IGNORED

Demarai Gray

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If it's true then you've got to do it.

Like everyone, my worry is spending it and spending it well. For a club that notoriously leaves it's business to the last minute pre-season could be a very long slog.

I agree, the timing of our transfer leaves a lot to be desired. I think everybody is nervous of the club selling give there recent inability to bring players in. 

We dropped the ball in not getting another goal scorer in last summer, only to end up in a worst state after the January transfer window. That was shear incompetence on the clubs pars and should be a massive warning light on why not to leave transfers to the final week. Those coming in any sort of final week flurry should be bonus transfers rather than absolute necessity. Priority No.1 - need a squad that is strong enough to not be in a relegation battle.  This has to be well and truly in place before game week 1. 

If there is an good opportunity to improve the squad on the lead up to transfer deadline day to in developing the squad beyond our minimum expectation then great. I don't have an issue with last minute deals.  

We all seem to be in agreement for once that at the figures been bandied about we should sell. Yet on the flip side most are concerned about us getting the fee to reinvest and how the investment will be spent. What a truly shocking state of affairs this club has led us into.  And I say that with a love and passion for this club whose spirit and belief has been shattered by the owners and board. So keep Gray if we can sometimes it’s better the devil you know, especially when it comes to Everton. 

Mad times!
I quite like Gray and have no issue if he were to stay. 
Infuriating but has shown he can contribute to wins etc 

However, if we get a bid around that price then you have to accept it. 
Business side is a no brainer, but if we can invest that in 2 players, then we've done brilliantly.
The scary thought is us using that money wisely!
There are players out there that wont cost the earth and will improve us 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Well done, your officially better at maths then Palfy. 
makes no difference what someone offers though.

They could offer 10p. We can still value him at whatever we choose. 

No, I thought you were saying that the 20 plus 5 meant we were valuing him at 30. I read it wrong.

My what is officially better at Maths than Palfy though? My hand? Just my pinky finger?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

They didn't sell him, they lost him for nothing.

Rumour is that Gray wants to go to Palace and has turned the Saudi move down.

Right didn’t really go into the details and automatically thought he had been sold, still Palace may have a greater need for Gray now that Saha has gone.