IGNORED

Demarai Gray

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Fulham did a really weird thing today… they took their striker off for another striker and even when their striker, who had come on, looked like he would need to come off, they had even had another striker ready to replace him 🤯

Cheating. 

10 hours ago, c1982 said:

Fulham did a really weird thing today… they took their striker off for another striker and even when their striker, who had come on, looked like he would need to come off, they had even had another striker ready to replace him 🤯

Who would have thought you could do that in a match, you learn something new everyday. 

17 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

With Harrison injured for the next month or so it wouldn't make the most sense to let him go now. Maybe deadline day.

I don’t think he’s going to feature at all regardless so we might as well sell unless we feel we can more by dragging it out. 

2 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

Twist

agree, we already have McNeil and Harrison to come in to the team ahead of Grey. Add to that Danjuma who came off the bench yesterday. If lucky we also get Gnonto (or similar).  We will have 3-4 players ahead of him.

I am all for selling player who are on the fringe, but would bring in a decent fee. Strike while the iron is hot on this one. With a bit of luck he gets offered money he will find hard to turn down. I would guess we might get a 20-25% bigger fee from a Saudi team. 

Hopefully he takes the move and we can then use the money to get the next two over the line. 

I dont think the wait for a replacement thing will be too accurate. If we know he’s going and we know the money is coming in we can go back to Leeds and try to sort things out while Gray is getting his deal finalised. Shouldn’t take too much time, apart from Leeds being dickheads. 

In a competent club this would be a good move financially. It's a nice bit of money that we can reinvest. 

With this shower, I just think it'll be a bit more cash in their back pocket without much return on the pitch. Whether Gray stays or goes, we'll have the same business. 

Personally, I'd keep him around. He's a bright spark that was left hung out to dry playing out of position.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I thought the process with the Saudi league was that the league buys the players and then assigns them to a club. Sure I read that somewhere.

The PIF (whatever the investment fund is) owns four teams and I think they are buying players for their four teams. The other teams are owned by some other oil rich idiots who throw cash around too. 
Not sure who the four teams are though, as who gives a fuck about that league? Just one of you give us loads of money for players we don’t want. And take some of the players over the park that they wouldn’t want to lose. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

The PIF (whatever the investment fund is) owns four teams and I think they are buying players for their four teams. The other teams are owned by some other oil rich idiots who throw cash around too. 
Not sure who the four teams are though, as who gives a fuck about that league? Just one of you give us loads of money for players we don’t want. And take some of the players over the park that they wouldn’t want to lose. 

The one that was after Gray wasn't one of the super rich clubs, hence it not thought to be a big fee. I would assume the other side interested in him aren't either.