and leave oursleves short between now and January. Not ideal for Gray as he knows he's not high in the managers thinking (maybe should have some focus on why this is the case!!) and will only be used as a bit part player, but the club under no obligation to leave ourselves short after missing out on replacement targets. 

This is no sort of spitful vendetta in blocking moves by Dyche or Thelwell, its about Everton now simply maintaining as strong as possible sqaud as they can up to the next window.

Gray is simply now being unproffessional by venting his frustration on social media in a bid to get a move force a move to Saudi.

Gray and Everton are losers in this situation - but be proffessional and get on with it. 

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

If Gray's potential move was to a Saudi club, then on transfer deadline week, sorting his move out was not any sort of priority. 

Gray may have been informed by the club that they will be open to offers for him this window as he is in his final year and club looking to go in a new direction etc etc. It sounds like the club have told him this. 

I am sure if the stars would have aligned and Gnonto or simlar got accross the line for us, then Gray will have been on the move this next week or two.

If we could not get a move for a better player over the line in the final few days then the club are under no obligation to sell Gray and leave oursleves short between now and January. Not ideal for Gray as he knows he's not high in the managers thinking (maybe should have some focus on why this is the case!!) and will only be used as a bit part player, but the club under no obligation to leave ourselves short after missing out on replacement targets. 

This is no sort of spitful vendetta in blocking moves by Dyche or Thelwell, its about Everton now simply maintaining as strong as possible sqaud as they can up to the next window.

Gray is simply now being unproffessional by venting his frustration on social media in a bid to get a move force a move to Saudi.

Gray and Everton are losers in this situation - but be proffessional and get on with it. 

This applies to both party’s I don’t see a solution other than to let him go. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Dyche could be the shittest manager in the world for all I care, we can sack shit managers as proven.

I am sick of the fact that our club has been infested with mercenary, spoilt, egotistical babies who don’t give a stuff about the club. 

Unfortunately that’s football now. 

17 minutes ago, patto said:

He’s had 5 games to use him and hasn’t for whatever reason if he won’t use him he will not be missed. 
all we are doing is flushing money down the drain. 

because I have no doubt he is not high on the list of starters and plan was to move him out this summer. But the Iwobi transfer happened and the club where not able to get anybody in. 

Once the window slams shut - the club have to take stock of the squad and have to make a decision that will be best for Everton FC. 

Ideally we don't get injuries and we don't need Gray as cover and he actually doesn't get a game. Club is hopefully in a good place. The other potential scenario is that we have bad luck injuries wise, and attacking options are thin on the ground and Gray has to be used.

Money is flushed down the drain all the time with players who are ulitmately not used much, doesn't mean we shouldn't keep adequate (orcover in the squad.  At the moment the option is A)Gray or B.) nothing else and fingers crossed.

Club are simply think A) is the safest option given where we are. 

46 minutes ago, patto said:

Matt give it up lad your nitpicking

this situation is wrong tell me what you want Dyche to do give us an insight. 

I'm really not, I'm just quoting you, not much else going on :dontknow:

What do I want Dyche to do? Play his best 11. If Gray can't be arsed following basic instructions or deadlines, then let him rot I the reserves. If he gets his act together, let him play. If Thelwell can find another team to sell him too, then sell him. It's really not complicated.

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm really not, I'm just quoting you, not much else going on :dontknow:

What do I want Dyche to do? Play his best 11. If Gray can't be arsed following basic instructions or deadlines, then let him rot I the reserves. If he gets his act together, let him play. If Thelwell can find another team to sell him too, then sell him. It's really not complicated.

It’s not complicated there’s a team that want him sell him now. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So you think we should allow footballers to effectively run the football club?  Which lets be honest they’ve been doing at our place for ages.

No we make the decision but it really is daft to keep him now he should have been sold months ago. 
it was up to Thelwell to replace him they had plenty of time and the whole world to shop in. 

I see no benefit in keeping a player who has publicly said he can not play for a manager who has shown him no respect, and also a manager who obviously doesn’t want him or why would you take his number and give it to another player. Now I don’t know how that game about and what conversations took place between Dyche and Gray but could this be the reason Gray feels he’s been disrespected by Dyche. But for what ever reason they have fallen out, I find it hard to believe Myers tweet that we turned the deal down and he could potentially become a distraction to the team and getting paid for doing nothing. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Imagine you're a manager with a company that's very well known. Imagine that one of your principal employees goes onto social media and calls you an inept and useless slob because you wouldn't assign him to a certain project. How professional is that? How do your other employees react when you, and possibly they, become the subject of media intrigue? Imagine that you're trying to do the best job you can and now you're distracted by this nonsense. Imagine that the media now starts calling your other employees trying to dig up dirt and they post fabricated articles when they get none. How do you feel about this problem employee - especially when HR tell you that he did the very same thing at his previous company?

This is not just "the insta post". It's what that insta post means in context and the damage it's doing.

You could imagine a whole lot of scenarios for and against both Dyche and Gray. Imagine your manager doesn’t give you opportunities to show your worth and doesn’t involve you in what the company are trying to accomplish, so much so that in vital team meetings he selects 3 people that can only add the same information and knowledge and doesn’t invite you to meeting even though you feel you would be a better option than having 3 people who can only perform the same task. Then imagine you go on a business trip and when you get back someone has been taken on to cover your role and they have emptied your desk and given it to the new employee, and imagine when you complained about how you were treated you were  perceived as the guilty party because you had said something similar at another company. And finally imagine what it’s like having to work at company were you feel unwanted and undervalued, because it happens day in and day out and can have a very negative impact on someone’s own worth and health, imagine if that was you who had been treated that way what would you do. 
Apologies for sounding like John Lennon. 

On 03/09/2023 at 13:58, Boston Toffee said:

I read somewhere (apologies for not grabbing the source)that Gray pulled the same they don't respect me stuff at Leicester and wanted out. Who knows who' to blame. I was hoping with our thin bench they could have reconciled and kept him active until at least January window.

On 03/09/2023 at 15:30, Romey 1878 said:

The previous page :lol:.

23 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

My word I'm dumb

2 minutes ago, Boston Toffee said:

I read somewhere (apologies for not grabbing the source)that Gray pulled the same they don't respect me stuff at Leicester and wanted out. Who knows who' to blame. I was hoping with our thin bench they could have reconciled and kept him active until at least January window.

What is going on?!

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You could imagine a whole lot of scenarios for and against both Dyche and Gray. Imagine your manager doesn’t give you opportunities to show your worth and doesn’t involve you in what the company are trying to accomplish, so much so that in vital team meetings he selects 3 people that can only add the same information and knowledge and doesn’t invite you to meeting even though you feel you would be a better option than having 3 people who can only perform the same task. Then imagine you go on a business trip and when you get back someone has been taken on to cover your role and they have emptied your desk and given it to the new employee, and imagine when you complained about how you were treated you were  perceived as the guilty party because you had said something similar at another company. And finally imagine what it’s like having to work at company were you feel unwanted and undervalued, because it happens day in and day out and can have a very negative impact on someone’s own worth and health, imagine if that was you who had been treated that way what would you do. 
Apologies for sounding like John Lennon. 

Until something like this happens to you in a work situation you won’t understand how it affects you. 

1 minute ago, Boston Toffee said:

Not a clue. Was actually trying to make a new dumb post. I told you all yesterday how dumb I am. It just continues.  Apologies to all. I try to post things to be part of this community but doesn't always work out. 

Well this took a turn. This post just made me sad more than anything