IGNORED

The Shite (Home) 1st December

Romey 1878

We showed up for a part of the game but essentially Liverpool ran rings around us and could or should have scored 3 or 4 more. 

They also ran more than us and bar a 10 minute spell before half time, I thought they wanted it more and didnt shit themselves when they had it. 

I am not sure setting up in a 442 was the smartest decision but those subs were really worrying. 

We desperately need 3 points against Arsenal.

Let's get real for a moment. We knew we'd lose this match. Some, including myself, thought we'd lose by a greater margin. Emotions shouldn't cloud our judgment here.

My concern is not losing the derby: It's seeing the same issues we've faced from day one. Was the strategy and team configuration right at the outset? Clearly not. Were the substitutions the right ones to make? Absolutely not. Were players started who should never play in a derby? Rondon should never have started. This is the pattern: Poor strategy, wrong substitutions, and playing favorites. This isn't going to change. This ought to be what concerns us, not the result of one game.

Adding one more observation to the list: Our young players will never get a chance as long as Benitez is in charge. They're all going to leave.

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We showed up for a part of the game but essentially Liverpool ran rings around us and could or should have scored 3 or 4 more. 

They also ran more than us and bar a 10 minute spell before half time, I thought they wanted it more and didnt shit themselves when they had it. 

I am not sure setting up in a 442 was the smartest decision but those subs were really worrying. 

We desperately need 3 points against Arsenal.

This was inevitable wasn't it? 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Yeah disgusting from our fans

Yeah wrong to be throwing plastic bottles at the police but the police have caused the situation was there a need to take the fan out of the crowd and then four of the manhandling him and one kicking him a few times on his legs that for me was too heavy I just hope someone videod it. Some police just go to far. 

10 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

One more thing for all those blaming injuries... If everyone in the squad was fully available right now, what change would you have made to the starting lineup other than replacing Rondon with DC-L? And would you have the confidence, with a full strength lineup, to repeat last season's derby result?

DCL changes the balance of the team completely, he offers an outlet who can win and hold up the ball, brings other players in to the game when doing this, and presses the defence in a way two Rondons could never do. Maybe wouldn’t have changed last night, but certainly some of the games where he’s been missing, if we had won 3 of those losses we would be in a better place, granted still vulnerable when we loose a key player.

8 hours ago, patto said:

Yeah wrong to be throwing plastic bottles at the police but the police have caused the situation was there a need to take the fan out of the crowd and then four of the manhandling him and one kicking him a few times on his legs that for me was too heavy I just hope someone videod it. Some police just go to far. 

Horrible actions by some of our followers in the ground last night, throwing bottles at payers or police, what does that achieve other than get the club a bad name, and if your caught, struggling and fighting with the police is only going to end one way.

I can’t see how some think they have the moral ground over the shite fans, yes they were disrespectful during the clapping for Cliff Marshall,  Ray Kennedy and then Ava, many around me calling them rats ( I agree they started singing during the clapping) but later on a number were shouting abuse at Allison and laughing about his dad dying, that’s out of order in my book.

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

My concern is not losing the derby: It's seeing the same issues we've faced from day one. Was the strategy and team configuration right at the outset? Clearly not. Were the substitutions the right ones to make? Absolutely not. Were players started who should never play in a derby? Rondon should never have started. This is the pattern: Poor strategy, wrong substitutions, and playing favorites. This isn't going to change. This ought to be what concerns us, not the result of one game.

Adding one more observation to the list: Our young players will never get a chance as long as Benitez is in charge. They're all going to leave.

Was the team configuration right? I guess, like many, you would have preferred a 433? That sytem relies on width from your full backs and I think Benitez has quickly realised that our full backs are crap. So, he is taking a gamble and trying to get some width in a 442. That does leave us light in the middle, so it's a calculated risk. Liverpool destroyed United and Arsenal recently, so you take your poison whichever system you want. We also have no creative midfielder so our midfield 3 provide zero going forward.

I thought Rondon did okay, actually, and justifed his place. He was only ever bought as a backup. When he went off, Richarlison was awful up top, so who would you have played? DCL makes a massive difference to the team.

I thought Gray was our best player (a Benitez pickup) again. The system appears to be designed to get him on the ball in space. When DCL is playing, it gives all the forwards more space.

Rather than saying Benitez plays his favourites (which manager with such a terrible squad wouldn't?), look at what he has available. Dobbin, Simms? What have you seen of these players that makes you think they would have done better than Rondon last night? Genuinely curious. 

Benitez will undoubtedly go. All managers go, so there's not much art in predicting it. When he goes, we will still have two crap full backs, no creative central midfielder, two dodgy centre backs. I think Benitez's pickups have been decent. I would like to give him a chance in the January sales but I think this will be a minority view.

If I had to get rid of one person at the club, it would be Brands - he has overseen the recruitment and utterly failed. The people who appointed him need to do better.    

4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Horrible actions by some of our followers in the ground last night, throwing bottles at payers or police, what does that achieve other than get the club a bad name, and if your caught, struggling and fighting with the police is only going to end one way.

I can’t see how some think they have the moral ground over the shite fans, yes they were disrespectful during the clapping for Cliff Marshall,  Ray Kennedy and then Ava, many around me calling them rats ( I agree they started singing during the clapping) but later on a number were shouting abuse at Allison and laughing about his dad dying, that’s out of order in my book.

Was you behind the goal that end ?

10 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Yeah it was ridiculous the amount of idiots that were throwing bottles, thought it was a bit stupid of Henderson to start goading the crowd when he scored in such a volatile situation but it’s no excuse

I saw the Allison incident , he accidentally threw a bottle from the pitch and it hit a kid , so that’s why people we’re snarling at him

He apologised straight away and looked genuinely gutted so I don’t think he deserved that and if dickeads hadn’t have being throwing bottles on the pitch he wouldn’t have had to clear them off it

Didnt hear anyone laughing about his dad dying but I was too far away to hear what they were shouting, disgusting behaviour if that’s true

On 02/12/2021 at 09:00, Wiggytop said:

I was in top tier and shouted “grow up and get on with the fking football’ at them. Half the stand just turned and stared at me. 

Most were too busy watching that incident to notice what was on the pitch. Not a moment for us to be proud of. On the pitch or on the stands.